IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

Just now, Finley_Smith10 said:

Not the attacking player I thought we were looking for. A replacement for James I’d imagine. Not needed now but as I said in earlier post getting someone in before the summer isn’t the worst idea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Derby have intimated consistently through the January window he is going nowhere this month, along with Cashin as they're going for promotion.

Might have said that so clubs knew they’d have to bid big to get him. Deadline day here now and knowing he’s going for free in the summer might have changed their minds. No good listening to what a manager says about players, all well and good him saying Bird won’t be sold but it’s not up to him. 

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Might have said that so clubs knew they’d have to bid big to get him. Deadline day here now and knowing he’s going for free in the summer might have changed their minds. No good listening to what a manager says about players, all well and good him saying Bird won’t be sold but it’s not up to him. 

I know, I know the usual caveats but actually some up there wouldn't mind taking their chances on a tribunal in the summer.

That's why I am a little sceptical. Perhaps they are hoping to go up keeping him rather than a few million now and badly denting chances of the top 2.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Derby have intimated consistently through the January window he is going nowhere this month, along with Cashin as they're going for promotion.

They've just signed Ebou Adams on loan which might change things

Just now, Lew-T said:

Defensive midfielder?

generally though Warne has played him a bit further forward this season, 3 goals, 5 assists not too shabby https://www.fotmob.com/players/881558/max-bird

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Must be two coming in surely. Wonder if we put in a bid for bird to test derby and next thing the deal is on

Hearing the same that we are trying to bring in two before the window closes, one is an opportunity to do business before the summer as the player will be OOC in the summer and they would like a fee rather than lose him on a free

Other is a loan 

• Like 1

Just now, petehinton said:

If he does come in, I’d say that all but confirms Williams & James are off in the summer 

I would be surprised if both went as I think Williams may get an offer to stay as we will need some experience to go with the youthful midfielders we have in the squad 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

30 minutes ago, Jose said:

Not the attacking player I thought we were looking for. A replacement for James I’d imagine. Not needed now but as I said in earlier post getting someone in before the summer isn’t the worst idea. 

Wrote this on WhatsApp to @Harry and @Exiled Robin and @redcherryberry just now:

image.png.1b2d86d634f260a71906267454f8a0dd.png

11 minutes ago, Gol said:

They've just signed Ebou Adams on loan which might change things

generally though Warne has played him a bit further forward this season, 3 goals, 5 assists not too shabby https://www.fotmob.com/players/881558/max-bird

which was what I mentioned yesterday.

• Like 3

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What's an 'attention' player?

One who stands with his feet together! 👀

No, what I meant was he’s a player like Matty James who goes quietly about his work and doesn’t grab your attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1