IGNORED

No new contract for King??

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It probably hasn’t occurred to you CR but a wife going public could be a double bluff - it’s not that difficult to understand…………:cool2:

Why? What for?

You come out with some weapons grade bollux at times......well most of the time actually.

Edited by CodeRed
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Well that’s a real bummer.  In my heart of hearts, I’d hoped LM would keep him around.  His exoerience, guidance of young players will be a big loss.

If this bums you out wait to you hear the news that - as it stands - they won’t be offering contracts to James or Williams 😬

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

Dave, what makes think this has anything to do with LM? 

He would have a say whether that be playing contract or coaching.  Not saying he’s the sole or driving decision maker, nor insinuating in any way LM is saying “I want all trace of Nige gone”.

But there is the intangible - as others have mentioned - PL / Promo experience, standards setter, father figure , etc, that I feel is worth keeping around.

Alleged to be a very lower earner…low wage, appearance based contract.

17 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If this bums you out wait to you hear the news that - as it stands - they won’t be offering contracts to James or Williams 😬

Yes, heard same rumours.  But I think there’s a process to go through first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He would have a say whether that be playing contract or coaching.  Not saying he’s the sole or driving decision maker, nor insinuating in any way LM is saying “I want all trace of Nige gone”.

But there is the intangible - as others have mentioned - PL / Promo experience, standards setter, father figure , etc, that I feel is worth keeping around.

Alleged to be a very lower earner…low wage, appearance based contract.

Yes, heard same rumours.  But I think there’s a process to go through first.

I’m not surprised at James. And if I’m honest - I’m not overly shocked about Williams. 

Will be interesting to see if anything changes though if Williams stays fit for the remainder of the season 

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

It probably hasn’t occurred to you CR but a wife going public could be a double bluff - it’s not that difficult to understand…………:cool2:

Hardly the master negotiator are you?

Andy : Guys I’d really like to stay

Club: Sorry Andy, we won’t be offering terms

Andy: What if I got my missus to say she’s sorry to be going?

Club: Well in that case have a contract

…sake…!

• Haha 18

9 hours ago, The Coach said:

It will be. However I feel the club (JL and BT) see King as part of the Pearson setup.

I think we all know they would like all traces of Pearson removed.

I think you’re right, and that’s so short-sighted of JL and BT IMO when you consider the experience King has and the huge role he plays in transitioning players from the academy to the first-team squad.

There’s a real irony for me here, too. We know SL follows the FCB model and for that to be a success, he needs players who have top-level experience and a desire to go into coaching. 

Here we are, with a City fan who’s got multiple international caps, a PL winners’ medal and glowing reviews from the likes of Scott and Conway, and the club is disposing of that to remove all traces of Pearson?

Sadly, I believe that, rather than King wanting to move. It’s pathetic and a real shame from a coaching perspective as I saw King as a potential manager of us in the future. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

I wouldn't be overly surprised if King told the club FIRST that he's ******* off. For his missus to go public like that it certainly looks that way to me.........and I don't blame him if he got his retaliation in first when you have complete and utter to$$pot$ in the hierarchy disrespecting him like they did. This is the same player that the new manager (brought in to give us a greater chance of success) is putting in his squad each game when he could be picking Academy players instead. Has anyone in our hierarchy had a word with Liam about that?

In terms of the wider picture replacing King, James and Williams with players who enable us to dominate possession and play Manning's way will not be easy and will certainly not be CHEAP. Untested at the level National League and League of Ireland goalscoring midfield "punts" may help but they certainly won't be the answer to start with, that's for sure. The way things seem to be heading, as long as we don't **** up our recruitment, I can see another mid table finish next season whilst the full transition from counter attacking to "possession based front foot" is undertaken then we might get somewhere.................that will certainly cause a few on here to lose their shit, the heat on Sid and Jon is only going to intensify (they only have themselves to blame) and there may even be undue, unnecessary and unhelpful pressure on Manning's job from fans who feel they were promised gold and were delivered scrap metal by those in charge.

If only the hierarchy could "Fast Backwards" and engage their brains before speaking.........

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Well that’s a real bummer.  In my heart of hearts, I’d hoped LM would keep him around.  His exoerience, guidance of young players will be a big loss.

Sums up what we are going to become under Tinnion and Manning. Nige built a culture and King, James, Weimann were key to that. Can see us being an under24 squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

As much as this forum would facepalm this - he would be a brilliant signing for Rovers.

Still way above average player in L1

Rovers would be mad to not ask the question IMO

I suspect he's more likely to come back to Leicestershire and go for a club nearby. You've got a few EFL teams like Peterborough, Derby and Cov if neither go up, maybe even Northampton or MK Dons. Dep nes how far he'd travel. There's a few clubs round here that he and his agent might look at.

He's a lovely bloke by all accounts but I don't think we'd miss him from either the playing or coaching side of things. Not saying he's bad at those things, but there's a limit to how many players and coaches a team needs.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

well, I would be sad to see him go. I think the transition into coaching here would be a no brainer. He's been there seen it and done it. He's a very intelligent player and can still play albeit in a limited capacity. He's great with the young players and is a fan.

• Like 3

I'm not surprised a 35 year old with such a poor appearance record isn't being offered a new contract, and the club should feel under no obligation to offer him a coaching position just because he may be well thought of in the game and a City fan.

He's done the job he was brought in for and it's the right time for a parting of the ways.

Correct decision imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swede said:

well, I would be sad to see him go. I think the transition into coaching here would be a no brainer. He's been there seen it and done it. He's a very intelligent player and can still play albeit in a limited capacity. He's great with the young players and is a fan.

I think the 'problem' in the room, is how much respect he has from the players here, that could undermine Manning and his sidekick. 

Under an older head like Nige...not a problem. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

Agreed.  There’s a risk here if the club loses  too many senior players in a short space of time that the culture and morale etc shifts quickly and unpredictably.  I always felt LJ and Ashton made a mistake doing this (Pack, Fielding & Wright one year, Smith, O’Neil, Flint the year before).  

10 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

What are his coaching credentials??

Doing his badges, 2 years part-time coaching here at City, mentoring, used as a voice in the dressing room, used as a sounding board by LM (of course maybe he’s just paying lip-service to it).  Plus of course all that experience that nobody else in the club has.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

What are his coaching credentials??

I don’t know where he is paper qualification wise , but (And not a dig at LM) but

he has at the very least experience,  and any knowledge that brings,   that no one (Other than MJ who missed the Premier League winning season through injury) currently at the club does.

He is the only player to have won all three top divs with one club since the Premier League inception.

If he wants to continue his playing career , fair enough , and very best of luck to him

If it’s a case of he’s no longer part of any plans going forward , as a City Fan , a tremendous pro , with the vast experience and knowledge he’s attained,  I find it somewhat sad that we don’t think we can benefit from that and have him within our set up now , or if he wants to continue playing right now, when he finishes his career.

As in all aspects of life , paper qualifications prove that you have the ‘qualification’ to do the job

Not having that paper qualification, or still working towards it certainly is zero indication that you can’t do that job and do it well

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Agreed.  There’s a risk here if the club loses  too many senior players in a short space of time that the culture and morale etc shifts quickly and unpredictably.  I always felt LJ and Ashton made a mistake doing this (Pack, Fielding & Wright one year, Smith, O’Neil, Flint the year before).  

Top post 

My concern somewhat right now

The rumours about James not being retained , King , Andi gone

Some of our strong positive  areas in the last few years , the very good pros and leaders , by example , in the dressing room to help and guide the younger , that mix , appears to be breaking up quite quickly

It was something I really liked in the way NP shaped his squad with the restrictions he had

I remain of the belief that our recruitment and squad build / rebuild 🙄 in the next 12-18 months will very much shape our future and success or failure , even more so that any coaching by a Manning & Hogg

It will be interesting if Manning / Tinnion replace the wiser older heads or believe that they don’t require such in the dressing room

My gut feeling is that they won’t be recruiting experience , which IMHO is a big risk

• Like 9

I can't be alone in not being that bothered. I understand concerns about losing the experience in the background, Potentially a good coach ect.

We have no idea how good his coaching is or will be. I'm sure he's a great personality with a wealth of experience but who knows if that's worth a wage? We have players who have a wealth of experience already. Vyner has been through all types of adversity at 26. Pring the same. Naismith is an older head. Rob Dickie. Even Knight at his young age has accumulated 200 plus games in Lg1/Championship.

I don't think you need to win a Premier League or be an older statesman in the side to contribute to the dressing room or help out the younger players. Time will tell but as he's on a playing wage currently I'm not too bothered and won't read into what we might lose behind the scenes.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I can't be alone in not being that bothered. I understand concerns about losing the experience in the background, Potentially a good coach ect.

We have no idea how good his coaching is or will be. I'm sure he's a great personality with a wealth of experience but who knows if that's worth a wage? We have players who have a wealth of experience already. Vyner has been through all types of adversity at 26. Pring the same. Naismith is an older head. Rob Dickie. Even Knight at his young age has accumulated 200 plus games in Lg1/Championship.

I don't think you need to win a Premier League or be an older statesman in the side to contribute to the dressing room or help out the younger players. Time will tell but as he's on a playing wage currently I'm not too bothered and won't read into what we might lose behind the scenes.

None of whom have any experience of getting to , close to , or playing in Premier League , or what is required to get there , let alone winning it 

You don’t appear to value what that brings 

Correct - You don’t need to be a Premier League Winner or ‘older statesman’ , but it certainly brings credibility and experience that others simply can’t provide

• Like 4