IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry but O’Leary is too accident prone.  We have needed a goalie for more than a season now. Good goal from Wells but still think he is finished at this level.  So back to start of transfer window when many of us wanted a play maker, which we now have in Twine, altho on loan and injured, another goalie, and a striker.

Still missing two signings in my opinion

How can anyone seriously say that about Wells after tonight?

Horseshit about Max, as well.

• Like 18
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Wish I'd managed to watch on a Cov stream. I'm fed up with hearing from Robins TV that we are basically prime Real Madrid (with our only handicap being competition winner Mehmeti) whilst Manning is the next Pep.

First half they (Cov) had constant audio issues and were switching back and forth between 2 different set ups with wildly different audio levels while also praising us.

4 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I thought we looked knackered. Going to be a tough set of games coming up.

Max had a bad night but all the fans slagging him off have very short memories.

No we don’t - some of us have been saying for a long time we need better than him to progress. He makes too many mistakes to be a top end championship keeper. He makes a few good saves but I’d argue they are no better than what a standard champ keeper makes week in week out

• Like 6
Just now, Numero Uno said:

So you expected more than a point tonight?

Yep, he was one of many expecting a comfortable 3-0 win beforehand.

Go back to the start of this thread, absolutely full of people delighted Bell started & expecting us to piss the game.

Coventry unbeaten in 12 but what does that mean?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Coventry weren't up to their usual standards, pleased with the point. 

Need to play Conway and Wells together from now on, don't want to see Knight play in that forward position anymore. Give Cornick more minutes on that right side until Sykes is back. We actually had a bit about us physically higher up with those three. 

It got McCrorie and Tanner higher up the pitch too.

The last 10-15 minutes felt a bit more front-foot football and the only time during the game we looked remotely dangerous.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

100%.. Nahki’s work rate was exceptional tonight, well taken goal and my MoM. Opposition defence and keeper under threat all night.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Well Manning has his work cut out with players like Bell and Mehmeti who have very low footballing IQs, playing Conway off the left shows me he’s losing patience with Anis. Need Twine back ASAP because we’re lacking a clever creative player without him and it’s hard to watch at times. O’Hare or Sakamoto exactly what we need clever dribblers and passers with the football brain to match.

• Like 2
Just now, GrahamC said:

Everyone is welcome to their opinion but play those two next season and we certainly won’t advance beyond mid table.  It is not that O’Leary is accident prone but the nature of his mistakes snd his failure to improve.  I stand by my comment on Wells.  He has had one good striker’s season in his career, quite away back now, and he simply isn’t the player we bought.  Time for realism over both players if we really are serious about top six next season.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Positives tonight - Nahki and Tommy showing they are good together.  Cornick did well when he came on, as did Mcrorie.  Williams battled well.  The back 3 were decent again.

negatives tonight - Set Piece delivery.  O Leary 🤦‍♂️, and as all too often Sam Bell.

• Like 4

State of some on here. The “only” creative player we had missing and we go away to a bang in form team and draw 2-2 and had the better of the game for the most part and could have been a win bar an individual error.

Yet people on here, the same ones who expected us to get obliterated at 7.45pm this evening, are in tears, have had enough, running the team down blah blah.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It is a little bit North Korean state TV isn't it. 

I just use it to watch the football from that perspective it does a good job for what you pay as an overseas subscriber.

I get it’s fashionable to have a dig at anything the club does on a official level, but it’s essentially an internal TV feed and not a public tv channel.

Good point at a form team , but....

Sloppy passing costs us so much possession.
Wasted so many crossing opportunities , if we got points for hitting the first man we'd be top.
I've defended Max before now , but that was shocking. First day at keeper school stuff, push the ball away ffs.
Mehmeti is the most frustrating player I've watched for years.
Sam Bell, never more than ok and never imposes himself on the game.
Could easily have won that, just not tidy enough in possession or clinical enough in the last 3rd.

A word for Leigh Doughty, thought he was great for Cov tonight . Broke up lots of our attacks , and helped them onto the front foot by making them take a free kick every time they fell over. 
Ellis wasn't off side though, so can't blame him for that.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, he was one of many expecting a comfortable 3-0 win beforehand.

Go back to the start of this thread, absolutely full of people delighted Bell started & expecting us to piss the game.

Coventry unbeaten in 12 but what does that mean?

It was a good solid draw but having got infront 2 points dropped.  I wasn’t impressed with Bell again, and thought we looked much better once Mcrorie came on the right and Bell was replaced by Cornick.  Bell got into promising positions a few times but his touch and delivery all too often are letting him down.

• Like 1
Just now, BCFCGav said:

I’m so envious of the people that can already take the positives - I’m honestly bereft of positive emotion after that equaliser. Our season is over isn’t it ☹️ playoffs feel about as likely as winning the FA Cup at this point.

Apparently we are not allowed to even think about the Play offs. Good job Luton didn’t have that attitude. 

• Like 1