IGNORED

Cam Pring

Robbored

Walking back to the car last night I had a brief chat with a couple of Forest fans. They asked who our number 3 was and said they thought he was the best player on the pitch. They also thought that they were fortunate not lose and said if City play as well in the replay then we’ll beat them.

Nice comments to hear from opposition fans.

• Like 7

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Was average for the first half of the first half of the season but has really improved in the last 6 weeks.  I don’t think he will leave this window and I’m not overly convinced he will leave next window either. 

I know what you mean, but I do think that's a little unfair . I think it's because he set fairly high standards last year that he hadn't reached until recently. The last few games he's exceeded those .
I'd be surprised if bottom half Prem sides aren't watching him closely.

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Was average for the first half of the first half of the season but has really improved in the last 6 weeks.  I don’t think he will leave this window and I’m not overly convinced he will leave next window either. 

The guy behind me in the Lansdown reckons that Pring will go in the last few hours of the window for £7m. Hopefully he’s talking bollocks but it’s worrying that he’s been right before on players leaving City.

Apparently other ‘bigger’ clubs including West Han are taking a keen interest in him.

Cam Pring was not even a bit part player until Pearson got here. He was always on loan and really couldn’t do much more than sixty minutes. One of the first things Pearson said was Cam didn’t really feel part of our squad. 

The rest is history. Well it is for the non goldfish. 

• Like 6

Just now, Robbored said:

The guy behind me in the Lansdown reckons that Pring will go in the last few hours of the window for £7m. Hopefully he’s talking bollocks but it’s worrying that he’s been right before on players leaving City.

Apparently other ‘bigger’ clubs including West Han are taking a keen interest in him.

With 2.5 years left on his contract this would be disappointing.  Should be looking to keep him until the summer at least and then renewing again.  I can’t see Pring or Conway going this month 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Disagree with this. There have been runs of games where he hasn’t been brilliant although I don’t think he’s ever really been poor in that time.  

Every player will have spells of having below par performances, but in the main Pring has been very good for a long time at City and almost every week is in contention to be the MOTM. 

I just don't agree it's all down to Manning, at all.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I like LM but Pring’s improvement under him could easily be coincidence.  Pring under Pearson last season was excellent as well. 

Yeah, I agree that’s Prings development could be down to him gaining experience but not in isolation. Mannings’ coaching influence is sure to be another factor.

Just now, 2015 said:

Every player will have spells of having below par performances, but in the main Pring has been very good for a long time at City and almost every week is in contention to be the MOTM. 

I just don't agree it's all down to Manning, at all.

It’s obviously not all down to Manning.  Every player will have spells of below par performances which is why i disagreed he’s been brilliant for 18 months. Guessing that was hyperbole 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, I agree that’s Prings development could be down to him gaining experience but not in isolation. Mannings’ coaching influence is sure to be another factor.

Absolutely nothing is sure or definite here. He had a poorer spell before so was due a better spell as he is better than he was showing. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s obviously not all down to Manning.  Every player will have spells of below par performances which is why i disagreed he’s been brilliant for 18 months. Guessing that was hyperbole 

He did the same last season. Had a slower start to the season and by Dec/Jan he started hitting top form. My personal opinion is that he hss been brilliant for quite a while at City.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Isn’t this speculation?

Not seen this reported anywhere on the OS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The guy behind me in the Lansdown reckons that Pring will go in the last few hours of the window for £7m. Hopefully he’s talking bollocks but it’s worrying that he’s been right before on players leaving City

Do you sit just in front of the Director's box ?

• Haha 7

Agree with comments above that Pring wasn’t playing as well earlier in the season and he said the same in his post match interview - that he is only now back to his form of last season. Needs to work on his crossing though; room for improvement there (as Manning said in the week). 

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Walking back to the car last night I had a brief chat with a couple of Forest fans. They asked who our number 3 was and said they thought he was the best player on the pitch. They also thought that they were fortunate not lose and said if City play as well in the replay then we’ll beat them.

Nice comments to hear from opposition fans.

Just in case Forest are interested in signing him, I hope you told them his name was “Haydon Roberts”.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Cam Pring was not even a bit part player until Pearson got here. He was always on loan and really couldn’t do much more than sixty minutes. One of the first things Pearson said was Cam didn’t really feel part of our squad. 

The rest is history. Well it is for the non goldfish. 

And then for some strange reason Pearson shoved Bell on the left which negated Prings attacking strengths!!!! 

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Really? How so?

Because he closed all the space that Pring likes to bomb down into. Which is why in my view Pring wasn’t at his best first half of season. Not surprise a wide player cutting in and Pring having space has seen him at his best!

• Like 1