IGNORED

Worst view in Championship

Paisley Robin

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

One of the worse views as far as tv cameras go is Ashton Gate. It’s way too high up.

Perhaps Jonathan Pearce will mention it to someone on Tuesday so they can get it sorted before we hit the big time. So no rush. 

With today’s technology it’s not difficult  to magnify the camera lenses.

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 3

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

With today’s technology it’s not difficult  to magnify the camera lenses.

Technology to zoom in has been around for a hundred years but that’s not how televising a game works. It’s all about the angles and position I suppose.

There was endless criticism of our games against Man Utd and City. If you google “Ashton Gate camera angle too high” there’s pages of criticism to read on the subject.

I guess as we were at those games we haven’t noticed so much.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

One of the worse views as far as tv cameras go is Ashton Gate. It’s way too high up.

Perhaps Jonathan Pearce will mention it to someone on Tuesday so they can get it sorted before we hit the big time. So no rush. 

Position at Ipswich doesn't look good on TV

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The sprinklers are mind.

Only part that will ever be😄

• Haha 1

Its got to be Kenilworth Road as you're below pitchside for the first few rows that's if you don't get decapitated between the seat rows. Dreadful place.

Loftus Road has to be the other. You can't see the touchline from the Upper Tier, there are numerous posts obstructing the view if you're unfortunate to be on either side plus the obligatory leg decapitation between the seat rows. They should close it down and ground share with Barnet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Technology to zoom in has been around for a hundred years but that’s not how televising a game works. It’s all about the angles and position I suppose.

There was endless criticism of our games against Man Utd and City. If you google “Ashton Gate camera angle too high” there’s pages of criticism to read on the subject.

I guess as we were at those games we haven’t noticed so much.

The same complaints were all over twitter when we played Man City in the cup last season aswell. So 6 years later and the club still haven't taken onboard the criticism, just about sums us up really - ******* amateur from top to bottom at this club.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Bris Red said:

The same complaints were all over twitter when we played Man City in the cup last season aswell. So 6 years later and the club still haven't taken onboard the criticism, just about sums us up really - ******* amateur from top to bottom at this club.

I think I remember that during lockdown the gantry was moved lower down the upper Lansdown, possibly for rugby only. It was then moved back to the top after lockdown.

The club are clearly aware of the problem but don't want to do nothing about it.

I've found some videos of rugby during lockdown vs now. It certainly seems like the angle is much different. 

Screenshot_20240115_052657_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_053032_YouTube.jpg

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think I remember that during lockdown the gantry was moved lower down the upper Lansdown, possibly for rugby only. It was then moved back to the top after lockdown.

The club are clearly aware of the problem but don't want to do nothing about it.

I've found some videos of rugby during lockdown vs now. It certainly seems like the angle is much different. 

Screenshot_20240115_052657_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_053032_YouTube.jpg

Found a pic of the temporary gantry during lockdown. 

I think the solution is to make a cutting in the bottom rows of the top tier where the media seats currently are and have the cameras there. Move the media seats back a few rows to enable this. 

Screenshot_20240115_054833_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Encourages more matches to be televised, which brings more money to the club.

Do you honestly believe this!

I believe there is a "contract" of sort that each club has to be shown a minimum on TV depending on level depends on numbers. If this is not correct then I stand corrected.

If true and I believe it to be, then little old BCFC would not be shown any more than they have to, the TV companies have to have a wankfest over recently relegated teams and those so say bigger than us at our level

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I believe there is a "contract" of sort that each club has to be shown a minimum on TV depending on level depends on numbers. If this is not correct then I stand corrected.

If true and I believe it to be, then little old BCFC would not be shown any more than they have to, the TV companies have to have a wankfest over recently relegated teams and those so say bigger than us at our level

I know what you're saying and it's true to a large extent, but TV sport directors do dislike some grounds more than others because of view/access/hospitality and that plays a part. 

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

I know what you're saying and it's true to a large extent, but TV sport directors do dislike some grounds more than others because of view/access/hospitality and that plays a part. 

Fair do's can understand that. I still don't think it would be worth the outlay to change it all around though, maybe a blinkered view I admit!

7 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Correct. In brief each Championship club has to be shown by Sky a minimum of 4 times per season, and a minimum of 2 of those games must be home games (which stops them showing us away to Leicester, Sunderland, WBA and Leeds and calling that our 4 games).

We generally get shown the bare minimum, and often it's a game like Rotherham as that ticks the box for two unappealing teams at once.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Correct. In brief each Championship club has to be shown by Sky a minimum of 4 times per season, and a minimum of 2 of those games must be home games (which stops them showing us away to Leicester, Sunderland, WBA and Leeds and calling that our 4 games).

We generally get shown the bare minimum, and often it's a game like Rotherham as that ticks the box for two unappealing teams at once.

True, the other choice is the one Sky has now gone for, games against Leeds & Southampton, ex Prem teams on almost all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

We get shown the bare minimum so that does lead to questions as to whether the TV companies do consider this. 

I know for a fact that Sky do not like our camera position and that they previously asked the club to move it. 

59 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Fair do's can understand that. I still don't think it would be worth the outlay to change it all around though, maybe a blinkered view I admit!

Not sure it would cost the world to move it about. If we got more games televised in both football and rugby then that makes the outlay worth it.

Once again the club/Bristol Sport planned something poorly.

This is the set up at the Etihad. Should be like that here. 

general-view-showing-television-cameras-in-the-etihad-stadium-2BBD2R8.jpg

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

True, the other choice is the one Sky has now gone for, games against Leeds & Southampton, ex Prem teams on almost all the time.

Yeh the games that pull big figures regardless of who those teams play.

Personally I've no issue with our camera position. However I suspect this is because our games are pretty much the only football I watch so I've nothing to compare it to other than when we play away. I don't see the PL set ups or notice much difference.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Been fairly content with the lansdowns myself, bungling but well meaning rogues that they are however you are right on this and now I am absolutely LANSDOWN OUT. The camera is too high at AG and it is absolutely the fault of the man who funded the 50 million pound redevelopment. When oh when will we have an owner who will stop this madness and lower the damn cameras, then AND ONLY THEN will we reach the promised land. I heard Nigel person was secretly working with ground staff to lower the cameras but he got caught by the lansdowns and that’s why he was sacked. Brian tinnion saw him checking out site lines on a Tuesday morning early in November. COINCIDENCE??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, frenchred said:

Why do people care about what it looks like on TV?

Because people pay good money when they subscribe to Robins TV.The commentary is garbage,so the least they can do give us a decent camera angle. Every away game you watch is much better and closer to the action!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnbytheriver said:

Because people pay good money when they subscribe to Robins TV.The commentary is garbage,so the least they can do give us a decent camera angle. Every away game you watch is much better and closer to the action!

This is gonna open up a whole new debate, I don't think city or anyone should be showing 3pm kick offs on Saturday, so I will stand by my point