IGNORED

Section 82 ?

10 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

It was ridiculous what happened there, all those stewards, people abusing him.

Saw him being manhandled along the back of the Lansdown with around 10 stewards/security around him. Behind them were around 20 young Stone Island lads singing the Leeds scum chant

Modern Day Hooligans

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Won't happen. City are a cosy club with zero edge and hostility. Just nothing about them anymore. 

Agree. I think fans assume that the Lansdowns' aims for the atmosphere are the same as ours. I don't think that's the case.

I think the Landowns dream of a fun, jolly, family friendly atmosphere, with no hostility or intimidation. Almost closer to a rugby game or an NFL game in nature.

40 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

In the past it was said you can't make an atmosphere in the Atyeo.

Then during redevelopment away teams showed that wasn't true.

It's not about what stand people are in, it's about the people in the stand.

Exactly this. West Ham moaned about the difficulty of creating an atmosphere in their stadium, and then conceded that we showed them how it's done.

There's 20k home fans in AG. If you want an atmosphere, then sing. That's all it takes.

In fairness, I completely get why fans don't feel especially enthusiastic about home games. We've been an incredibly midtable side with dodgy home form for years - a perfect recipe for a stale home crowd.

• Admin

I think it's worth pointing out that S82 and the singing section are two different things 

S82 are a relatively small number of people who sell the stickers etc to raise money for the flags and take responsibility for not only setting this up hours before every kick off, to ensuring everything is collected and put away after the game 

I sometimes think it's a bit unfair those areas are known as S82, because the singing sections are a different debate 

There are people who enjoy singing and creating an atmosphere but there are also people who are there because the tickets are so cheap 

• Like 10

It was made pretty clear by JL that if there was an organised movement to change the seating/standing arrangements then it would be listened to. If we aren’t happy, it’s up to us. 

Edited by BUTOR
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I expect the singing section fell asleep like the rest of us after about 20 minutes. Absolutely nothing on the field to sing or get excited about.

It was dreadful on the pitch tonight but seemed to be matched by lack of energy off of it. S82 need to go back to songs to lift the whole crowd at times. All the different ultra songs just don't work. 

7 hours ago, 38MC said:

He’d be a very strange Leeds fan as I’ve seen him dozens of times over the past couple of years. 

Unfortunately the mentality in this city is tin pot we aren't a big footballing city ( which is proper annoying as our core fans are as passionate as they come ) its more rugby and you will find loads of bristol based Leeds United supporters there was a Leeds fan holding a sign up in the way end that said bristol based whites or something just sums up our city that people would rather support Leeds over here then us 

Edited by BCFC31

• Admin
17 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Unfortunately the mentality in this city is tin pot we aren't a big footballing city ( which is proper annoying as our core fans are as passionate as they come ) its more rugby and you will find loads of bristol based Leeds United supporters there was a Leeds fan holding a sign up in the way end that said bristol based whites or something just sums up our city that people would rather support Leeds over here then us 

That person has followed Leeds for years. 

Nothing more sinister than they moved to the area 

Also worth remembering they were the best team in the Country once so no doubt helped spread their fanbase wide 

• Admin
3 hours ago, BUTOR said:

It was made pretty clear by JL that if there was an organised movement to change the seating/standing arrangements then it would be listened to. If we aren’t happy, it’s up to us. 

@BUTOR The latest is in this thread

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

That person has followed Leeds for years. 

Nothing more sinister than they moved to the area 

Also worth remembering they were the best team in the Country once so no doubt helped spread their fanbase wide 

Very rarely do I see kids wearing bristol city shirts in this city its all Chelsea man United arsenal Tottenham etc when you go to other citys even say Coventry beileve it or not all you see is people wearing Coventry shirts 

• Admin
Just now, BCFC31 said:

Very rarely do I see kids wearing bristol city shirts in this city its all Chelsea man United arsenal Tottenham etc when you go to other citys even say Coventry beileve it or not all you see is people wearing Coventry shirts 

The joys of Sky TV armchair supporters 

Looks like i was wrong about the chap being a Leeds fan. But I wasn’t the only one.

When it looked like he said we are Leeds - everyone around me starting abusing him. Telling to go back to Leeds etc 

2 hours ago, red84 said:

It was dreadful on the pitch tonight but seemed to be matched by lack of energy off of it. S82 need to go back to songs to lift the whole crowd at times. All the different ultra songs just don't work. 

Probably an age thing but pardon my ignorance when I ask what an Ultra song is as against any others ?

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

The joys of Sky TV armchair supporters 

It annoys me more then it proably should 😂 I'm a big beilever in supporting your local football club in the city your born in like I don't get these people who have 2 teams etc because what do you do then if city did go to the prem you can only support one of those teams playing eachother for example 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 4

Just now, BCFC31 said:

On a semi related point, I flew from Heathrow the other day and the main display shirt in JD there was Leeds! What is more galling is you fly from Bristol and it’s Swansea shirts for sale!

No matter who the distributor is, Hummel, O’Neills, anyone, it shouldn’t be beyond the clubs wit to have distribution agreements with places like JD and Sport Direct to have shirts sold on the high street locally (as noted it’s not cost effective for us to run our own shop)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

That's partly because Bristol is a growing city with a number of people moving here from other areas and bringing their football allegiances, or lack of, with them. Lots of cities, including Coventry, are, by contrast, shrinking. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a semi related point, I flew from Heathrow the other day and the main display shirt in JD there was Leeds! What is more galling is you fly from Bristol and it’s Swansea shirts for sale!

No matter who the distributor is, Hummel, O’Neills, anyone, it shouldn’t be beyond the clubs wit to have distribution agreements with places like JD and Sport Direct to have shirts sold on the high street locally (as noted it’s not cost effective for us to run our own shop)

Yup spot on that is another good point made there I don't think you can even buy the city kit in any high street retailers 🤦🏻‍♂️ which again I just find it all abit strange 

19 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

It annoys me more then it proably should 😂 I'm a big beilever in supporting your local football club in the city your born in like I don't get these people who have 2 teams etc because what do you do then if city did go to the prem you can only support one of those teams playing eachother for example 

I better start following Bath then instead? And my kids won’t support City. I like the sentiment but that’s not how it works.

Truth is most fans follow family links, realistically I’m only a city fan because my dad took me as a kid - and he started going with his Dad in the 70s. With no link to Bristol why do you think they chose City as a local team to go and watch? Probably the relative success.

I don’t get the 2 club thing though, and it always amuses me how many people come out the woodwork for the big games - who spend most of their time talking and arguing about Chelsea/united/liverpool etc.

Just now, MarcusX said:

I better start following Bath then instead? And my kids won’t support City. I like the sentiment but that’s not how it works.

Truth is most fans follow family links, realistically I’m only a city fan because my dad took me as a kid - and he started going with his Dad in the 70s. With no link to Bristol why do you think they chose City as a local team to go and watch? Probably the relative success.

I don’t get the 2 club thing though, and it always amuses me how many people come out the woodwork for the big games - who spend most of their time talking and arguing about Chelsea/united/liverpool etc.

You should have some sort of real connection with the club you support.

I think clubs should be your local team. Or where you lived.

But most people just pick a top 6 side and then there excuse is their dad was also a plastic supporter 

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

We can barely stock our own club shop!

But you’re right, imagine some of our flashier shirts of late such as the keeper kits, I reckon they’d sell decent amounts somewhere like an airport as the design would appeal to people as a gift for family etc. 

Or maybe it’s just me who looks out for random nice football shirts when abroad 🤣

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

But most people just pick a top 6 side and then there excuse is their dad was also a plastic supporter 

I grew up local enough and I’m sure there’s plenty of us from wiltshire on here.

My connection was built by my Dad and as I say his by his Dad (and watching city in the top division helped imagine!). I don’t have much in common with him especially now, but I also don’t have many warmer memories than going to football with him. It wasn’t something we could afford to do every week so it was usually special occasions such as birthdays etc. And still now I can’t make every game but il go to a game any chance I get wherever it is, whoever it’s against, whatever the league table looks like because watching City is special to me.

I fell in love with Bristol as a City because of my club, and in a dream world I’d come and live there but things didn’t work out that way (yet).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Or maybe it’s just me who looks out for random nice football shirts when abroad 🤣

Ha, me too! I did some work for adidas recently and they let me chose a thank you present, so I got them to send me a Peru third colours shirt.  Might wear it down the gate when it gets warmer.

40 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I’m not sure that’s true actually - used to be the case, but I’ve seen a huge uptick in kids wearing City merchandise over the last few years. That isn’t something that can change overnight, but it’s something that is improving. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ha, me too! I did some work for adidas recently and they let me chose a thank you present, so I got them to send me a Peru third colours shirt.  Might wear it down the gate when it gets warmer.

Another memory from growing up was that my grandparents would get me a football shirt from anywhere they went on holiday so I always had a random collection and I’ve carried on the tradition.

Annoyingly my parents got rid of a lot of them when I out grew them so I’m slowly trying to re-purchase the older kits I know I used to have. As retro has made a bit of a comeback it’s made it an expensive hobby 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Is west Wiltshire too far away from Bristol for City to be my local team?

5 hours ago, phantom said:

I think it's worth pointing out that S82 and the singing section are two different things 

S82 are a relatively small number of people who sell the stickers etc to raise money for the flags and take responsibility for not only setting this up hours before every kick off, to ensuring everything is collected and put away after the game 

I sometimes think it's a bit unfair those areas are known as S82, because the singing sections are a different debate 

There are people who enjoy singing and creating an atmosphere but there are also people who are there because the tickets are so cheap 

Well said, lots of fans still don’t get the difference between S82 and the singing section. There are even some groups in the singing section that don’t like S82 at times. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just to further the point about it being the people in the stand and not the stand itself.

I went to a game at the old Ali Sami Yen stadium, Tuesday night in February and close to freezing (it was snowing 2 days later). The atmosphere was incredible, and yet half of the stadium had no roof so a lot of the noise would have been lost.

dff76bc30110f4204962ad3ec2a846c1.jpg

The Lansdowns would have looked around at the full(?) stadium last night thinking everything was rosey.

I sit not far away from them and I didn't hear our fans at all last night. Leeds fans sang all night and drowned out any noise from our fans. I'm not knocking the singing section because they do their best but it doesn't travel round the ground. That's not their fault, it's a design fault and it needs changing. 

Despite people claiming Jon will listen to alternatives I think  as long as the ground is full then he and dad are happy.

3000 away fans behind the Atyeo goal is worth a goal to away teams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marmite said:

The Lansdowns would have looked around at the full(?) stadium last night thinking everything was rosey.

I sit not far away from them and I didn't hear our fans at all last night. Leeds fans sang all night and drowned out any noise from our fans. I'm not knocking the singing section because they do their best but it doesn't travel round the ground. That's not their fault, it's a design fault and it needs changing. 

Despite people claiming Jon will listen to alternatives I think  as long as the ground is full then he and dad are happy.

3000 away fans behind the Atyeo goal is worth a goal to away teams.

Can’t be many grounds in the country where the most vocal fans are stuck in the corner.

Hopefully, the club will see sense and expand the unreserved standing across the rest of the South Stand.  Discussions have started but this needs to happen ASAP so probably looking at start of 25/26 season at best.

There will be some upheaval with fans who currently sit in the middle blocks of the South Stand but we as fans have had this previously with changes to ground etc.

I would like to see the Stand renamed in recognition of one of our former greats like the Atyeo Stand.  We may get back to some sort of traditional home end with fewer empty seats!

• Like 1