IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

4 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

I must get around to flying with VPN Airways. Never used a VPN and not sure what it entails. Do you guys use a free service or pay? Anything you’d particularly recommend?

I find windscribe very fast and reliable, you get 1gb free I think, after that if you continue you have to sign up.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I find windscribe very fast and reliable, you get 1gb free I think, after that if you continue you have to sign up.

Hypothetically, if I were ever to use a VPN (rather than fly to Germany every other weekend... 😎), I would only switch it on while first turning on the feed, and then turn it straight off again, in order to not use much of the free GB allowance.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is from Autumn 2022.

Yeh, but I’d seen some stats of around 1142 recently. 
The trend nowadays is for more fans to travel.  BCFC season has been good

This article paints a better picture

https://fanbanter.co.uk/average-away-attendance-of-every-championship-club-for-2023-24-season-so-far-21st-november/2/

Also, this backs up your comment with info up to 8 away games for Bristol..

12) BRISTOL CITY

They have an average away attendance of 1,935 for the 2023/24 season after 8 away games played.

The total amount of travellers for the club sits at 15,476, the highest is 3,305 while the lowest is 404.

The Championship average amount of miles is 158.4, for Bristol City, their average across a full season is 159.

They had an average away attendance of 1,144 for the 2022/23 Championship season, finishing 14th with 59 points from 46 games played.

Bristol City had an average away attendance of 1,187, with the club finishing 17th place in the 2021/22 Championship league table, picking up 55 points from 46 games.

There was no average away attendance figure for the 2020/21 season due to the coronavirus pandemic preventing fans going to games.

The average away attendance for Bristol City for the 2019/20 season was 1,171. They had 1,061 for the 2018/19 season.

Edited by flying fokker

Slightly odd the apparent obsession with our away stats from a supposed Coventry fan. This is not something we remotely have a complex about (unlike the blue few), we are well aware that we don't travel in great numbers these days to anything other than marquee occasions, largely because we've been floating in mid table in this division for several millennia now and there's nothing new to see. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I would never use a VPN but a " friend" uses windscribe ( as recommended by our own Davfevs) , simple to download, there's a free version which allows you to stream about 4 games a month if you don't start until just before ko and log off at FT. The pay version is from memory about £50-£60 per year and is unlimited.

Once you have downloaded windscribe an icon will appear on your desktop/ or phone...you can load it on both ......open the app, turn it on and set the location to anywhere outside of the UK eg Frankfurt., then sign in to Bristol Sport and RTV and the game will be available to buy.  The game appears on RTV about 30 mins before ko, click on the screen not the white play arrow and it should start playing.

That’s really, really helpful. Thanks so much for going to the trouble. Appreciate it. 👍

7 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well if they score more than 1 goal then we have had it. 

Wrong time of the year to get a striker apparrently others are inflating the prices and want the same, so what I say, if we want to move up we have to pay up.

If I recall we were right up behind Wolves a few seasons back at/near the top of this div the wallet then stayed closed then as well just when we needed a boost, we are fed hope alone at times when investment is needed.

We will rebuild/go again in the summer and challenge the top six next season........what again....of course we will....Tired Zzz GIF by Red Fang

Edited by mason
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mason said:

If I recall we were right up behind Wolves a few seasons back at/near the top of this div the wallet then stayed closed then as well just when we needed a boost, we are fed hope alone at times when investment is needed.

While there are plenty of decisions that Steve can be pulled up on, I don't think our capitulation that season can be put on him.

That home game was ours to win and even after they scored we were bossing the game , Fielding's rush of blood cost that game and we lost 4 and drew 4 of the next 9.

Looking at the squad, and remember Lansdown wasn't involved in scouting or buying , we had plenty of options. Now whether they were the right ones (no IMO) is another matter.

Matt Taylor , Engval , Djuric , Fam , Woodrow , Diony , Reid and Semenyo  and don't forget Garita . We had Eliasson , ODowda , Patterson , Kent and Leko.
There were options then, too many as it was prime LJ time. Remember , by figures alone Diony had gone to St Etienne for £10M , what a signing that looked like 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Didn’t collect my ticket, where do you go to collect it when they bring it to the away ground - one of the coaches?

We've got to collect ours. On main site it says to collect them from the same place as pay on the day tickets which is turnstiles 6-10 at away end 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, mason said:

Wrong time of the year to get a striker apparrently others are inflating the prices and want the same, so what I say, if we want to move up we have to pay up.

We will rebuild/go again in the summer and challenge the top six next season........what again....of course we will....Tired Zzz GIF by Red Fang

FFP was biting a bit in 2017-18.

Albeit we had no excuse in 2007-08 and we had less of an excuse in 2018-19 given we were perhaps a midfielder light and maybe a striker.

(Korey- recurring injuries, Hegeler retired mid season).

Left realistically as true midfielders Pack, Brownhill, Morrell, Walsh. Not enough..

Another midfielder could have enabled us to play Weimann centrally as the line striker and not play Pack and Brownhill into the ground.

Pack A N Other

Brownhill Paterson Eliasson

Weimann

For a number of games that could've served us quite well.

Or Paterson left, Brownhill central, O'Dowda right side for some.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
7 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Is Sykes available? 

Anyway, if Sykes and Twine are available, I'd go with...

lineup.png

This just feels like square pegs and round holes and vice versa to fit an idealised shape of Manning really.

Knight wideish but bit wholly, McCrorie suddenly at CB.

Sykes back to wing back? Sure he can do a job but..that's assuming he is even fit obvs.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This just feels like square pegs and round holes and vice versa to fit an idealised shape of Manning really.

Knight wideish but bit wholly, McCrorie suddenly at CB.

Sykes back to wing back? Sure he can do a job but..that's assuming he is even fit obvs.

McCrorie too good out wide and attacking to be a centre back

It’s a bit difficult see us getting much out of this one considering Coventrys form, our current inability to create clear cut chances and as has been said, the come down post cup game which saw in part a poor Preston performance. This is one of a batch of four games we could really struggle in, and although not season defining (we’re safe and not going up), will define LMs start to his City tenure.

I stand by that 4 points from the next 4 isn’t a bad haul (dependant on how they’re earnt stylistically in part) but that would be 20 points from 17 games, and coming in at around a goal a game currently. With season ticket sales likely around the corner I’m not sure that would convince waverers. 

It feels we’re coming to enough of a sample size to start judging where we are with LM being in charge for over 1/3 of the season after the next batch. Hoping for positive signs on a consistent basis, while noting it is in no way going to be easy.

6 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

My ex brother in law, a person I now hate and a Forest die hard, used to get really annoyed when ever I said Notts Forest. Apparently they MUST be called Nottingham Forest. So, Notts it is then, good work!

Sounds like he's a bit of a Nott case.

Am I right?

Is that him or Nottm?

• Haha 1