IGNORED

Section 82 ?

1 hour ago, marmite said:

The Lansdowns would have looked around at the full(?) stadium last night thinking everything was rosey.

I sit not far away from them and I didn't hear our fans at all last night. Leeds fans sang all night and drowned out any noise from our fans. I'm not knocking the singing section because they do their best but it doesn't travel round the ground. That's not their fault, it's a design fault and it needs changing. 

Despite people claiming Jon will listen to alternatives I think  as long as the ground is full then he and dad are happy.

3000 away fans behind the Atyeo goal is worth a goal to away teams.

I don't think it was that quiet, but away supporters always sing more than home ones - we do - and Leeds had something to sing for; all we had was attempts to inspire an inept display and the prospect of getting soaked on the walk home. Despite the numbers, Leeds were not the loudest away support we've hosted. In fact, they seemed to spend half their time obsessing about some fat bloke rather than singing about the match. 

The location of respective singers isn't helpful, I'll agree. 

Megaphone needs to go it’s pants and I would laugh so hard if I saw another team do that.

I feel like there’s a lot of ego in that corner now, everyone has to sing their new songs they’ve been making in their group chat all week. 

The gurning conductor giving everyone a death stare for not joining in with some of the chants is a bit mad too.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, marmite said:

Despite people claiming Jon will listen to alternatives I think as long as the ground is full then he and dad are happy

@marmite  As already pointed out by a number of people (including someone leading the National safe standing campaign) talks have already started

The next thing is to liaise with supporters 

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I grew up local enough and I’m sure there’s plenty of us from wiltshire on here.

My connection was built by my Dad and as I say his by his Dad (and watching city in the top division helped imagine!). I don’t have much in common with him especially now, but I also don’t have many warmer memories than going to football with him. It wasn’t something we could afford to do every week so it was usually special occasions such as birthdays etc. And still now I can’t make every game but il go to a game any chance I get wherever it is, whoever it’s against, whatever the league table looks like because watching City is special to me.

I fell in love with Bristol as a City because of my club, and in a dream world I’d come and live there but things didn’t work out that way (yet).

If you support city, you can’t really be a plastic fan. I’m talking more about so called fans of top 6 clubs 

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

It annoys me more then it proably should 😂 I'm a big beilever in supporting your local football club in the city your born in like I don't get these people who have 2 teams etc because what do you do then if city did go to the prem you can only support one of those teams playing eachother for example 

Completely agree, as much as it pains me to say this, I'd actually respect someone wearing blue and white quarters instead of a Prem side 

• Like 2

Singing section is full of selfish 18 year olds who won’t sign unless it’s their little groups songs. Countless times I’ve heard a song started and then they’ll just start singing their own song over the top of it because it’s ’banter’.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Unan said:

Singing section is full of selfish 18 year olds who won’t sign unless it’s their little groups songs. Countless times I’ve heard a song started and then they’ll just start singing their own song over the top of it because it’s ’banter’.

Me and my mates start songs when the group (s82) with the drum, starts sings that shit “Bristol City oley” song or other shit songs. We aren’t teenagers.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

@marmite  As already pointed out by a number of people (including someone leading the National safe standing campaign) talks have already started

The next thing is to liaise with supporters 

I keep saying it though Phantom, it’s ok saying they are open to ideas, liaise with supporters, but surely people need to know what the logical options are first? 

40 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Me and my mates start songs when the group (s82) with the drum, starts sings that shit “Bristol City oley” song or other shit songs. We aren’t teenagers.

Surely a good idea to start songs all the time?

That Bristol city Oley song, your right the lads by the drum sing it but you can also see other pockets of fans within the singing area like it too.

I personally don’t myself but then your unlikely to like every song sung, for example “I’m a Bristol city fan and I’m a ******* manual manipulator” is a completely stupid song, I’ve never seen the lads with the drum sing that but other groups for for example. 

For context I stand at the back of s25

46 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Surely a good idea to start songs all the time?

That Bristol city Oley song, your right the lads by the drum sing it but you can also see other pockets of fans within the singing area like it too.

I personally don’t myself but then your unlikely to like every song sung, for example “I’m a Bristol city fan and I’m a ******* manual manipulator” is a completely stupid song, I’ve never seen the lads with the drum sing that but other groups for for example. 

For context I stand at the back of s25

Football songs should be simple and loud. 
Some of the songs they come up with are dreary. And they kill the atmosphere.

At one point they were purposely signing another (crap) song, quietly.. they are like a little choir 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

At one point they were purposely signing another (crap) song, quietly.. they are like a little choir 🤦🏽‍♂️

And some were responding by singing an even worse song about Ross McCrorie...classic Bristol City all of this.

Within a small section of 1100 people, there are multiple distinctive groups all with different ideas. 

Just like it was 10+ years ago, with netters, older lot, middle group. Then later the drummer lads.

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think it was that quiet, but away supporters always sing more than home ones - we do - and Leeds had something to sing for; all we had was attempts to inspire an inept display and the prospect of getting soaked on the walk home. Despite the numbers, Leeds were not the loudest away support we've hosted. In fact, they seemed to spend half their time obsessing about some fat bloke rather than singing about the match. 

It was 

39 minutes ago, Riaz said:

To be fair I have to agree with puckle red, it’s no different at all to how it’s always been (in my lifetime)

Take the EE towards the end, you had the older lot towards the toilets that didn’t sing much

a group of younger lads in the middle

Then you had the netters

You mentioned you are not teenagers, but acting like child trying to sing over songs you don’t like? 

It’s just classic city fans, it’s almost like people dislike seeing others enjoying themselves, just let others enjoy themselves. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Can someone explain to me why the club promote this singing area when quite frankly it brings nothing to the atmosphere in the stadium ? 

That’s no dig at the lads in there doing their best but it’s dreadful. 

Many of you will remember when the East End was rammed and the noise fantastic. 

Even when we had two blocks in the Atyeo it created some serious noise. 

As sad as it is for me to admit it that lot up the road with their Blackthorn end puts us to shame.

Leeds fans tonight were seriously loud but surely that ought to be us, the whole of the Atyeo perhaps?

Stick the bloody away fans in half the top of the Lansdown ?

When Bristol lost to Harlequins in the Premiership semi finals in 2021.

They put 500 middleclass Londoners in half of the top tier of the Lansdown as you want.

They made a racket, played a massive role in Harlequins winning. Replace that with 3,000 Leeds fans and it'll be really really loud. The acoustics are actually really good.

18 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

That’s the thing 

Same boring bloody songs stuck in a corner. 

City fans can create superb atmosphere away from home. 

It’s a bit like a caged lion at AG

I didn't hear anything from Block B.

Sort it Out 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marmite said:

The Lansdowns would have looked around at the full(?) stadium last night thinking everything was rosey.

I sit not far away from them and I didn't hear our fans at all last night. Leeds fans sang all night and drowned out any noise from our fans. I'm not knocking the singing section because they do their best but it doesn't travel round the ground. That's not their fault, it's a design fault and it needs changing. 

Despite people claiming Jon will listen to alternatives I think  as long as the ground is full then he and dad are happy.

3000 away fans behind the Atyeo goal is worth a goal to away teams.

It’s crazy - whether it’s a goal or not, it’s clearly a marginal gain in favour of the away side.. so why on earth do we wilfully allow it to happen?!

2 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

To be fair I have to agree with puckle red, it’s no different at all to how it’s always been (in my lifetime)

Take the EE towards the end, you had the older lot towards the toilets that didn’t sing much

a group of younger lads in the middle

Then you had the netters

You mentioned you are not teenagers, but acting like child trying to sing over songs you don’t like? 

It’s just classic city fans, it’s almost like people dislike seeing others enjoying themselves, just let others enjoy themselves. 

I want the city crowd to be loud. And intimidating for teams to come too. 

That dreary song ain’t never going to be loud and intimidating. And most people don’t like it. We’re not the only ones singing over it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

When Bristol lost to Harlequins in the Premiership semi finals in 2021.

They put 500 middleclass Londoners in half of the top tier of the Lansdown as you want.

They made a racket, played a massive role in Harlequins winning. Replace that with 3,000 Leeds fans and it'll be really really loud. The acoustics are actually really good.

People seem clueless to this!! They were really loud. 

Away fans in the upper lansdown would be no benefit to us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Riaz said:

That dreary song ain’t never going to be loud and intimidating. And most people don’t like it. We’re not the only ones singing over it. 

Dreary songs seem to be a theme.  

Singing at football ain’t my bag these days, but the shite I hear nowadays is tragic.  Get 50 OG’s from the Reopen the EE era and it would be banging for 90 magical minutes. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Let’s be honest Riaz, when’s the last time Ashton gate has been intimidating? That has long gone, along with most grounds now, we all want that but it’s never going to happen. 

I wasn’t saying people don’t like a certain song, I was trying to say you can visually see some people do like it. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Think whenever you go away you come out without any voice just look at west ham in the cup 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Let’s be honest Riaz, when’s the last time Ashton gate has been intimidating? That has long gone, along with most grounds now, we all want that but it’s never going to happen. 

I wasn’t saying people don’t like a certain song, I was trying to say you can visually see some people do like it. 

Did you enjoy/rate the atmosphere v West Ham and to a lesser extent, v Nottingham Forest?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

38 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Away fans in the upper lansdown would be no benefit to us.

How do you figure?

Our fans behind both goals, as much standing as possible behind at least one of them.

Up in the Gods, at the side- oh they'll still be loud but their impact will be diluted without doubt.

4 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Honestly speaking, I couldn’t make the Forest game, but I was disappointed with the West Ham game but that’s just standard now really. 

I thought the West Ham game the best in a while tbh. Can depend where you are too, lots of standing in the Upper areas of the Dolman, possibly oversubscription in the Safe Standing area.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought the West Ham game the best in a while tbh. Can depend where you are too, lots of standing in the Upper areas of the Dolman, possibly oversubscription in the Safe Standing area.

Where do you watch the game from Mr P? 

From the singing section I rarely/never hear the rest of the ground , if it was noisier in other parts then that’s positive.