IGNORED

Is The Game In Doubt??

REDOXO

(Noted comments re undersold heating.)

OP it's only ever going to be postponed if it's dangerous for spectators to attend. This won't be the case tomorrow.

Thete was a home game v Sheff Weds about 5 years ago (?) when their squad was decimated. Although conditions were poor underfoot & some roads were impassable, we made sure we put the game on. I'd say about 50% of fans didn't manage to attend. Shocking antifan decision that was.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
42 minutes ago, phantom said:

No

End of discussion 🤦

Seeing as you locked this thread and reopened it, can we assume you were sat snuggly and warm at home, oblivious to the temperatures outside, then suddenly remembered you hadn’t put the bins out, and have now realised it’s bloody cold! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

For what reason? Gonna be a relatively balmy 1°C at kick-off. 

Danny **** face said it was on Talk shite

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

Considering we have under soil heating I doubt it very much 

Exactly. However see above!

2 hours ago, miser said:

I'm assuming that the OP is not in BS3 at the moment,  but maybe getting some weather news from the Evil Post.

OP is in Chicago. Please see above about Danny **** face comments on UK national radio. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

(Noted comments re undersold heating.)

OP it's only ever going to be postponed if it's dangerous for spectators to attend. This won't be the case tomorrow.

Thete was a home game v Sheff Weds about 5 years ago (?) when their squad was decimated. Although conditions were poor underfoot & some roads were impassable, we made sure we put the game on. I'd say about 50% of fans didn't manage to attend. Shocking antifan decision that was.

Again the comment was on UK National radio clearly I’m the only one listening to! I agree with you our undersoil heating is undersold. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

No

Happy days!

Edited by REDOXO

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Where I am it is -20C. However driving around today listening to Talk shite  sport, they were indicating the game could be postponed

Is there something in it?

Not sure it matters what the temp is where you are as to whether the game is on or off 🤣

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@REDOXO on this subject - how on earth do the NFL teams play, with fans in attendance, on -20C? How is that allowed by their equivalent of the safety groups? Police? Players unions? How does it work?

All of the above tbh. You must have seen the Highmark Stadium yesterday before the Steelers game 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

@REDOXO on this subject - how on earth do the NFL teams play, with fans in attendance, on -20C? How is that allowed by their equivalent of the safety groups? Police? Players unions? How does it work?

Maybe they are not so pathetically soft as this country has become?

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

NFL is a completely different sport. All the players are padded with levels of body protection and games are played in virtually all conditions including snowstorms. I don’t remember a game ever being postponed because of the weather.

That said I guess that only heavy fog might cause a game to be delayed/postponed but even then they might have to play.

The NFL is a huge organisation worth billions and billions of dollars and for a fixture not to be fulfilled would cause massive disruption to the entire set up.

As for public safety- I have no idea what the American regulations are.

• Facepalm 2

Just now, Robbored said:

NFL is a completely different sport. All the players are padded with levels of body protection and games are played in virtually all conditions including snowstorms. I don’t remember a game ever being postponed because of the weather.

That said I guess that only heavy fog might cause a game to be delayed/postponed but even then they might have to play.

The NFL is a huge organisation worth billions and billions of dollars and for a fixture not to be fulfilled would cause massive disruption to the entire set up.

Buffalo game was called off on Sunday wasn't it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

You don't have a very good memory then, because it literally happened on Sunday (yes, the one two days ago). Buffalo v Pittsburgh was moved from Sunday to Monday because of the weather.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t remember a game ever being postponed because of the weather..

Apart from the game on Sunday just gone 🤣🤣

Edit - ah, I see others have already schooled Robbored

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sheffield Wednesday was still the best all those years ago. Apparently they were bringing their usual big following which became impossible due to heavy snow. Those that made it to a absolute freezing old Park end section were told at half time that the M5 and M1 motorways were now shut.

On top of that one of our lot in the Park end home section only had a football shirt on.