IGNORED

5 wins in 18 games….dreadful!

Shauntaylor85

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Ask Preston fans how to compete and beat Leeds, outclassed tonight but another plan A only performance from us under Manning. Sorry but we were a better side under Nige. I didn’t enjoy majority of the LJ era, but even he would get better results in my view. Don’t see this as progressive at all, it’s Sean O’Driscoll mark two! Not good enough! One and a half decent performances, Watford and second half at WHU. That’s it! 

Again really?

That was absolutely dreadful though and the OP is right to call out we have plan A and only plan A; a system that does not suit our squad at all. And Conway as a wide man is absolutely baffling, completely unjustifiable over-tinkering and makes me question his common sense let alone in game management to leave it so for an hour. 

Many more games like that and he’s going to lose the fan base. He’s got to move away from this system. It’s like SC dogmatically sticking with his when we came up. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

Bit of a look at me thread this one 

If you think since Cardiff away this has improved then good luck to you. 

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

There's no plan B. Rotates the same players in the same positions and that appears to be his attempt of changing it to impact a game

Yep, literally could write down his plan on a scrap piece of paper before every game. Out of his depth. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

Just because it's been said before, doesn't mean it isn't true.

It's unlikely to get better soon - Boro and Southampton could easily go the same way. Especially So'ton with the form they're in. Expect another few threads like this until we start winning again - maybe even until we're in the top six as they promised.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

It’s not better or worse. It’s just different. 

If Max wasn’t man of the match that was a cricket score. The result flattered us massively. It is worse. That’s not even really up for debate. Losing is fine, being so inept is not. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, 38MC said:

That was absolutely dreadful though and the OP is right to call out we have plan A and only plan A; a system that does not suit our squad at all. And Conway as a wide man is absolutely baffling, completely unjustifiable over-tinkering and makes me question his common sense let alone in game management to leave it so for an hour. 

This completely, what on earth was that with Wells and Conway. Both looked loss and this Joe Williams thing needs to stop, the guy was playing for a contract and now has been found out. TGH and Knight bring energy to the midfield, let’s go with a three, especially with Twine out, keep it simple. Honestly the lines on the training pitches is like a kid playing subuteo! 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

This completely, what on earth was that with Wells and Conway. Both looked loss and this Joe Williams thing needs to stop, the guy was playing for a contract and now has been found out. TGH and Knight bring energy to the midfield, let’s go with a three, especially with Twine out, keep it simple. Honestly the lines on the training pitches is like a kid playing subuteo! 

Absolute bollocks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, 38MC said:

If Max wasn’t man of the match that was a cricket score. The result flattered us massively. It is worse. That’s not even really up for debate. Losing is fine, being so inept is not. 

We got dominated under Pearson at times as well. It’s just the same now and will probably be the same for a long time. We go through good patches, average patches and bad patches and finish mid table 

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He hasn’t got the contract though so what on earth are you on about?!

Since Manning had come in we have been in relegation form points wise thank god Nigel foot us some points in the bag early or we would really be in trouble now, we should stay up but I really worry about next season Manning seams to have no plan B or the ability to change his tactics to suit the played he has 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Since Manning had come in we have been in relegation form points wise thank god Nigel foot us some points in the bag early or we would really be in trouble now, we should stay up but I really worry about next season Manning seams to have no plan B or the ability to change his tactics to suit the played he has 

Don’t think that’s true. Over the last 15 games we have been the 14th best team in the league. And we will stay up no question about that 

Edited by Leabrook

It's a pity really,the whole damn show - can't blame Manning for taking the job & wanting to test himself.

He's out,way out of his depth & barley keeping his chin above water.

Certainly concerned about next season!

I'll be surprised if he can see this year out.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

We got dominated under Pearson at times as well. It’s just the same now and will probably be the same for a long time. We go through good patches, average patches and bad patches and finish mid table 

He hasn’t got the contract though so what on earth are you on about?!

You’re right we did. And Leeds are a bloody good side and worked out high press and quick turnovers and were absolutely up the creek without a paddle. 

As said in a separate post I can accept losing, but to not change our approach in game was extremely worrying, and like I said sticking Conway out wide for an hour was beyond excuse. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

5 wins in 18....pretty much par for the course for us at this level. 

That's true but wasn't one of the reasons we were told for the management change was to break this cycle and push on to top 6, its actually gone the other way and we look weaker than before

1 minute ago, winsaw said:

Exactly, cannot believe anyone can defend it. The board made the change because they felt we should be competing at top end! Play offs mentioned, absolute joke!  

• Like 3
  • Flames 3