IGNORED

Dire Mebude signed on loan - CONFIRMED

westonred

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wait & see.

Blatantly obvious that Manning isn’t having him.

Last Saturday the 21s were at Peterborough & only named 3 subs, Yeboah was one of them.

Manning has consistently included Nelson (0 first team minutes) on the bench instead of Yeboah (12 sub appearances).

The most obvious difference as a result of the change of manager.

I think Yeboah is now a great candidate for a 2024-25 loan. If it goes well it could put him right back in contention. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your eyes are wide shut when it comes to the new manager though. 
Your strict allegiance to Nige means you wouldn’t recognise a Manning plan if you walked down Plan Street, turned into Plan Lane, over Plan Bridge, along Plan canal, into the Plan shop, perused the Plans in the window and a Plan came up and smacked you in the face screaming “Hey, Look. I’m a PLAN”. 

That really did make me laugh 🤣

4 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

So what’s the plan? 

For some - the plan is to disagree with anything we do from here on in, because it isn't good old Nige..!

We could surge up the table, finish top 6, win the play offs, in our 3rd Wembley victory of the season as we win the FA Cup, qualify for Europe & get promoted in LM's first season & some would post here insisting that we'd have done it under Nige anyway & that Tinnion is a snake & the Lansdowns need to get out of our club..!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 4

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

For some - the plan is to disagree with anything we do from here on in, because it isn't good old Nige..!

We could surge up the table, finish top 6, win the play offs, in our 3rd Wembley victory of the season as we win the FA Cup, qualify for Europe & get promoted in LM's first season & some would post here insisting that we'd have done it under Nige anyway & that Tinnion is a snake & the Lansdowns need to get out of our club..!

Literally, this 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do know that the fancier named "England Elite" is still nothing more than the under 18's (or whatever age bracket it is) yeah.?!

You have posted criticising this transfer, yet completely ignored the posts & screenshots that disprove that it's not got an option on it if he looks upto this level.

U20/21s isn't it? Not sure why you're taking such an issue with me calling it what it's called. 

I'm absolutely delighted that this guy is a Bristol City player. Looks a good signing and he seems really happy and excited to be here. I think his personality will be endearing to our fans and its great to hear that we have an option. 

My comments about not having an option were made before it came out from his club that we do so not sure why you're laying into me on that. 

However it possible to be happy about a signing and also wonder where that leaves the likes of Bell and Mehmeti. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Nah that's just how you're framing it. 

Some of us share our concerns about how the club is run. That has nothing to do with the management of the team. 

Manning doesn't set the plan.

By the way, I'm very happy with our Fa Cup performances under Manning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

U20/21s isn't it? Not sure why you're taking such an issue with me calling it what it's called. 

I'm absolutely delighted that this guy is a Bristol City player. Looks a good signing and he seems really happy and excited to be here. I think his personality will be endearing to our fans and its great to hear that we have an option. 

My comments about not having an option were made before it came out from his club that we do so not sure why you're laying into me on that. 

However it possible to be happy about a signing and also wonder where that leaves the likes of Bell and Mehmeti. 

I wasn't laying in to you.

You jumped on a post by someone who obviously wasn't giving correct info about it having no option & your post was after the screenshot of his portent club saying that there is an option.

So many who appear for England youth levels never make anything much of their career. I don't thing Bell is anywhere near at our level - yet.

I'm hoping this new lad has a far bigger impact than Mehmeti.

To progress, we need to upgrade. 

I think Sam Bell would benefit from loan, same as Yeboah.

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I reckon if that happened I'd admit I was wrong (gladly). But let's be honest, none of those things are going to happen, are they?

40 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm struggling to see the plan now and because I can't see it that means I'm unfortunately struggling to get behind it.

I bet Liam, Brian, Steve, Jon, the recruitment team, the coaches and the medical staff are mortified and inconsolable that a Seagull from Weston-Super-Mare isn’t behind their plan. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, RedJim said:

I reckon if that happened I'd admit I was wrong (gladly). But let's be honest, none of those things are going to happen, are they?

No, of course not - progress will do just fine at first. 

21 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Imagine being a new signing for us. You’re buzzing and decide to log on to OTIB to have a read. You’re immediately disheartened aren’t you 😂

Yes - I'm immediately disheartened when I log on to OTIB to have a read.

54 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The past few years we could all knew the situation, we all knew the plan. We could see the plan working. Sometimes it didn't always go smoothly but by and large we all remained patient because we could see what we were trying to do. 

I'm struggling to see the plan now and because I can't see it that means I'm unfortunately struggling to get behind it. Maybe if the club could use their fantastic communication skills that they've so say recently found we would know the plan and be able to buy into that plan. 

It's kinda reminiscent of the LJ days. 

Sorry, this is a lie. I did not know the plan and could certainly not see it working

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t want to stereotype, but across the course of my history supporting Bristol City, pacey afrocaribbean wingers are my absolute favourite. 😍 

Other than that, I have nothing of value to add to this conversation. 

Greg Goodridges debut still lives in my head rent free, despite being 9 at the time. My young eyes thought he was actually world class, AND he was in the Premier League 95/96 sticker album, albeit on the QPR bench and not as an actual sticker. What pedigree❤️

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, red panda said:

Sorry, this is a lie. I did not know the plan and could certainly not see it working

In what world is this a lie? 

The plan was to get rid of the wasters such as Palmer etc, high earners off the wage bill and to cut costs so we could comply with ffp whilst bringing through young players and building a culture within the club all whilst not getting relegated. 

I don't know how you didn't see how that didn't work. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nah that's just how you're framing it. 

Some of us share our concerns about how the club is run. That has nothing to do with the management of the team. 

Manning doesn't set the plan.

By the way, I'm very happy with our Fa Cup performances under Manning. 

Wow, you've finally said something not negative about Manning.

Congratulations, are you drunk?

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The plan was to get rid of the wasters such as Palmer etc, high earners off the wage bill and to cut costs so we could comply with ffp whilst bringing through young players and building a culture within the club all whilst not getting relegated. 

You said "we all".  I didn't.  So it's not we all.  Simples 🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This could help us in our negotiations with Tommy, he will know that the Scottish scouts will be here even more now to see if these two could be their future partnership.

I would have thought the chance to play at a higher level and earn more money would trump any thoughts that Scottish scouts may, or may not, be drawn to watching us because we’ve got two potential Scottish players playing for us.

I happen to believe he’ll only not sign if he’s a chance of playing at a higher level. Of course that would also impress Scottish scouts more as well. 

Edited by Ashtongreight
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So the plan was to not get relegated. 
What was the next bit? 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, MarcusX said:

I like the look of this, from the very little I’ve seen of highlights.

I said we needed a Semenyo type and a Scott type. This lad and Twine *could* be those players to an extent.

This lad with an option to buy too if he’s any good.

Agreed, I just hope he is ready for the Championship.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This could help us in our negotiations with Tommy, he will know that the Scottish scouts will be here even more now to see if these two could be their future partnership.

Plus if you watch the First Day video it’s clear they know each other (presumably from the Scottish U21s) and Tommy seems absolutely buzzing that he’s signed. It’s genuinely the happiest I’ve seen TC since AS was sold.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm baffled how anyone could not see that was the plan and that it was a well executed plan by all involved. 

I agree, they were also the targets set, which by the way were met.

My question is what is the plan now, what is the target this season?, and what is the target next?, also what do we judge success by for LM? , because from where I I’m Sat they seem to be vague and changing. 

Is the target this season top 6, top 10, top half, I’ve no idea. Apart from, its a work in progress, or words to that affect.  I’ve also got absolutely no idea what the hierarchy’s expectations are for next season. 

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

So the plan was to not get relegated. 
What was the next bit? 

Definitely not.

We were building but NP was starved of funds somewhat...We cut the wage and amortisation, stayed up, style had 3-4 phases of team tactics which finally finished with a 4-3-3 and over the last year especially improving baseline stats. 

Scott sadly had to go but things were definitely until the Autumn injury crisis trending in the right direction, injuries stalled us somewhat.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous