IGNORED

Section 82 ?

Can someone explain to me why the club promote this singing area when quite frankly it brings nothing to the atmosphere in the stadium ? 

That’s no dig at the lads in there doing their best but it’s dreadful. 

Many of you will remember when the East End was rammed and the noise fantastic. 

Even when we had two blocks in the Atyeo it created some serious noise. 

As sad as it is for me to admit it that lot up the road with their Blackthorn end puts us to shame.

Leeds fans tonight were seriously loud but surely that ought to be us, the whole of the Atyeo perhaps?

Stick the bloody away fans in half the top of the Lansdown ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I thought the singing section of which i hate the name was really poor. Same boring songs over and over again. Nothing new or creative it was just dire. As an old East Ender I hate what the club have done. The old East End was fantastic. Everyone felt together as one. All that has been lost because of our board. 

As you can tell i am ****** off tonight. 

Edited by T R
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, T R said:

I thought the singing section of which i hate the name was really poor. Same boring songs over and over again. Nothing new or creative it was just dire. As an old East Ender I hate what the club have done. The old East End was fantastic. Everyone felt together as one. All that has been lost because of our board. 

(omg my weekend ruined because 11 men didn't play how i wanted them to play. i am so sad).

Everyone felt together as one unless you were a "netter" and singing the songs too fast or the wrong songs and starting competing ones or you brought a drum or liked the drum or...

There were endless arguments on here about the east end just like there are about the singing section now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, T R said:

(omg my weekend ruined because 11 men didn't play how i wanted them to play. i am so sad).

That’s the thing 

Same boring bloody songs stuck in a corner. 

City fans can create superb atmosphere away from home. 

It’s a bit like a caged lion at AG

The lads with the drum. Sing some really dreary songs. 
Don’t help at all. 

3 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

What happened around 75 mins ? With someone being dragged out?

That was a few blocks over. It was a Leeds fan

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Can someone explain to me why the club promote this singing area when quite frankly it brings nothing to the atmosphere in the stadium ? 

That’s no dig at the lads in there doing their best but it’s dreadful. 

Many of you will remember when the East End was rammed and the noise fantastic. 

Even when we had two blocks in the Atyeo it created some serious noise. 

As sad as it is for me to admit it that lot up the road with their Blackthorn end puts us to shame.

Leeds fans tonight were seriously loud but surely that ought to be us, the whole of the Atyeo perhaps?

Stick the bloody away fans in half the top of the Lansdown ?

In the past it was said you can't make an atmosphere in the Atyeo.

Then during redevelopment away teams showed that wasn't true.

It's not about what stand people are in, it's about the people in the stand.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Ciderarmy23 said:

He's not a Leeds fan. He's been a season ticket holder for years and was trying to get the atmosphere going.

The guy i saw (a few blocks over) put his hands out and shouted “we are Leeds” 

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

In the past it was said you can't make an atmosphere in the Atyeo.

Then during redevelopment away teams showed that wasn't true.

It's not about what stand people are in, it's about the people in the stand.

Exactly this...nobody moaned about the atmosphere against West Ham, even West Ham fans were saying it was a proper old school atmosphere...as you say it's not the stand it's the people in it..although there wasn't much to get us on our feet tonight but that can work both ways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ciderarmy23 said:

He's not a Leeds fan. He's been a season ticket holder for years and was trying to get the atmosphere going.

How did he get chucked out for trying to start an atmosphere? Must have done something quite bad 

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Exactly this...nobody moaned about the atmosphere against West Ham, even West Ham fans were saying it was a proper old school atmosphere...as you say it's not the stand it's the people in it..although there wasn't much to get us on our feet tonight but that can work both ways.

Exactly this. The more people that sing the better the atmosphere. Pretty simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

What you say at the end is absolutely true as well.

Poor performances can make fans less likely to makes some noise, but a good atmosphere can help lift a team who are putting on a sub par display.

• Like 3

I can almost guarantee that if we put the away fans up in the top tier of the Williams stand that people would say that's where we need to be because of the sloping down roof and the away fans making loads more noise up there than the rest of the stadium.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Ciderarmy23 said:

What colour did he have on? Black Ma.strum jacket? 

The guy being led out by loads of stewards. Had blonde hair. 

I saw another guy telling everyone he was a city fan. Maybe your on about him 

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I can almost guarantee that if we put the away fans up in the top tier of the Williams stand that people would say that's where we need to be because of the sloping down roof and the away fans making loads more noise up there than the rest of the stadium.

I was in the Atyeo when Bears played Quins in the semifinal. All I can say is from experience, 750/1000 Quins fans made one hell of a racket. Times that by Leeds up there, jeez!!

34 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

That’s the thing 

Same boring bloody songs stuck in a corner. 

City fans can create superb atmosphere away from home. 

It’s a bit like a caged lion at AG

That Anis Mehmeti song sends me to sleep every single time. 

I really dislike all this borning ultra forza bs that some guy leads from a megaphone. I feel it stifles the atmosphere. 

It's great away from home cos we don't get all that boring forza ultra crap. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Riaz said:

The guy being led out by loads of stewards. Had blonde hair. 

I saw another guy telling everyone he was a city fan. Maybe your on about him 

He’d be a very strange Leeds fan as I’ve seen him dozens of times over the past couple of years. 

Edited by 38MC

2 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

I saw a Leeds fan being dragged out at the end screaming that he wasn’t a Leeds fan (even though he obviously was).  There were so many Leeds fans mixed in the home end tonight.  No one seemed to care. 

He's a 100% City fan and was with his kids and partner. 

1 minute ago, Graham76 said:

I saw a Leeds fan being dragged out at the end screaming that he wasn’t a Leeds fan (even though he obviously was).  There were so many Leeds fans mixed in the home end tonight.  No one seemed to care. 

It's really strange that we as a fanbase seemed intent on not letting west ham come here and have a nice time but we seemed to let Leeds fans quite frankly take the piss tonight all night.

Leeds fans in the home end, Leeds fans along Ashton road after the game trying to pick fights with city fans.

How have we gone from one to the other?

• Like 1