IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

Just now, Curr Avon said:

Good news?

According to Liam, Twine's scan has revealed the quad injury is just an irritation and nothing major.

12-14 days out.

That's reassuring.

It never is though is it? I’m sure we were told the same about Sykes. 

• Like 4

My entry for most negative post on the MDT so far this season is that with this side we'll lose this 13-1 (and that will be an own goal), Twine's season is over, Bell will cross the ball 12 times in the match and every single one will end up in the stand, Max will also kick the ball into the stand around twenty three times, we will pass the ball back to Max from an attacking position on the edge of their penalty area when we could have got a shot away at least seven times and we will be handed a letter from the EFL at full time advising us we are on an FFFP charge.

Worrying..............

Oh, and despite all that happening be careful what you wish for.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Would he be anywhere near your starting 11 of a fully fit squad GrahamC.

i love listening to everyone’s opinions and am always open as everyone sees the game differently.

isn't that what makes our game the best game on earth?

To be completely honest at times this season (like when we ripped Swansea & Plymouth apart) yes, at others no.

Sam has a 100% availability record this season, he’s also the only outfield player to have been on the pitch for some part of every single league game.

I run a big team for my job & the people who work for me that I like the most are the ones who come in every single day, not the ones who are good at their job but I can’t ever rely on to do so.

Our squad is small, as usual tonight’s bench includes two totally inexperienced youngsters & Andy King.

This nonsense about him not being good enough is childish, two very different managers have consistently picked him, at 21 he’s already played far more Championship football than his Dad ever did.

I am far more frustrated by Naismith’s consistently poor availability record than anything Sam does.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

My entry for most negative post on the MDT so far this season is that with this side we'll lose this 13-1 (and that will be an own goal), Twine's season is over, Bell will cross the ball 12 times in the match and every single one will end up in the stand, Max will also kick the ball into the stand around twenty three times, we will pass the ball back to Max from an attacking position on the edge of their penalty area when we could have got a shot away at least seven times and we will be handed a letter from the EFL at full time advising us we are on an FFFP charge.

Worrying..............

Oh, and despite all that happening be careful what you wish for.

All in all a pretty good precis of the likely performance 🤣

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Can't decide whether to have a massive meltdown before the game and quietly slope off post match when we win, or just be generally negative and snipe at anyone employed by the club for the next couple of hours.

Any tips/ideas appreciated

The latter please. A general forum overreaction/meltdown will be far more entertaining than the game. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Can't decide whether to have a massive meltdown before the game and quietly slope off post match when we win, or just be generally negative and snipe at anyone employed by the club for the next couple of hours.

Any tips/ideas appreciated

Go down the pub ?

• Flames 1
3 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

The latter please. A general forum overreaction/meltdown will be far more entertaining than the game. 

The ideal scenario would be for us to do a "Forest", 1-0 down all game, forum absolutely losing it's shit, just for the entertainment value, then score in the 94th and 95th with everyone then saying the Play Off's aren't out of the question..................