IGNORED

West Ham United at home FA Cup replay match thread

24 minutes ago, City oz said:

Great post JB, do you remember Alf Garnett / Warren Mitchell who was a great actor, and I will always remember him as one of the great Hammers supporters. You got to admit 'IM FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES" is a classic. Let's hope the Hammers fans tonight will be kept quiet.

Thanks City oz, yep remember Alf Garnet from my youth, Till Death us Apart was quite a radical bit of TV back in the day. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Are we allowing them to bring their ‘Bubble Machine’ this time?

I hope not. Club and fans alike should be working together to turn AG into an intimidating fortress, not somewhere welcoming all comers with open arms.

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Imagine if that was the case, would put the emphasis on the losing team to go for it in extra time!

That’s not a bad idea actually. It might avoid the boring stalemate we often see in Extra Time in knockout matches. 

Have an immediate sudden death penalty shootout first and then the losing team gets an opportunity to overturn the result in 15 mins of Extra Time.

Would liven things up quite a bit. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

That’s not a bad idea actually. It might avoid the boring stalemate we often see in Extra Time in knockout matches. 

Have an immediate sudden death penalty shootout first and then the losing team gets an opportunity to overturn the result in 15 mins of Extra Time.

Would liven things up quite a bit. 

Even better.

I would like to see the old NASL shoot-outs, players running at the keeper 1v1 from 25 yards and have 10 seconds to score.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, City oz said:

Great post JB, do you remember Alf Garnett / Warren Mitchell who was a great actor, and I will always remember him as one of the great Hammers supporters. You got to admit 'IM FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES" is a classic. Let's hope the Hammers fans tonight will be kept quiet.

Alf Garnett was certainly a West Ham fan, but, in real life, Warren Mitchell was actually a Tottenham Hotspurs fan.

5 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Thanks City oz, yep remember Alf Garnet from my youth, Till Death us Apart was quite a radical bit of TV back in the day. 

I used to love that programme, and remember nearly being punished in my Junior School as a result.

Mind you, it probably wasn't the best idea to call my miserable English teacher a silly moo.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
29 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Alf Garnett was certainly a West Ham fan, but, in real life, Warren Mitchell was actually a Tottenham Hotspurs fan.

I used to love that programme, and remember nearly being punished in my Junior School as a result.

Mind you, it probably wasn't the best idea to call my miserable English teacher a silly moo.

Called my Mum the same, never again 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Memory fades, but I don’t recall any really bad language.

There was obviously a lot of racism and sexism, I really don’t think of the series as being riddled with swearing.

"You scouse git," directed at Tony Booth was about the sweariest I think?

53 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

4 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Alf Garnett supported West Ham but the actor Warren Mitchell was actually a Tottenham fan

It’s been bugging me. I know Alf Garnett was a West Ham fan but does anyone know who Warren Mitchell supported?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
20 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Memory fades, but I don’t recall any really bad language.

There was obviously a lot of racism and sexism, I really don’t think of the series as being riddled with swearing.

Silly Moo😂