IGNORED

Josh Stokes - Signed and Loaned Back

Harry

43 minutes ago, chowie said:

Well, The Real (yes real, he's so famous there maybe fakes) Bristol Boy confirmed it was done yesterday.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 11.08.40.png

Sorry and all that but it does not cut the mustard until Robbored has confirmed that it is officially on the official site.  We should all know this by now.

29 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It pains me to stick up for Ian Gay but Josh Stokes playing for Aldershot yesterday doesn’t have any bearing on if he has signed, or not. 

Do you think? Are you reporting we have an unannounced loan back deal and he is still registered with the FA as an Aldershot player?

Edited by REDOXO

32 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Do you think? Are you reporting we have an unannounced loan back deal and he is still registered with the FA as an Aldershot player?

It could be all done and dusted and we are just waiting to announce it or it’s all sorted bar the signing of the deal. Either way, him playing yesterday won’t have any bearing on if he will be a City player or not. 

35 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It's probably not announced as I guess he's not had the time to get to Bristol to do the photos etc and was prepping for this weekends game.

51 minutes ago, James54De said:

Registration wouldn’t change. 

Exactly! up to a point. Registration of loanees is monitored otherwise we would not have times that clubs can get them back and rules over how many clubs you can play for in a season.

Edited by REDOXO

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

59 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It could be all done and dusted and we are just waiting to announce it or it’s all sorted bar the signing of the deal. Either way, him playing yesterday won’t have any bearing on if he will be a City player or not. 

So you are not announcing the deal has been done. You are announcing it might be, but you don't know' but it's possible perhaps? 

I don't understand your second sentence.

However Him playing yesterday has no bearing on whether he will be anyone's player by the end of the window. We don't know do we. However we do know he wasn't here yesterday and played for Aldershot

It is highly unusual to have an unannounced loan back already in place as he would have had a medical and a fee agreed and unless we have a further secret agreement with Aldershot not to announce the sale it is highly (I can not emphasize this enough) unlikely that has happened! 

Or am I way off base. 

The scenario that the kid has multiple suitors and Aldershot are holding out for a better deal, as are the kids representatives, is the overwhelmingly likely circumstance. Hopefully WE can conclude the deal this week and see if we are loaning him back until the end of the season or not

Edited by REDOXO

34 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

So you are not announcing the deal has been done. You are announcing it might be, but you don't know' but it's possible perhaps? 

I don't understand your second sentence.

However Him playing yesterday has no bearing on whether he will be anyone's player by the end of the window. We don't know do we. However we do know he wasn't here yesterday and played for Aldershot

It is highly unusual to have an unannounced loan back already in place as he would have had a medical and a fee agreed and unless we have a further secret agreement with Aldershot not to announce the sale it is highly (I can not emphasize this enough) unlikely that has happened! 

Or am I way off base. 

The scenario that the kid has multiple suitors and Aldershot are holding out for a better deal, as are the kids representatives, is the overwhelmingly likely circumstance. Hopefully WE can conclude the deal this week and see if we are loaning him back until the end of the season or not

He had his medical on Friday and it's done.

It's our leakiest transfer in years; have lost count of the number of people that've messaged me saying it's done 😅

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's our leakiest transfer in years; have lost count of the number of people that've messaged me saying it's done 😅

I missed all the loan back chat. Is that happening?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Someone must’ve Stoked the pipe and the leak was too strong….

Argghhh that’s not that great,  but there’s a pun in there somewhere, definitely 

Edited by petehinton
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Or am I way off base. 

There could be a few reasons why it’s not been announced before but it does sound like the deal was done and dusted on Friday.