IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m so envious of the people that can already take the positives - I’m honestly bereft of positive emotion after that equaliser. Our season is over isn’t it ☹️ playoffs feel about as likely as winning the FA Cup at this point.

We simply don’t have the squad strength to make top 6. Nowhere near good enough if the final third for starters, and most people have always known it. 

I can’t believe lansdown jnr really believes it either.

• Like 3

On the face of it a decent performance. Enjoyed what I saw of it. Two great finishes for our goals...

...but seriously, if you are Steve Lansdown you've got to be asking how Coventry - a financial and logistical basket case in very recent memory  - look a more accomplished side than the one he's put together.

Hey ho. 13th beckons again!

• Like 3

Good result 

Cov only lost 1 at home

Played pretty well - Fair result

Max let us down tonight I think both goals.

Mehmeti and Bell not going to score enough goals in a front three.

Corners and crossing poor

Twine would have made a diff tonight

Wells Conway Sykes best front 3 by miles. 

Need maybe a winger/striker to come in tomorrow.

Just now, Red Exile said:

On the face of it a decent performance. Enjoyed what I saw of it. Two great finishes for our goals...

...but seriously, if you are Steve Lansdown you've got to be asking how Coventry - a financial and logistical basket case in very recent memory  - look a more accomplished side than the one he's put together.

Coventry never ran aground with FFP unlike us but that's for another day..thought we were overall very decent tonight but see what you're saying more widely.

• Like 1

Gonna be positive here , forget the last 3-4 games , start fresh today bonus point for me never thought we would get a result against a team who are currently flying , I keep saying there is a team in there somewhere , but it needs 2 quality players and we would be in and around that top 6 , injuries again are killing us I thought about a month ago it was looking up on the injury front but we’re back to 5 or 6 again and an important 5 or 6 - Naismith/ Sykes / Twine /Atkinson / Benarous - the first 4 of them players fit make our squad so much stronger 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

He needs to be asking the mirror..

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I just use it to watch the football from that perspective it does a good job for what you pay as an overseas subscriber.

I get it’s fashionable to have a dig at anything the club does on a official level, but it’s essentially an internal TV feed and not a public tv channel.

It's just such an amateur production. Constant mistakes every game by those on there. 

I've watched plenty of streams in the past with the oppositions in house commentators and by and large they are no where near as restricted in what they can say like we are here. 

I don't know why they can't just use the radio Bristol comms? 

• Like 1
Just now, Slack Bladder said:

I think the point was only 3 pts out of 15 is disappointing, especially in the games against Birmingham and Millwall more so than tonight

A good result at an in form side is a good result. It’s not less good because you didn’t beat Birmingham and Millwall. But if people want to rage because we got a point at a form team then go for it.

Some predicted four defeats from this batch of games yet are raging because we got a point😂

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I think it's interesting that the posters who are most annoyed at that are the ones who were expecting nothing from the game beforehand.

It's all very predictable on here. Every. Single. Time

If we get anything that was unexpected you can guarantee a few will say Coventry were poor and never showed up, and it couldn't have had anything to do with us.

They revel in their moaning game after game.

Plenty of positives out of tonights game imo, regardless of not getting the win, but the same people week in week out just cannot see anything objectively, quite baffled why some on here even watch us.

• Like 7
  • Flames 7

2 sloppy goals cost us 3 points tonight but lots of positives to take I thought. Coventry on a good run of form recently

Cornick actually looked ok coming on for the first time in a while, great reflex save from cov keeper at the end after his shot deflected.

Big confidence booster for Nahki grabbing that goal, great finish.

Big test Friday night against Leeds, not a bad performance to take into that game IMO.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I swear he’s had one decent shot all season, the rest are barely non league standard 

I thought it was hilarious , after he had a few shots that only just stayed in the stadium and ignored every chance of a pass, he shouted at someone for not passing.

So frustrating.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Point about right, can’t argue with that too much. Just a shame to have such a poor error cost us, especially going into such a tough run. 

A bit of quality, relentless hard work and endeavour cancelled out by a really poor error by someone who many fans would replace with better quality if we were allowed the funds to. Probably sums up where we are as a club at the minute.  

Glad to see LM ‘take the hand break off’ as it were second half. We were really exciting to watch that last 15/20 or so. 

Shame he forgot to turn the engine on until the 70th minute!  I thought we were so sloppy second half until that later spell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1
4 minutes ago, Jose said:

Apparently we are not allowed to even think about the Play offs. Good job Luton didn’t have that attitude. 

Yeah I think giving up on them is a happier life so people do it. So bloody sick of this League man 🤣

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m so envious of the people that can already take the positives - I’m honestly bereft of positive emotion after that equaliser. Our season is over isn’t it ☹️ playoffs feel about as likely as winning the FA Cup at this point.

I can forgive not making the play offs in a difficult division.

It’s the basics in the game we lack I find hard to accept🫣 Set pieces, throw ins, passing ffs.

Some neat spells yeah but overall it’s so poor and boring. I think that’ll do me tonight… 

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Apparently we are not allowed to even think about the Play offs. Good job Luton didn’t have that attitude. 

People are of course disappointed but the negativity on here is beyond a joke at times , truth is we played well , got a good point at a in form team, and the other truth is Max gave it away , very poor whether people like it or not 

Results at present not so good but performances in the main are better than the results, I believe we are a very decent championship side , start of a very tough run tonight so may get slightly worse before getting better but try to keep the faith 

Heres hoping there is some good transfer front still yet which gives us a boost , only the club really know so 🤞

• Like 2

Twine would’ve made the difference there I reckon. Still wasting far too many corners and FKs in tasty positions. Mehmeti had an absolute stinker, and Max has to take the blame for their equaliser. Pring immense again though.

I’d’ve certainly taken a point prematch given Cov’s form but that feels like another two points dropped. Hopefully we can do a bit last-gasp business before window closes.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is what frustrates me… just when he puts together a little run, he drops another clanger. It’s such a shame he’s such a good keeper most of the time. 

If he wasn’t an academy player and we signed him from QPR then he would be getting more stick. He isn’t good enough if we want to be a play off side, then again I’m not sure many of our players are! Frustrating tonight, we should win that game, such a poor goal. But I was right….Conway and Wells….keep it simple Liam like Nige did. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Shame he forgot to turn the engine on until the 70th minute!  I thought we were so sloppy second half until that later spell.

Agreed. Looked good after going back to “what we’re good at”. Was similar story of looking tidy with the ball but offering next to nothing in the final third. 

Just now, WessexPest said:

Twine would’ve made the difference there I reckon. Still wasting far too many corners and FKs in tasty positions. Mehmeti had an absolute stinker, and Max has to take the blame for their equaliser. Pring immense again though.

I’d’ve certainly taken a point prematch given Cov’s form but that feels like another two points dropped. Hopefully we can do a bit last-gasp business before window closes.

Totally agree. Twine injury a blow with upcoming games against tough opposition.  Need to play Tommy and Nakhi 

Just now, stortfordred said:

Sorry to pour oil on boiling waters, but that is a really good result. 

In isolation it is. But bad results against bottom 8 teams mean we need wins against top 8 teams. 

It is what it is. Hopefully the FA Cup has some more thrills in store for us, then on to the Euros!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

It's all very predictable on here. Every. Single. Time

If we get anything that was unexpected you can guarantee a few will say Coventry were poor and never showed up, and it couldn't have had anything to do with us.

They revel in their moaning game after game.

Plenty of positives out of tonights game imo, regardless of not getting the win, but the same people week in week out just cannot see anything objectively, quite baffled why some on here even watch us.

It’s not moaning for moanings sake though is it? We have just dropped 2 points from a mistake that’s not good enough at this level.

1 minute ago, WessexPest said:

Ye agree, real shame Twine is injured 

9 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I can’t believe lansdown jnr really believes it either.

If he does, he’s a ridiculous fool, if he doesn’t he’s a mendacious Kent. I tend towards the latter here, but on the whole I think the former usually applies.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Coventry never ran aground with FFP unlike us but that's for another day..thought we were overall very decent tonight but see what you're saying more widely.

No but they've been able to take advantage of the rest of the league being hamstrung. Purely timing on their part of when they got into this league / Covid coming along / decent recruitment.

But ultimately without Covid they wouldn't be in the position they have been for the past two seasons as they would have had to spend much more last season to be competitive. Same applies to Luton probably

• Like 1