IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A big message to the fans. An under 21 English failure on loan from the Big Belgium League and a loan back to Derby in Max Bird....16th position beckons mate.

I'm a sceptic on some matters, especially pertaining to Tinnion and Jon Lansdown but this window seems alright to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

A weird one on every level

We pay a fee for a player we could get for free in the summer and then loan him back so he doesn't even play for us in the period he's cost so much? WTF,  monumental waste of money and don't forget 5 months ago, I am sure we were one attacking midfielder away from a play off challenging team. Pearson denied the money.

From the players perspective Derby could get promoted and then he has to leave his boyhood team of 13 years?

WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD

Only winners are Derby here 

You just don't get do you? It's a really slamming bit of business.

4 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Am I right in thinking he was once linked to Chelsea for around £8m? 

Chelsea, no.

Leeds and Burnley at that price about 2 years ago, quire sure he was. When those 2 were bottom 3rd or so in PL. Sure about £8m.

Ironically Derby were basically insolvent but turning down bids in January 2022

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As he will be our player we have some rights to determine his fitness / medical regime.

@Lrrr you come across anything at some of the clubs you’ve worked at in the past where you thought duty of care to one of your loan players wasn’t what it should be.

Guessing we could have terms to enforce the termination of the loan.

I wouldn't say 'duty of care' as such no, the closest thing I would say would kind of be the opposite asking the club if a player could play for our U21's to make sure they're still getting minutes for their development if they're not in the first team there. Even then its a negotiation as they'll never play on a Monday if there's a Tuesday game sort of thing. 

In the scenario described before if Bird felt he had a knock and Derby were being dicks about it I expect either he'd report back to the HPC and see our medical department for an evaluation or we'd send a physio to him. 

I struggle to see it happening though because Derby wouldn't want the reputation for any future loan they may try to bring in, all it needs is for someone at City to have played with them and a bad word to get out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

This may even get announced tomorrow, as long as paperwork is submitted before 11 then I'd imagine they may announce tomorrow maybe ?

22:59JAMES PIERCY

Probably need to talk about deal sheets

11pm is almost upon us and clubs can apply for Deal Sheets with the EFL if they're running out of time to complete a transfer.

Once the sheet arrives, with confirmation an agreement has been reached, clubs have got another two hours, or until 01:00, in which to submit the full paperwork.

•  
  •  
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:
22:59JAMES PIERCY

Probably need to talk about deal sheets

11pm is almost upon us and clubs can apply for Deal Sheets with the EFL if they're running out of time to complete a transfer.

Once the sheet arrives, with confirmation an agreement has been reached, clubs have got another two hours, or until 01:00, in which to submit the full paperwork.

•  
  •  

Oh yeah forgot about the time extension allowed by the efl

5 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It’s good business. We get a very talented player that will improve us. 

He would have required compensation in the summer anyway. This way we beat the queue of competitors. 

Am I right in thinking he was once linked to Chelsea for around £8m? 

Apologies you are right.

Was £4.9-5m having just checked.

It was Knight who was linked with those 2 for £8m 2 years ago.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I see that Coventry City have done a similar loan back deal with Peterborough for Mason-Clark

Ahhhhhh…..but, but, their’s is clear-sighted, progressive and what REALLY well-run clubs do. Ours is typical of the shoddy, amateurish way our club is run.

• Like 1