IGNORED

Dire Mebude signed on loan - CONFIRMED

westonred

Just now, The Journalist said:

Presumably it'll mean even fewer minutes for people like Sam Bell, who could do with as much exposure as possible with our season going nowhere?

I'm all for loan signings with a purpose - the additions of people like Matt Smith and George Saville were huge when we were promoted - but there's got to be a longer-term vision than just seeing us through to a mid-table finish.

All opinions, though, innit.

Maybe Sam Bell just isn't good enough ? Maybe the season isn't over ffs

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see what type of player this lad is. and where he will play The signing a club like ours should be making. Yes there is risk, but we cannot afford the finished article. 

Let's see what he can do. 

Edited by RollsRoyce
  • Like 3

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So, in your opinion, do you feel that we shouldn't have signed this player  and who do you think should have been promoted to the first team from the academy whose pathway is now blocked?

If there’s an option (still seems tbc on that, city not mentioning, Belgian club say so) it makes more sense then just we have him for 4 months. Raekwan Nelson has been in squads and done extremely well in 21s, would’ve been absolutely comfortable and excited to see him blooded more between now and season end. Likewise the same with Yeboah to get more minutes like he did earlier in the season. Especially as the season could well be fizzling out. Very unlikely they are seen again this season, as an example. 

Option changes things, as I say, and he hopefully ends up being a worldie, but I personally get more joy out of seeing the gradual blooding and development of our own youngsters vs having them ‘signed over’ for more short term reasoning. 

Not a complain or any of this “moan if we sign someone moan if we don’t” tosh that gets thrown around. That’s just me. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

I’m interested to see how he fits in. We’ve shifted from a back 4 to back 3 with McCrorie as a wingback. The internet appears to suggest this guys is a winger. We haven’t set up with wingers in any of Mannings games. The right side is probably our strongest area of the pitch with Tanner, McCrorie and Sykes (to a degree Knight also). Unless we plan to mould him into the next Henry?

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

If there’s an option (still seems tbc on that, city not mentioning, Belgian club say so) it makes more sense then just we have him for 4 months. Raekwan Nelson has been in squads and done extremely well in 21s, would’ve been absolutely comfortable and excited to see him blooded more between now and season end. Likewise the same with Yeboah to get more minutes like he did earlier in the season. Especially as the season could well be fizzling out. Very unlikely they are seen again this season, as an example. 

Option changes things, as I say, and he hopefully ends up being a worldie, but I personally get more joy out of seeing the gradual blooding and development of our own youngsters vs having them ‘signed over’ for more short term reasoning. 

Not a complain or any of this “moan if we sign someone moan if we don’t” tosh that gets thrown around. That’s just me. 

What if a professional coach sees the likes of yeboah to just not have what it takes to have a place at this club ? 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This? 

https://twitter.com/RealBristolBoy/status/1753168926668624173?t=BtK39TljUFYeIOxBJc4rSQ&s=19

Makes me laugh how he posts things like this as if he knows all about him and has personally watched him 100 times. This is why people think he is in the know. Because he posts things that make it look like he knows something. 

When the reality is after we signed him he went on Wiki. 

Yes, that's the badger! I saw a couple people praise him earlier on this thread for getting the name right, guess my sarcasm meter is currently broken. 

7 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Presumably it'll mean even fewer minutes for people like Sam Bell, who could do with as much exposure as possible with our season going nowhere?

I'm all for loan signings with a purpose - the additions of people like Matt Smith and George Saville were huge when we were promoted - but there's got to be a longer-term vision than just seeing us through to a mid-table finish.

All opinions, though, innit.

Agreed. The season is done (has been for a while now tbh, and was never likely to be anything other than a mid-table finish). It is therefore a bit odd on the face of it to sign a young lad on loan like this.

I guess we have to assume that the Club are fully expecting to exercise that option to buy, and either move Bell on at the end of the season or keep both young right sided attackers here in order to strengthen the depth next season.

As for Dire himself, I'd not heard of him nor KVC Westerlo until a few minutes ago so I have absolutely nothing to add as to how likely he is to beat success.

Edited by ExiledAjax

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Majority will ignore the good points you make & just go along & yap exactly what your last paragraph states.

Edit: or hit you with the 🤦🏻‍♂️emoji!

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

People got their backs up about the Twine deal for the reasons you’ve said, myself included. He’s probably out our reach financially to buy and he would be going back to a league rival at the end of it.

I can get behind this one though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Why don't we just give him the courtesy of 2 or 3 games to show us what he can do before we write him off.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 , this is otib forum ffs , you obviously don’t follow this forum on a Saturday when the game is in progress , we’re the titanic one minute and Concorde the next 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 , this is otib forum ffs , you obviously don’t follow this forum on a Saturday when the game is in progress , we’re the titanic one minute and Concorde the next 

If you think this place is bad, I'd warn you to stay clear of Bristol City till I die Facebook page! Utter carnage on there. 

12 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Played with conway for Scotland u21 when conway scored v Norway. Trying to find the goal to see if he had the assist but no joy

6 minutes ago, Lavington Robin said:

Conway goal was a pen.

Yes but he might have placed it on the spot for Tommy.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

A youth prospect from the Man City academy seems to be very different from a youth prospect from any other academy these days. Shea Charles never kicked a ball for a senior team then signed for Southampton for £10 million plenty of other examples as well quite excited about this one seems like an injury kept him out of the team in Belgium so that's always a worry.