IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Any thinking @James54De fee prediction?

Seemed quite clear Derby were driving a hard bargain.

I’m going to say a nice round £1 million. Simply because it makes it comprehensible for Brian.

Based on other tribunal fees, Derby could have got c. £800,000 in the summer. One million makes it worthwhile for them. 

Edited by James54De
  • Thanks 1

@DerbyFan actually plugged Bird’s details into the FIFA compo calculator tonight.  I assumed he’s been with you since at least 12 years of age.

Because we are no longer EEA/EU gets gets all years til 23 (not 21 inside EEA / EU), so if he were to go to Rangers you’d get €580k flat.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@DerbyFan actually plugged Bird’s details into the FIFA compo calculator tonight.  I assumed he’s been with you since at least 12 years of age.

Because we are no longer EEA/EU gets gets all years til 23 (not 21 inside EEA / EU), so if he were to go to Rangers you’d get €580k flat.

Assume then Dave that with age , history not that far apart it’s not a million miles away from what we’d get (If no agreed compo) for TC if he went to Scotland OOC ?

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think you may have meant to tag @Derby Boy

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

If they get promoted, do people think he’ll of regretted the decision to move in Jan ?

No, he's been quoted as wanting to move away from his boyhood club regardless. Moving to us? Maybe.

4 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He is ours, we loaned him back to Derby 

Yes, I’m saying he was quoted earlier this season saying that he was going to move on from Derby regardless, his contract was up at the end of the season and he wasn’t signing another. Therefore Derby being promoted wouldn’t make him regret moving, as he has said he was always going to move regardless.

However, moving to us, and not another team, maybe he regrets that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

If they get promoted, do people think he’ll of regretted the decision to move in Jan ?

I am sure he would have thought that Derby had a good chance of promotion when he signed for us so it wouldn’t be a shock to him if they are in the same division next season. 
Equally he would have known about City, the facilities and certain players like Knight with whom he played at Detby. 

47 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am sure he would have thought that Derby had a good chance of promotion when he signed for us so it wouldn’t be a shock to him if they are in the same division next season. 
Equally he would have known about City, the facilities and certain players like Knight with whom he played at Detby. 

Yeah - I'm not sure anything has fundamentally changed since January. He presumably knew we were a mid-table Championship club when he signed and we're a mid-table Championship club now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I'm not sure anything has fundamentally changed since January. He presumably knew we were a mid-table Championship club when he signed and we're a mid-table Championship club now. 

And if he was after a mid-table championship club then oh boy has he made a great decision.

Went to Derby V Orient on Saturday , Max out injured still sadly but chatting to their fans they hold him in high regard . They were disappointed they have a become a feeder club to Bouremouths feeder club !  Derby a very solid outfit,  all back four cruised through the game and Orient never caused a problem. Kane Wilson played well at full back and Korey Smith solid in the middle as you would expect. All three goals from defenders at corners . Derby may need to recruit up front if the are to make the step up to Championship a success. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Definitely not as we're going to barnstorm our way to promotion next season playing progressive, front foot football..........

Aren't we? 

• Haha 1

The thing with Max Bird [it would seem to me] is that the move to us elevates his gravitas in that he's no longer carrying that "academy product" tag. He's an important player in his own right, much like Jason Knight has become.

Derby are obviously a big club and a bigger club than Bristol City but at this moment in time we are the bigger fish, much in the same way Bournemouth are to us. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Was told at the time from a derby source that the fee was a little over 1m with few performance based add ons and a small sell on, which they obviously wouldn’t have got with him leaving for comp Ooc

25 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Was told at the time from a derby source that the fee was a little over 1m with few performance based add ons and a small sell on, which they obviously wouldn’t have got with him leaving for comp Ooc

Think they were bricking themselves that he’d head to Rangers or Celtic and all they’d get was €300k.  The loan-back was obviously a nice sweetener for them.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They aren`t because Posh won at the white hot cauldron of noise in North Bristol. Fair play to them to not be intimidated and get the job done.

Plus Bolton won as well. 3 sides going for 2nd, Derby are favourites.