IGNORED

Jon and Brian - Time to Shine Boys

Numero Uno

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Let's not forget LM has several players returned from injury so has a stronger squad to "train on the grass" and select. Some in key positions where there was no real alternatives like central defence

Central defence isn't the problem!

How many of these returning players are creative or goalscoring players? Not enough!

You can't polish a wotsit, mate. And we're a bang average, nowhere near top 6, wotsit.

• Like 2

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

How many of these returning players are creative or goalscoring players? Not enough!

You can't polish a wotsit, mate. And we're a bang average, nowhere near top 6, wotsit.

Anyone with half a clue about football can see we’re miles off a playoff side, I wouldn’t mind just scoring a goal for now 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

This manager is actually getting far less from the squad, style wise. We are now so boring to watch.

It’s absolute dross.

I actively look forward to the games where the opposition are likely to dominate possession as watching us on the ball is just pure torture.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Go back a few months and these two fired a Manager who was “failing to get the best out of a top end squad”. Fast forward eleven matches and we are in pretty much the same place we were. Surely a “better” manager recruited to give us a better chance of success should have come in and achieved MORE if it was only the old manager that was failing us? Your words suggested the squad was good enough but not the manager, YOUR WORDS.

Conclusion so far? Manning is getting no more out of this squad than the sacked manager did. What does that suggest? To me it says the squad was never top end in the first place and where we are with it is as good is it gets. Liam has achieved no more, no less,

It’s clear that Manning needs the tools to deliver what has been “spun” from the top. So it’s literally over to the hierarchy. Are you a pair of sound bite bullshitters who will **** us over in the end, which some think you are, or do you have the ability to recruit what Liam needs and what you have said yourselves?

I think many fans will be watching you now…..is it bullshit and bluster or are you going to deliver on your words? Over to you guys!!

We’ve been here before Numero Uno - it’s been done to death and now needs to be let go.

All we can do is get behind and support Manning 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think many fans will be watching you now…..is it bullshit and bluster or are you going to deliver on your words? Over to you guys!!

Either they were lying or they really believed what they said. Whichever it is they are condemned out of their own mouths as not fit for the roles they fill.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

What including the previously injured players now fit to play?

I think not...

I do. It’s facts. Pearson and Manning are producing similar points per game and it’s no criticism of either of them. The squad is mediocre at the level and the same issues in breaking teams down have been there for years, whoever is fit.

Anyone who thinks all we need is yet ANOTHER manager is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, chinapig said:

Either they were lying or they really believed what they said. Whichever it is they are condemned out of their own mouths as not fit for the roles they fill.

If they really believed what they were saying then that’s really worrying.

18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Go back a few months and these two fired a Manager who was “failing to get the best out of a top end squad”. Fast forward eleven matches and we are in pretty much the same place we were. Surely a “better” manager recruited to give us a better chance of success should have come in and achieved MORE if it was only the old manager that was failing us? Your words suggested the squad was good enough but not the manager, YOUR WORDS.

Conclusion so far? Manning is getting no more out of this squad than the sacked manager did. What does that suggest? To me it says the squad was never top end in the first place and where we are with it is as good is it gets. Liam has achieved no more, no less,

I have no doubts Manning will get the point per game that sees us easily safe. But that is not what the two at the top said they would deliver. Front foot, attacking football and success were the sound bites. Three league games without a goal suggests it ain’t happening. More seasons of this type of mediocrity will see us leave the division in the end……..

It’s clear that Manning needs the tools to deliver what has been “spun” from the top. So it’s literally over to the hierarchy. Are you a pair of sound bite bullshitters who will **** us over in the end, which some think you are, or do you have the ability to recruit what Liam needs and what you have said yourselves?

Condensed version. We sacked a manager in 11th for not being in the top ten who had earned the right to spend the money he made!

16 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Of course they won’t deliver.  This is Lansdown City

A blind squirrel etc. But it’s not expected

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bloody long post.

To save anyone reading until the end, spoiler- it’s bullshit.

Didn’t either. Condensed above. 

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

‘Optimistic’ there’s a real chance we have a new signing in by next week says LM. 

May I be the first to say, welcome…..

back, Chris Martin. 

You know for a last 15 option he is as good as Cornick. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

This manager is actually getting far less from the squad, style wise. We are now so boring to watch.

Yes and Yes. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If you can advise the maximum word count I’ll stick to that in future.

You say what you think fella. But remember the average attention span on here is about six seconds. 

5 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

It’s absolute dross.

I actively look forward to the games where the opposition are likely to dominate possession as watching us on the ball is just pure torture.

Nailed it!

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We’ve been here before Numero Uno - it’s been done to death and now needs to be let go.

All we can do is get behind and support Manning 

Couldn’t agree less with respect. The two at the top HAVE to take responsibility and if they don’t then fans sitting back and doing **** all will have one ending.

For me, this is nothing to do with Manning UNTIL he is given the tools. If he doesn’t perform then he has to be accountable at that point.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Someone tell him we need two upfront .

He won't play two up front. He's meant to be a coach and work with what he's got until he can move players in and out to get what he wants but we haven't the type of forward player to play on his own! Quelle surprise, we haven't scored in the last three league matches! Conway looks flogged on his own; Bell, Cornick and Wells can't play on their own and Weimann looks to be on his way yet our clever head coach still won't change his tactics to suit what he has at his disposal or select from the "clubs in the bag". Unbelievable!

• Like 4

I want to get behind Manning and the lads. But also want JL and BT to be accountable for their brain dead stupid decision making. As others have said - either lying to the fan base, or gas levels of delusion. Either way - want them to take responsibility 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Couldn’t agree less with respect. The two at the top HAVE to take responsibility and if they don’t then fans sitting back and doing **** all will have one ending.

For me, this is nothing to do with Manning UNTIL he is given the tools. If he doesn’t perform then he has to be accountable at that point.

But we know they won’t. At all. 

We need desperately a proper football structure with proper qualified football people. Been saying it for years.

We aren’t going to get it with Steve. 

So we’ll bob along in mid table until, until we get into a relegation scrap. Fire the coach. Get relegated anyway and then we go again with a big rebuild in tier 3. 

There’s just no need for it. We just don’t have a sound plan. And it’s unforgivable and so disappointing because Steve is a smart man (allegedly). And dumb and dumber keep bullshitting us at every turn.

Maybe, just maybe Manning is a 💎 amongst all the 💩. But we’ll be so so lucky for this to pan out. If indeed he sees out his contract.

In the mean time. I’ll go to my 3/4 games a season and be sad that it’s a little bit more bad than good.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Your right it isn't the problem but it WAS. 

At Cardiff we had Sykes at right back (tanner injured), played Pring at centre back (Vyner and Atkinson injured) and played a 17 year old at left back because Pring had to play out of position.

We lost 2-0 and the manager was sacked.

Bastards.

• Like 11
  • Flames 5

4 minutes ago, cellist said:

I want to get behind Manning and the lads. But also want JL and BT to be accountable for their brain dead stupid decision making. As others have said - either lying to the fan base, or gas levels of delusion. Either way - want them to take responsibility 

Dont hold your breath.

2 minutes ago, cellist said:

Until a number of our supporters see this rather than slagging off manager after manager it will always be. What is it? Oh yeah, “be careful what you wish for”.

I’m sure we all wish to pay hundreds (in some cases thousands) of pounds, not to mention the time, to watch the same mediocrity for literally years on end………..

Buy yeah, let’s sack Manning and let Jon and Sid pick the next one to deliver us mediocrity. What a ******* plan that is😂

• Flames 2