IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

2 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Tbf ……. I can get by the Knight positioning, and Wells coming into the team.  Williams has been great of Late it’s just Sam Bell has been looking like a League 2 player at best.

I wonder if his Dad was someone else whether his career would have took a similar path to Sam Pearson.

Surely Nigel would’be picked his son Sam? 😝😝😝

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Go to confidence island and drink 10 cans of confidence then, nay sayer!

I’ll get behind whoever pulls on the shirt, support them through the game and my judgement will be made come the final whistle.  I’m hoping I’m eating some humble pie come 10pm.

• Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, gibbo7 said:

I’ll get behind whoever pulls on the shirt, support them through the game and my judgement will be made come the final whistle.  I’m hoping I’m eating some humble pie come 10pm.

No worries. I usually watch the game behind closed fingers, in a dark room, behind a locked door

2 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Tbf ……. I can get by the Knight positioning, and Wells coming into the team.  Williams has been great of Late it’s just Sam Bell has been looking like a League 2 player at best.

I wonder if his Dad was someone else whether his career would have took a similar path to Sam Pearson.

Because Sam Pearson definitely would have scored 4 Championship goals in his first 9 games this season..

That’s why he’s playing National League South.

Truly embarrassing, there are several who are equally obsessed with Cornick but you know far more than Pearson or Manning who have both picked him, so pile on to an Academy product who is definitely a valuable squad player.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Because Sam Pearson definitely would have scored 4 Championship goals in his first 9 games this season..

That’s why he’s playing National League South.

Truly embarrassing, there are several who are equally obsessed with Cornick but you know far more than Pearson or Manning who have both picked him, so pile on to an Academy product who is definitely a valuable squad player.

You’ve said it in your own words.  Squad player.  I’ll challenge anyone to tell me he’d be anywhere near their first pick in any position.  Even 2nd pick for any position when everyone is available.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
8 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

You’ve said it in your own words.  Squad player.  I’ll challenge anyone to tell me he’d be anywhere near their first pick in any position.  Even 2nd pick for any position when everyone is available.

You can't play your best available players every game. It doesn't work like that. There has to be rotation. That's why you have squads and not just 11 players. Sorry to break it to you but you can't just refill their stamina like you would on Fifa or Football Manager.

• Like 1

The changes seem sensible to me. McCrorie probably needs a rest as he returns to fitness. Mehmeti has been looking dangerous. Bell looked lively when he came on v Forest. Williams has been playing well. Conway is probably knackered after playing up front in his own, but he can come on if needed. 

Let’s beat them, City. We’re due a win. COYR

• Like 2
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Would be pleasantly surprised to see Twine start before QPR personally. He featured fine with full fitness for Hull before joining us, too. Have to chuckle really. 

Grade 1 quad strains can take between 1 and 3 weeks to heal. According to Inspector Google of The Yard.

• Like 2

Oh so typical of City.  Injuries which all clubs have, seem worse for us because of our thing squad, and add in now the build up of games, my optimism after cup games is evaporating fast.  We need points if Manning is going to deliver on target set him.

Come on City play a blinder tonight and confound all of us worriers with three points.