IGNORED

Josh Stokes - Signed and Loaned Back

Harry

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well…….another promising Conference player, one of several from the lower leagues most, if not all of whom failed to reach the quality required for the Championship.

Let’s hope this lad can make the step up……….:fingerscrossed:

Yes signing Alex Scott from Guernsey FC in the Isthmian league was terrible wasn't it? Or signing Antoine Semenyo from SGS's academy, he was a disaster. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Shotsfan23 said:

Aldershot fan here. Very sad that Josh has gone but happy for him, though if the fee really is £250k then that sounds a lot lower than we were expecting (like half).

Believe there's another £100k or so in it for you if he makes it at City.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and see you in the summer!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Yes signing Alex Scott from Guernsey FC in the Isthmian league was terrible wasn't it? Or signing Antoine Semenyo from SGS's academy, he was a disaster. 

Of course there have been the odd success but by enlarge signings from the lower leagues fail to flourish.

Btw - wasn’t Scott part of the academy as was Semenyo? - correct me if I’m wrong.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Well, now I want a Krauhaus too (never heard of him but once you start signing non-league wonderkids it's hard to stop)! At this price I think we should stock up on 5 or 6 of them just in case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pugofwar said:

Well, now I want a Krauhaus too (never heard of him but once you start signing non-league wonderkids it's hard to stop)! At this price I think we should stock up on 5 or 6 of them just in case.

Does a mean cover of Ziggy Stardust as well.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course there have been the odd success but by enlarge signings from the lower leagues fail to flourish.

Btw - wasn’t Scott part of the academy as was Semenyo? - correct me if I’m wrong.

They went via our academy but were signed into the academy in their late years after already playing men's football.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Doesn't he rate a roofey or HPC  vid ,then ?

11 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

Wouldn’t want to be up on the roof in this weather.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

To be fair I wouldn’t want to get on any roof in today’s weather 😂

Good. This roof nonsense is a load of bollox anyway. Can’t wait for them to quit doing it. 

Besides, he did these pics on Friday before the windy weather. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Pugofwar said:

Fisher (Norwich) was at Bromley last season too.  

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Doesn't he rate a roofey or HPC  vid ,then ?

Probably never left Aldershot!!!

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Never 100% sure that these sort of deals ever really work out for either party. Happy to be proven wrong.

This route may have saved a few thousand, but might it have been better to loan out to say a L2 side?

Accept of course that option may have been explored.

1 hour ago, Shotsfan23 said:

Aldershot fan here. Very sad that Josh has gone but happy for him, though if the fee really is £250k then that sounds a lot lower than we were expecting (like half).

He’s a great talent, makes and scores goals, strong and athletic for his age and I really think he has a good shot at playing at a really high level. It’s always tricky trying to keep things in perspective and remember that he’s only been playing in the national league, but he has the technical ability, work rate and physicality to play at the top, IMO. I can’t remember the last time a teenager made such an impact.

Good luck for the season.

Hello mate, thanks for the input. Hope he bangs in a few more for you before the season is out.

Random question: do you have a second team/prem team? My mate posited people who support 'smaller' teams (no disrespect intended) ALWAYS have a second team. I disagreed, saying every club has a core fan base of 'one club and one club only' type supporters. So you can help settle a debate for me if you don't mind!

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

This route may have saved a few thousand, but might it have been better to loan out to say a L2 side?

Accept of course that option may have been explored.

The rumour mill suggests that had we not loaned him back, our offer would’ve been no different than other clubs and we may not have got him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Think there’s a chance we see both Murphy and Stokes heavily involved in pre season maybe even see Murphy in the squad this season. Really excited by both though 

Let's hope that neither are hit by our seemingly endless injury jinx.