IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This just feels like square pegs and round holes and vice versa to fit an idealised shape of Manning really.

Knight wideish but bit wholly, McCrorie suddenly at CB.

Sykes back to wing back? Sure he can do a job but..that's assuming he is even fit obvs.

It is a bit, but, Tanner tends to play wider anyway, and we know that LM is all about the overlap and the overloads.  I personally think its an ideal role for McCrorie, and I think he would do a better job than Tanner (I have nothing against Tanner).   

As someone who was there on that night in 1977 (a game I will never forget) Coventry away always has a special meaning for me even though it is at the Coventry Building Society Arena (is that the Ricoh?) rather than Highfield Road.

Let's hope that we see the same spirit we saw against West Ham and Forest and that the poor darlings have not become exhausted fromplaying2games in a week and decided have a cocoa before the game to step off the gas for 90minutes.

Think I read somewhere that Mark Sykes may be fit enough for a few minutes too.

Kasey Palmer is apparently in good form and full of energy but Jay DaSilva is not first choice left back at the moment.

Off to Barcelona shortly to watch the game in a little more comfort than in 1977.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm attending tonight. I've not seen us score live in any of the last four games I've attended.

Got to break that streak tonight surely.

Oh dear..I wish you hadn't said that !! Could get beat 5-1 and that would break your streak tho. 😳

Possibly a couple of changes from the Notts Forest game.

Twine back in with Williams, James and Mehmeti to the bench maybe.

They've only lost one at home all season (WBA 0-2 in October), but drawn seven, and unbeaten in nine with five wins from the last six.

Seems like a regulation home win, but they aint Man.City and due a defeat - lets hope its tonight.

To add a bit of weight to my argument I’m fed up of seeing Sam Bell bring nothing to games.  The times he beats a man the end product is woeful and the times he doesn’t he gets brushed off the ball so easily and really does look lost defensively at wingback.

• Like 2

Tbf ……. I can get by the Knight positioning, and Wells coming into the team.  Williams has been great of Late it’s just Sam Bell has been looking like a League 2 player at best.

I wonder if his Dad was someone else whether his career would have took a similar path to Sam Pearson.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting side.

Would have rested Conway & James myself, McCrorie is logical too in view of the time he’s been out.

Lot of games coming up & will need every senior player at some point.

I’d have rather seen Gardner Hickman at RWB, James and Williams central and Sam Bell back at the HPC. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1