IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not likely.  Could go to Celtic or Rangers for £300k!  That’s the bitch with compo.  It’s why we did a deal with Burnley for Massengo.

TC is a different ball game, because imho, Celtic or Rangers won’t be able to compete with the kind of clubs interested in him, so the £300k isn’t relevant (prepares dish of rice paper hat for summer 2025).

Does academy status not come into it then? Always thought that’s why we were shafted a bit when Maddox went to Chelsea & Kane went to Liverpool.

Edited by Betty Swallocks

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Does academy status not come into it then? Always thought that’s why were shafted a bit when Maddox went to Chelsea & Kane went to Liverpool.

It’s bloody complicated.

Theres EPPP compo for the really young’uns like Maddox and Ampadu (Exeter to Chelsea).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Then as pros, if you’re u23 and moving out of English FA, then FIFA RSTP compo comes in, based on a fixed formula of years at club, category status of club.

If you’re u24 and moving inside English FA, then PFCC compo is used…assuming clubs don’t agree to a fee.  It’s rate for the PFCC committee to sit these days, clubs usually thrash out a deal.

image.thumb.png.16aeaecd193946753c846e1dd6b6adb8.png

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s bloody complicated.

Theres EPPP compo for the really young’uns like Maddox and Ampadu (Exeter to Chelsea).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Then as pros, if you’re u23 and moving out of English FA, then FIFA RSTP compo comes in, based on a fixed formula of years at club, category status of club.

If you’re u24 and moving inside English FA, then PFCC compo is used…assuming clubs don’t agree to a fee.  It’s rate for the PFCC committee to sit these days, clubs usually thrash out a deal.

image.thumb.png.16aeaecd193946753c846e1dd6b6adb8.png

I guess leaving things for a committee to sort out can leave a bad taste sometimes and better working relationships can be found when making deals.

• Like 1

This is a bit of fantasy for a host of reasons but..next year.

O'Leary

McCrorie Vyner Dickie Pring

Bird

Sykes TGH Knight Twine

Conway

Now I know Twine on loan, decisions to be made on James and Williams plus King contractually, Tanner does he deserve to drop out..Atkinson and Naismith at CB and left sided can compete. Will Conway still be here in August etc?

Oh and we don't play a back 4 anymore.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is a bit of fantasy for a host of reasons but..next year.

O'Leary

McCrorie Vyner Dickie Pring

Bird

Sykes TGH Knight Twine

Conway

Now I know Twine on loan, decisions to be made on James and Williams plus King contractually, Tanner does he deserve to drop out..Atkinson and Naismith at CB and left sided can compete. Will Conway still be here in August etc?

Oh and we don't play a back 4 anymore.

If we're to challenge next season then we need to improve numbers 12-20 rather than 1-11 imo. We have a decent starting XI when fully fit, but we do not have sthe squad depth to sustain a challenge across 46 games.

That depth is the biggest difference between us and those teams that truly do have a top end squad.

In my opinion Max Bird would strengthen the squad. He might not strengthen the best XI, but he'd increase that depth of talent.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

If so he wouldn't be that arsed about being here in the first place?

You miss my point DS. I meant that we wouldn't be the only club interested come the summer and, while he's happy to sign for us now (good on him), I'm sure there would be more money available to him wages wise, in the summer, if he had waited.

I take it as a positive that he's signed now rather than wait until the summer tbh.