IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

14 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Whoever this striker is … are we loaning him back ? 

It’s time to come clean. I’m the striker. I’m going to be loaned back to my armchair until 2026. Manning expects me to need a preseason until approximately 2037 to get anywhere approaching match fitness, and even then it is touch and go as I’ll be 55 by then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If we're to challenge next season then we need to improve numbers 12-20 rather than 1-11 imo. We have a decent starting XI when fully fit, but we do not have sthe squad depth to sustain a challenge across 46 games.

That depth is the biggest difference between us and those teams that truly do have a top end squad.

In my opinion Max Bird would strengthen the squad. He might not strengthen the best XI, but he'd increase that depth of talent.

I think our depth isn't too bad even notwithstanding all the injuries- I know what you mean though..

...I'd say it is more like a decent 1-15 than 1-11, perhaps 1-14.

The chopping and changing of shape doesn't help but Manning us finding his way..still not so keen on the back 3 but that's a me issue.

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It’s time to come clean. I’m the striker. I’m going to be loaned back to my armchair until 2026. Manning expects me to need a preseason until approximately 2037 to get anywhere approaching match fitness, and even then it is touch and go as I’ll be 55 by then.

Well we are a top 6 side so can afford to loan back I guess 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

So MB ain’t an attacking midfielder, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Bird

Which suggests (based on LM’s comments after Coventry and earlier today) that we might see another incomer later today.

Here he is! Bristol City have completed the loan signing of fomer Manchester City Under-21 winger Dire Mebude from Belgian first division side KVC Westerlo.

38 minutes ago, Negan said:

Looks as though it will just be bird, who we won’t have until next season, be a pretty rubbish window if that’s all we do tonight. 

Where is the info about Bird being loaned back coming from? Haven't seen any announcement yet - does Robbored have copyright on this sort of comment btw?