IGNORED

No new contract for King??

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

None of whom have any experience of getting to , close to , or playing in Premier League , or what is required to get there , let alone winning it 

You don’t appear to value what that brings 

Correct - You don’t need to be a Premier League Winner or ‘older statesman’ , but it certainly brings credibility and experience that others simply can’t provide

Is it really that simple? You have to have done it before to bring credibility and experience that only through having done it they can provide.. I'm not sure that's the case. If so Mourinho, Wenger ect would have never have done what they did based on their playing experience.

If so Rooney/Lampard didn't convey through their playing experience and credibility enough surely? I don't think it's that straight forward clearly.

Edited by RedRoss

5 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

So does Paul Ince what I meant was track record.

Track record ? 🤣

Hes a player moving into coaching ,........ been a bit busy playing and winning the a Premier League 

Theres far more ingredients to a good coach , certainly a head coach , than years of experience putting on sessions / mini sessions , in academies , age groups etc

18 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

My gut feeling is that they won’t be recruiting experience , which IMHO is a big risk

Obviously we need to wait and see before forming an opinion BUT if they do as you suggest then I don't see it as a big risk......more like completely ******* mental. If it's a case of Liam wanting "his own" experienced players then that's totally acceptable, none at all will not end well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Is it really that simple? You have to have done it before to bring credibility and experience that only through having done it they can provide.. I'm not sure that's the case. If so Mourinho, Wenger ect would have never have done what they did based on their playing experience.

If so Rooney/Lampard didn't convey through their playing experience and credibility enough surely? I don't think it's that straight forward clearly.

Firstly , no you don’t have to have that playing experience / credibility , but it certainly isn’t a negative to have that experience and experience you can’t acquire on a course

We can all find examples of outliers in any direction we wish to prove a point but if you can’t see , for us he potentially brings knowledge and experience we don’t have in the building I’m surprised.

Secondly , you are talking about Head Coaches managers in your examples -

Head Coach / Manager - another additional skill set required 

We are not talking about appointing him as a head coach at this point in his career but utilising his professionalism , knowledge and experience within a set up

• Like 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Firstly , no you don’t have to have that playing experience / credibility , but it certainly isn’t a negative to have that experience and experience you can’t acquire on a course

We can all find examples of outliers in any direction we wish to prove a point but if you can’t see , for us he potentially brings knowledge and experience we don’t have in the building I’m surprised.

Secondly , you are talking about Head Coaches managers in your examples -

Head Coach / Manager - another additional skill set required 

We are not talking about appointing him as a head coach at this point in his career but utilising his professionalism , knowledge and experience within a set up

I can see the logic of course. I'm using head coaches because there will be examples of good coaches without the playing credentials you require. The principle is the same. I'm making more of a point that having football accomplishments doesn't make you a good coach by default.

Just seems fans are worried about losing someone who is currently a player, who could be a good coach. I'm not that worried about if, buts and maybes.

17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So essentially you're just against giving people with no or limited experience to date an opportunity?

No I’m asking what he has done to warrant a new contract 

22 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

What are Tinnion's CEO credentials? Management credentials?.....Spelling credentials even 😀?

I didn’t realise he was ceo I’m not sure what his specific job title is

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Top post 

My concern somewhat right now

The rumours about James not being retained , King , Andi gone

Some of our strong positive  areas in the last few years , the very good pros and leaders , by example , in the dressing room to help and guide the younger , that mix , appears to be breaking up quite quickly

It was something I really liked in the way NP shaped his squad with the restrictions he had

I remain of the belief that our recruitment and squad build / rebuild 🙄 in the next 12-18 months will very much shape our future and success or failure , even more so that any coaching by a Manning & Hogg

It will be interesting if Manning / Tinnion replace the wiser older heads or believe that they don’t require such in the dressing room

My gut feeling is that they won’t be recruiting experience , which IMHO is a big risk

As someone famous once said, you won't win anything with kids 

34 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

No I’m asking what he has done to warrant a new contract 

So what would warrant a coaching contract in your eyes?

When someone suggested a coaching contract, you asked for his coaching credentials. Then dismissed his badges for a lack of "track record". Then say you're not against people starting out in their coaching career getting an opportunity.

It sounds like a concoction of requirements that would stop anyone starting a coaching career and stop anyone building a track record (which you seem to see as an essential requirement). 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

55 minutes ago, TommyD68 said:

I expected King to retire at the end of the season and immediately take up a coaching role with us, shame if that isn’t the case will be sad to see him go. 

That was my hope too.

Its of course totally possible this is all on King, ie he wants to continue playing.

Just now, Davefevs said:

That was my hope too.

Its of course totally possible this is all on King, ie he wants to continue playing.

Plus he may not be interested in working for a hierarchy that questioned his selection in the side. He will know exactly who said what and when.

The other point to mention at a more basic level is that football is very insular and Andy King isn't a "Liam Manning Man". I'm amazed at professional level how many different clubs staff are full of the manager's "mates" who follow them about from place to place - no different from Step 9/10 kickabout football tbh........Barton was a prime example.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

OTIB at its finest 🤣  When considering the likes of Tinnion and Jon Lansdown (and even Scott Murray FFS 🤪) the pitchfork-wielding mob cry "jobs for the boys!"  But fast forward to King and suddenly they shout "continuity!"  Obviously nothing to do with King's connections with a certain ex manager?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Plus he may not be interested in working for a hierarchy that questioned his selection in the side. He will know exactly who said what and when.

The other point to mention at a more basic level is that football is very insular and Andy King isn't a "Liam Manning Man". I'm amazed at professional level how many different clubs staff are full of the manager's "mates" who follow them about from place to place - no different from Step 9/10 kickabout football tbh........Barton was a prime example.

Insular, nepotism- assist mates in the market- happens all over the place.

Lots out of examples out there..my favourite example was 2 years ago Reading breached FFP, under severe restrictions- restricted no to transfer fees, no loan fees and an average of £8.5k per week per player loaning Rahman and Drinkwater for at most £17k per week wages, no transfer or loan fees.

Their combined wages were £170k per week! 😱😠

90% minimum, suggested by Kieran Maguire 100% discount on Drinkwater at least. No loan fee, no transfer fee.

How did they get it? Owner- Dai Yongge- friends with/advised by Kia Joorabchian- friends with Marina Granovskaia.

Wolves and Stoke seem to do a fair bit of loan business.

Wolves loan manager, Steve Davis used to play for..Stoke.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, red panda said:

OTIB at its finest 🤣  When considering the likes of Tinnion and Jon Lansdown (and even Scott Murray FFS 🤪) the pitchfork-wielding mob cry "jobs for the boys!"  But fast forward to King and suddenly they shout "continuity!"  Obviously nothing to do with King's connections with a certain ex manager?

You missed the excellent playing career , winning L1 , The Championship and the Premier League......

The International Caps .......

The comments from some of the younger players over the last couple of seasons as to how much of a help....

Missed all those things ....did you.....

As always , jumping early on even the slightest bit of debate or (perceived) criticism of the club or the hierarchy

As for my assessment of King - I couldn’t care less whether Johnson , Holden , Pearson  or Manning had brought Andy King into the club - it’s about what Andy King brings

So predictable and narrow

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, red panda said:

I doubt it very much.

1. Hes not been here long enough to considered part of the furniture.

2. He appears ably qualified for a role some were suggesting for him, unlike Tinnion and Lansdown.

I assume Scott Murray does a good job as I very much doubt the certain ex manager you refer to would have accepted anything less.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You missed the excellent playing career , winning L1 , The Championship and the Premier League......

The International Caps .......

The comments from some of the younger players over the last couple of seasons as to how much of a help....

Missed all those things ....did you.....

As always , jumping early on even the slightest bit of debate or (perceived) criticism of the club or the hierarchy

As for my assessment of King - I couldn’t care less whether Johnson , Holden , Pearson  or Manning had brought Andy King into the club - it’s about what Andy King brings

So predictable and narrow

Aren't you criticising the lack of contract for King a little bit too early too. You don't have the benefit at a distance (same as me) what Andy King would be like as a coach.

Surely, if he was going to get a new contract this was on the basis of being a coach going forward. As a coach none of us know his capabilities so in that respect how can this be regarded as a negative?

There are plenty of promotion winning ex players out there, that doesn't make them excellent coaches.

11 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Agreed.  There’s a risk here if the club loses  too many senior players in a short space of time that the culture and morale etc shifts quickly and unpredictably.  I always felt LJ and Ashton made a mistake doing this (Pack, Fielding & Wright one year, Smith, O’Neil, Flint the year before).  

It's okay... we don't repeat mistakes. 🙄😠

Btw, I like your username... apart from the last word.

• Haha 3