IGNORED

Best we've played in years

I couldn't make it tonight so watched it on TV. I thought we handled the ball really well and were in control for large spells.

I am encouraged by what Manning is trying to do. It will take a bit of time and a few of his own signings, but i think the signs are positive.

Special shout outs for all of the back 5 and Mehmeti (first half), who i thought looked a threat.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

McCrorie - wow. What a player we have and considering how long he's been out as well, how natural he's fitted in. The guy is fantastic and will only get better.

Totally agree, he is going to be awesome for us

46 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Well played, every man jack of you. Proud of the lot of you tonight, coaches included. Completely dominant, modern and progressive. Front foot football !

I get the sentiment - but we didn’t have a shot on target 

Bit OTT I say 

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

McCrorie - wow. What a player we have and considering how long he's been out as well, how natural he's fitted in. The guy is fantastic and will only get better.

I think we lost something for a short spell when he went off and tanner was left exposed for a short while. The same when mehmeti went off. He and Pring are really starting to develop an understanding and then Cornick came on and for me Pring had too much defensive responsibility as cornick’s instinct is to play more narrow. Pring being as good as he is was able to compensate for a bit less support 

• Like 2

Just now, 38MC said:

I think we lost something for a short spell when he went off and tanner was left exposed for a short while. The same when mehmeti went off. He and Pring are really starting to develop an understanding and then Cornick came on and for me Pring had too much defensive responsibility as cornick’s instinct is to play more narrow. Pring being as good as he is was able to compensate for a bit less support 

I can only asume he's still being brought back carefully after such a long spell out. Good management.  Good point about Tanner. I think he plays with more confidence with McCrorie. 

Played some really nice football, dominated large parts of the game.

But we are very predictable in the final third, would love to see us pop some one two’s centrally on the edge of the box, but we 100% go wide and look to cross. Opposition teams know this, and defend accordingly. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Well played, every man jack of you. Proud of the lot of you tonight, coaches included. Completely dominant, modern and progressive. Front foot football !

There’s was lots to like but it’s not even the best we’ve played this season.

We appear to be heading in the right direction (we were anyway pre Manning imo albeit slowly). We controlled large chunks of that game except the 20 minutes after half time when Gibbs White (he’s a player imo) made a difference. We have one obvious issue to address and that’s goals.

If you can control large parts of games AND SCORE then you can start looking at top ends of leagues. Still plenty of work to be done but aside from not scoring it’s hard to fault that tonight unless you’re a miserable bastard tbh.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Tommy is ploughing a lone farrow up front and desperately needs someone around him. For all our good play tonight we are short of quality in the final third.

Been saying that for ages - City need a powerful CF to bully defenders and hold the ball up. Someone like Diedhiou was.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Bit OTT I say 

We put in a 90 minute performance, dominated a Premier League team with better players, played front foot! possession football in modern, progressive patterns that had the opposition chasing shadows and when we didn't have the ball, barely gave them a look in. Only thing missing, a cutting edge.

But you're not getting much more out of any of those players, virtually 9 or 10 out of 10 all of them.

So back to the league and we need that again from all of them plus Twine to create mayhem or a spending spree next week.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Bit OTT I say 

I think I agree.

It’s odd because I’m usually very rose tinted and I just feel a bit flat after that, I said it at HT maybe WH game raised my expectations a little too much.

We’ve had lots of good spells tonight without really troubling their goal, or their dodgy keeper.

Happy to accept I’m probably wrong or in the minority here - but Liam saying the players are disappointed they haven’t won, is probably where I’m at with it.

• Like 1

We played much better at the London stadium less than three weeks ago against a proper PL level club. We created some great chances and scored a wonderful goal.

Forest looked like a yo yo level team, no better than the parachute teams in this division and a home draw is only about par I would say 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We played much better at the London stadium less than three weeks ago against a proper PL level club. We created some great chances and scored a wonderful goal.

Forest looked like a yo yo level team, no better than the parachute teams in this division and a home draw is only about par I would say 

Yeah but Forest were better at AG tonight than West Ham were.

• Like 4

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I didn’t look at it like that tbh. For me tonight is the first game I’ve seen at the Gate where we had a real identity. Yes we need to add quality and goals, that’s obvious, but if we start controlling large parts of games like we did tonight then I can see progress.

I’ve seen us win tens of games over the last 4-5 years when we’ve barely been in control for 15 minutes of the 90. So I’ll take that tonight IF that’s the style and general performance level going forward.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

It was almost end to end stuff. Almost because both teams were pretty average in their respective final thirds.

I’m very happy with the performance but we definitely didn’t dominate them. As mentioned on here by others, no shots on target meant it wasn’t that exciting. 0-0 was fair.

We’re one CF and one creative midfielder away from it clicking IMO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1