IGNORED

Cam Pring

Robbored

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Cam Pring was not even a bit part player until Pearson got here. He was always on loan and really couldn’t do much more than sixty minutes. One of the first things Pearson said was Cam didn’t really feel part of our squad. 

The rest is history. Well it is for the non goldfish. 

Funny how we see things differently.  I thought for a long time Pring didn’t get a fair crack of the whip under Pearson.  He used him sporadically annd appeared to preferred to only play him when he had to despite Pring when he did play more than justified his selection.  Those around me all held the same view that it seemed Pring was a first choice but Pearson saw it differently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We were a better attacking outfit under Pearson. Imagine if he was allowed to sign players on Twine wages. 

Not at the same stage of his reign as manning we wasn’t some good spells and lots of bad ones but I’m not going to have a Pearson b manning debate 

3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Funny how we see things differently.  I thought for a long time Pring didn’t get a fair crack of the whip under Pearson.  He used him sporadically annd appeared to preferred to only play him when he had to despite Pring when he did play more than justified his selection.  Those around me all held the same view that it seemed Pring was a first choice but Pearson saw it differently.

Really? Didn't Pearson give him a fair crack from 2021/22 season?

He had to bed him in slowly as he was inexperienced at Championship level Football, it was smart management imo.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Not at the same stage of his reign as manning we wasn’t some good spells and lots of bad ones but I’m not going to have a Pearson b manning debate 

I mean...that's because Manning took on a functional football team whereas Pearson took on an abstract interpretation of the concept of a football team.

So yeh, Manning's performance at the equivalent stage of his "reign" should be better.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Pring was nowhere near fit enough to start with & had to build up his levels. When Pearson started playing him he was spent after a hour. It took a long time for him to build up the stamina we see today. Similar is happening now with mcrorie. Lots go on behind the scenes that fans are not privy to. There’s a reason they make the choices they do that we don’t know about. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Pring was nowhere near fit enough to start with & had to build up his levels. When Pearson started playing him he was spent after a hour. It took a long time for him to build up the stamina we see today. Similar is happening now with mcrorie. Lots go on behind the scenes that fans are not privy to. There’s a reason they make the choices they do that we don’t know about. 

I noticed on Mcororie’s first start, there were times you could almost see him consciously playing within his limits. Not making forward runs etc, each game his levels improve, but he’s still not up to full speed yet. Once he does I think he’ll be one hell of a player, such a shame he has been out for so long. 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Pearson threw him under the bus a few times 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 3

2 hours ago, real_bristol said:

Improved under Liam you mean. It’s ok to say it.

Well, not even Liam Manning is putting it down to Liam Manning.  Worth watch this week’s interviews.  He was asked about Cam’s upturn in form (subjective opinion).  His reply?  “Nah, we’ve left him alone pretty much”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Really? Didn't Pearson give him a fair crack from 2021/22 season?

He had to bed him in slowly as he was inexperienced at Championship level Football, it was smart management imo.

He did bed him in well, then he took him out.  At the start of last season, Cam had to force his way back in.

But he was excellent second half of last season.  He’s been fine this season, once the opening couple of games got out the way…although he had a mare at QPR.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

I noticed on Mcororie’s first start, there were times you could almost see him consciously playing within his limits. Not making forward runs etc, each game his levels improve, but he’s still not up to full speed yet. Once he does I think he’ll be one hell of a player, such a shame he has been out for so long. 

Which for a guy who was out for 6 months is totally understandable.

Manning has managed him well & hopefully before too long now he’ll be able to finish the full 90 & we’ll have Sykes available too.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Well, not even Liam Manning is putting it down to Liam Manning.  Worth watch this week’s interviews.  He was asked about Cam’s upturn in form (subjective opinion).  His reply?  “Nah, we’ve left him alone pretty much”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think a lot of times the manager impact might be minimal just players naturally getting better as they play more. So someone like Scott how much was his improvement down to Pearson or him naturally improving same with Williams under manning, obviously the top managers make players better like pep and klopp not so sure about this level but who knows.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some should keep in mind amidst all this waffle that he and Anis made a World Cup winner look pretty poor at times last night. Clearly, both have something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

LJ always had him on loan that is a fact. Was he a regular under Holden? The biggest issue with Pring is he used to only have 60 in him. He was always blowing so something changed. As I said Pearson’s thoughts on Pring feeling he was not a part of the squad were among his very early statements. 

The boy is what now 26ish? The fact he really didn’t do much for us pre Pearson says it all really. Another player who may well make us a shit load of money. How many ‘league one player at best’ statements were made here I lost count of. 

Pre Pearson no one had heard of Scot and there was a 60 page thread on here about how  Semenyo was not a striker because they score goals! 

You shrug your shoulders sometimes on how short memories are 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

LJ always had him on loan that is a fact. Was he a regular under Holden? The biggest issue with Pring is he used to only have 60 in him. He was always blowing so something changed. As I said Pearson’s thoughts on Pring feeling he was not a part of the squad were among his very early statements. 

The boy is what now 26ish? The fact he really didn’t do much for us pre Pearson says it all really. Another player who may well make us a shit load of money. How many ‘league one player at best’ statements were made here I lost count of. 

Pre Pearson no one had heard of Scot and there was a 60 page thread on here about how  Semenyo was not a striker because they score goals! 

You shrug your shoulders sometimes on how short memories are 

Holden / Tinnion loaned him to Portsmouth, recalled him in January, only to get injured in his first training session or two back.  Out for the rest of the season iirc.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

And then for some strange reason Pearson shoved Bell on the left which negated Prings attacking strengths!!!! 

Because Prings engine was not up to 90 of getting up and down for that length of time. The fitness people worked hard on that. Also we had limited money to change things given to Pearson so he had to go with the what he had in the best way to suit what he had. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Holden / Tinnion loaned him to Portsmouth, recalled him in January, only to get injured in his first training session or two back.  Out for the rest of the season iirc.

Exactly Dave. Can Pring was not really a part of anything at AG until Pearson. The revisionism is so tiresome!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Because Prings engine was not up to 90 of getting up and down for that length of time. The fitness people worked hard on that. Also we had limited money to change things given to Pearson so he had to go with the what he had in the best way to suit what he had. 

Oh ok so he played bell on the left because Pring wasn’t fit, a masterclass a bit like dropping Sykes first game of the season and playing Cornick on the right, who according to Pearson was signed as a “wide forward”!!! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChrisJ said:

Oh ok so he played bell on the left because Pring wasn’t fit, a masterclass a bit like dropping Sykes first game of the season and playing Cornick on the right, who according to Pearson was signed as a “wide forward”!!! 

How many games had Bell played pre Pearson. Who signed Sykes? 

We had what we had available with the spend he was given. Not the case so much now.

Players are picked to compete with what’s in front of them, however I guess the guy who built a squad that included Vardy and Mahrez, that no one had heard of, that went on to win the Premier League is a bit of a dolt!

Perhaps you are right hadn’t a clue 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Yawn, another post of the sane diatribe! eff me!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

How many games had Bell played pre Pearson. Who signed Sykes? 

We had what we had available with the spend he was given. Not the case so much now.

Players are picked to compete with what’s in front of them, however I guess the guy who built a squad that included Vardy and Mahrez, that no one had heard of, that went on to win the Premier League is a bit of a dolt!

Perhaps you are right hadn’t a clue 

**** me glory glory Leicester city nearly 15 years ago what has that got to do with bcfc. We lose a game yea but mahrez or we win a game he signed vardy it’s irrelevant it’s about bcfc!!!

• Haha 3

To bring the thread back to Cam Pring, the reality is that he is now one of our fittest and strongest players. Few attackers get past him and the fact that he was up with Cornick on that break at the end is witness to that. He really has stepped it up in the past 18 months and there are arguments to be made for him being the best left back in the Championship. So hardly surprising if Premier League clubs are eyeing him as a potential recruit. But with 2.5 years on his contract we should really be looking to hold onto him at least until the end of next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

To bring the thread back to Cam Pring, the reality is that he is now one of our fittest and strongest players. Few attackers get past him and the fact that he was up with Cornick on that break at the end is witness to that. He really has stepped it up in the past 18 months and there are arguments to be made for him being the best left back in the Championship. So hardly surprising if Premier League clubs are eyeing him as a potential recruit. But with 2.5 years on his contract we should really be looking to hold onto him at least until the end of next season.

Would suit Ange at Spurs.

Yes, this from a guy who suffers from nose-bleeds so has breathing issues at times.

There's certainly absolutely no way on earth we'd be able to buy a LB/LWB of his ability and resale potential. 

If/when he leaves we'll book a handsome +ve number on our accounts, but we'll lose an excellent player in his prime. 

I like him a lot and don't really see how he can be one of the players anyone sees particular issue with right now.

• Like 1