IGNORED

Cam Pring

Robbored

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

I think a lot of times the manager impact might be minimal just players naturally getting better as they play more. So someone like Scott how much was his improvement down to Pearson or him naturally improving same with Williams under manning, obviously the top managers make players better like pep and klopp not so sure about this level but who knows.

So having your claim on Pring put into context

Youve now resorted to suggesting Pearson didn’t have much to do with Scott

At learnt you are consistent ...... in your take / push .....on everything manager wise 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Well, not even Liam Manning is putting it down to Liam Manning.  Worth watch this week’s interviews.  He was asked about Cam’s upturn in form (subjective opinion).  His reply?  “Nah, we’ve left him alone pretty much”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Interesting, I did not hear that Fevs thanks for sharing. Sounds modest of him. LM can take the credit for “leaving him alone” then, and increasing his value IMO. I was just being flippant anyway. The raw talent was there, we could all see it. If I’m being honest if he was thrown up against two prem teams under Nige I’m sure he would have done equally as well.

Edited by real_bristol

11 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

So having your claim on Pring put into context

Youve now resorted to suggesting Pearson didn’t have much to do with Scott

At learnt you are consistent ...... in your take / push .....on everything manager wise 

Not saying that at all Pearson might have been the difference maker he may be 100% responsible I have no idea, what I was questioning was whether coaches at this level have a big impact on development or whether it is natural progression whether that is Pearson manning Wagner Sheff Wed manager whoever.

3 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Interesting, I did not hear that Fevs thanks for sharing. Sounds modest of him. LM can take the credit for “leaving him alone” then, and increasing his value IMO. I was just being flippant anyway. The raw talent was there, we could all see it. If I’m being honest if he was thrown up against two prem teams under Nige I’m sure he would have done equally as well.

Yes, modest indeed.  I like most of what Manning says.  I think he’s fine.

54 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Not saying that at all Pearson might have been the difference maker he may be 100% responsible I have no idea, what I was questioning was whether coaches at this level have a big impact on development or whether it is natural progression whether that is Pearson manning Wagner Sheff Wed manager whoever.

In that case why have coaches at all if they have little impact?

In any event it's not just about technical coaching. Before Nigel came in Cam was an outcast. He said himself that he didn't feel part of the club.

Nigel brought him back into the fold, showed faith in him and in due course he replaced JD with him. Giving a player opportunities and confidence counts for a lot.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Oh ok so he played bell on the left because Pring wasn’t fit, a masterclass a bit like dropping Sykes first game of the season and playing Cornick on the right, who according to Pearson was signed as a “wide forward”!!! 

You appear to be contradicting your assertion that the thread shouldnt be about previous v current manager.

Most odd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

You appear to be contradicting your assertion that the thread shouldnt be about previous v current manager.

Most odd.

All I would say is if the bloke wasn’t quoted I wouldn’t end up seeing his nonsense anymore.  Just FYI!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Walking back to the car last night I had a brief chat with a couple of Forest fans. They asked who our number 3 was and said they thought he was the best player on the pitch. They also thought that they were fortunate not lose and said if City play as well in the replay then we’ll beat them.

Nice comments to hear from opposition fans.

Did they say we were the bestest fans and the most loudest only just behind their real favourites the Saggy Roverzzz?

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Walking back to the car last night I had a brief chat with a couple of Forest fans. They asked who our number 3 was and said they thought he was the best player on the pitch. They also thought that they were fortunate not lose and said if City play as well in the replay then we’ll beat them.

Nice comments to hear from opposition fans.

I think if we can go there and perform as we did last night and frustrate them then the home crowd will get restless and that can play into our hands. 

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think if we can go there and perform as we did last night and frustrate them then the home crowd will get restless and that can play into our hands. 

We still need to find a way to score though.. Imagine if it goes to penalties and it easily could. Tommy won’t be on the pitch after extra time, nor will Jamo, Ross McCrorie and unlikely Joe too, so who’ll take them?

My guess;

1. Nahki, 2 Sam, 3 Knightey, 4 Zac, 5 Harry .. 🫣

Has Max ever saved a penalty for us?

14 minutes ago, FNQ said:

We still need to find a way to score though.. Imagine if it goes to penalties and it easily could. Tommy won’t be on the pitch after extra time, nor will Jamo, Ross McCrorie and unlikely Joe too, so who’ll take them?

My guess;

2- Millwall away in 2019 & Stoke home (Benik Afobe took it) in 2022.

I’ll be amazed if the game lasts 120 minutes though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FNQ said:

My guess;

Didn’t Max save a pen at Villa?

Just now, Andy082005 said:

They will be far too strong for us at home. Fancy us to make a fist of it, but think we will lose 3-1

My thoughts too.

Players back from AFCON, no Pring or TGH (though Williams returning certainly doesn’t weaken us there), think Friday was our best chance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

They will be far too strong for us at home. Fancy us to make a fist of it, but think we will lose 3-1

I’m not so sure about that Andy. Having seen what City are about they’ll be apprehensive about playing us again. Add to that the fact PL survival has to be their priority and consequently the FA cup will be far less important.

I can see us nicking a win at the City ground.

On 27/01/2024 at 09:17, And Its Smith said:

I like LM but Pring’s improvement under him could easily be coincidence.  Pring under Pearson last season was excellent as well. 

Spot on. He's often been an underrated player here. The bread-and-butter things he does in defence attract less attention than the spectacular runs and crosses.

I think the difference is now he's getting more good reviews, but he's always been tidy in my book. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Well everyone thought that about West Ham. Top 6 in the premier league etc. 

Forest are not West Ham. They are shite and likely to get relegated. We've got a decent chance.