IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

11 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Go away and do something else supporting city is not for you

Are you for real you melt.

Derby boy who came through the academy and Derby are a bigger club than us.

What have I said that's anti City?

Edited by BS3_RED

18 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Are you for real you melt.

Derby boy who came through the academy and Derby are a bigger club than us.

What have I said that's anti City?

City sign a player and you suggest the player would want to cancel the deal to play for another club, no melt(to use your term) not remotely  anti city at all is it. I watched the clip and thought looks like a good player for next season but you had to view it negatively just sums up your attitude towards the club as I said go away and do something else you won't be missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Yes he’s a Bristol City player that was signed for over £1m who has been loaned to Derby. He can’t just cancel his contract with City. 

Correct however, if Max felt that he made a mistake signing for City now that Derby have been promoted (bearing in mind they could probably pay more) and he started being difficult ( Im not saying he will) then things can change if the club/Manning decided its not worth the hassle.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

City sign a player and you suggest the player would want to cancel the deal to play for another club, no melt(to use your term) not remotely  anti city at all is it. I watched the clip and thought looks like a good player for next season but you had to view it negatively just sums up your attitude towards the club as I said go away and do something else you won't be missed.

I will, I will watch City like I have always.

Your opinion is your opinion. You are entitled to it as I am mine. I never said he would cancel, just that I would not be surprised if somehow he stayed at Derby.

Thats not anti City but you feel free to slag me off. 

Edited by BS3_RED

4 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Correct however, if Max felt that he made a mistake signing for City now that Derby have been promoted (bearing in mind they could probably pay more) and he started being difficult ( Im not saying he will) then things can change if the club/Manning decided its not worth the hassle.

Considering where Derby have been financially in recent times (a mess they certainly aren't clear of yet) I'd be very surprised if they could pay higher wages than the majority of clubs at this level to be honest

• Like 2

Derby County play in a soulless bowl. They have done nothing for decades apart from get the record low Premier League points total. The city/town is a hellscape. They won a league title before Thatcher was PM. Its over half a century ago. They are pretty much as irrelevant as us these days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

With Bird's contract are we entitled to any loan bonus now he has helped them get promotion?

Is it just me , didn’t think he was anything special from what I saw today , mind you didn’t that’s the only time I have seen him so perhaps others who have seen more of him can enlighten me 👍

40 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Derby County play in a soulless bowl. They have done nothing for decades apart from get the record low Premier League points total. The city/town is a hellscape. They won a league title before Thatcher was PM. Its over half a century ago. They are pretty much as irrelevant as us these days.

They fill that soulless bowl with thirty thousand paying customers in a one team town. 
Derby is very much not the worst town in the country and the surrounding areas, including the Peak District are well worth visiting. 
I prefer Nottingham but having also lived in Derby , I am not prepared to let uneducated opinions to be formed . We are better than that on OTIB . 
Now Mansfield, that’s a hellscape . 
:whistle2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

They fill that soulless bowl with thirty thousand paying customers in a one team town. 
Derby is very much not the worst town in the country and the surrounding areas, including the Peak District are well worth visiting. 
I prefer Nottingham but having also lived in Derby , I am not prepared to let uneducated opinions to be formed . We are better than that on OTIB . 
Now Mansfield, that’s a hellscape . 
:whistle2:

Attention.

I am not prepared to let uneducated opinions affect my pedantry.

200 lines from you Major please stating Derby is a city not a town.

As you were.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Ryan Frederick's is now springing to mind 🤦🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

I don't really get what will have changed since January, though. Bird will have known all along there was a good possibility Derby would go up and he'd have known about Bristol City, who our players were and what our results were like. We've got the same manager as January and results have improved rather than got worse.

Bird would have had the option in January of staying put to the end of the season and seeing if Derby went up or if he got other options. He decided not to do that and to sign for us. To be honest, pleased though I was he did that, I was also a little surprised.

But, surprised or not. the fact is nothing whatsoever has happened since then that has materially changed the facts so I don't understand at all why people think he would have changed his mind. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

6 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

No.