IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Don’t really see what’s in it for the player, must be a decent contract offer?

It’s good for us as it’s secured someone who we clearly rate, who may have more options / better contract offer / ambition to say after promotion in the summer 

Security. He’s got a deal agreed with a club at the next level when he could easily get injured/form off cliff and value (wage wise) fall down.

I think people need to view this as if we’d signed a pre contract for a (say) Ligue 1 midfielder. To all intents and purposes it’s the same kind of deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I can actually understand it from our perspective (a number of key potentially high earning midfielders OOC in the summer), and from Derbys perspective too.

What’s in it for the player though? 

Some advantages I suppose (security) but you’d imagine he would have plenty of choice in the summer. 

Maybe Knight has talked up the squad and manager? Seeing us play well against West Ham. Not miles off playoffs now and he’d expect to make us better and he will play with James and King going. Probably Williams too I would think. After his injuries here he may just want to take his chances closes to home imo. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jose said:

Wonder what sort of reception he will get from their fans. Especially if things start to go south. On the other hand could be in the same league next season 

Agreed ! Imagine if Tommy told us to do one and signed for a Prem club but then got loaned back until the summer ! Not sure he or anyone else would be welcomed with open arms ! 

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Screams of a summer signing brought forward to me with the loan back enabling the deal.

Well, yeah obviously that too - I’m just tired and stressed and want to have a needless dig in peace!! 🤣🤣

insert old man yells at cloud meme

• Like 1

I think if we buy and loan back, it’s about finishing the season now with what we got and already building for next year, higher up know already we ain’t going up, long way to go but it’s a long road to finish above where we are.

Had we won at Coventry I could see something else, but we threw it away, that’s football, 1 point over 3 can change everything. I want us to finish as high as we can but I think it’s too much, I’m City I always believe but I’m a realist too not defeatist  

prove me wrong City

Not sure about this signing tbh. Is he actually better than James or Williams.  Looking at the Derby site, they were saying early January he was overrated. In fact, I quote, "...doesnt control the game from deep, not a very good tackler, not really a box to box midfielder and doesnt score that many"..... Looking at his record, cannot see what he is going to add. Maybe someone can access his individual stats. We really need players now and they need to improve what we have. Sorry, underwhelming for me. 

• Sad 1

So our window consists of permanently signing a player who was already here . Loaning in a player who is then injured until further notice . Signing two teenagers and loaning one straight back and signing a midfielder from Derby and loaning him straight back ! We’ve signed five players and only one is presently in the squad and even he gets suspended from next week !! Cushty 😂

• Haha 8
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, cotswoldred2 said:

Very astute business, Prem like deal, but of course the fly in the ointment that the real footballing brains on here don't rate him. Obviously Manning does and that's good enough for me.

You can’t argue against the sages on here they are the wise ones , and everything they say is fact , not just their opinion 🙄

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Exactly as usual people who know **** all putting best gloss in it 

I'm definitely not ITK in any way whatsoever, pure guesswork on my part. I do enjoy the desperation from some of those that do pertain to be ITK though. 😉

Edited by Ska Junkie

Just now, Slack Bladder said:

Another one for the future, then

Not really no.

He is 23 so a good age yet with reasonable room for growth.

He has League One plus solid Championship experience.

I've been a critic of the current structure but this could be an impressive addition.. Bird and Knight back together another positive.

Derby a Category One Academy too, all helps.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Derby fans in meltdown. Why Bristol City , ******* Bristol City etc etc. Love it 

Oxford and now Derby - niggle games due to player trading.

Bit like I hope we batter Ballmuff next time we get the pleasure to visit their little crappy place. They still wind me up, as many in the media  suggest they got into the premier league via hard work and a romance of good investment.

The reality is that they went all in - Promotion or major FFP breaches and go backwards 10 years. They got lucky. Wish it had badly backfired on them, and the Russian funding was properly reviewed. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Bird fee believed to be £2.5m + appearances + 10% sell on 

Wells and Cornick spoken about on loan.

id imagine back in for smith as well. long night ahead

Only we could spunk out 2.5m on a player who isn't even going to play for us until he would have been out of contact anyway.....

Absolutely ******* bonkers!!

• Facepalm 1