IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

He’s played well in the last couple of games and is one of our few scorers. If we don’t give our front 3 any quality then anyone up there would struggle.

Should have been Sykes and swap with Mehmeti IMO.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Anyone catch McCrorie berating Mehmeti for what I assume was not showing for the ball? Been far too narrow all half.

Williams & Knight miles off it.

Yep totally noticeable - had picked up on Anis’s poor position early. I’m assuming he was pulling inside to allow Ross the space to run into, but that only needs to happen when Ross doesn’t have the ball. He bollocked him and quite rightly before he swapped wings

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

we still have no creativity when it comes to breaking down teams with numbers behind the ball.

We might have.. but sat on bench in Twine and ‘Dire’. As you say same old when team get behind the ball let us play in front off them. The Saints came here to win and allowed us to ‘play’

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Never learn. A couple of good results and you are looking up. Completely forgetting we will then play like that against an awful team like QPR. 

Big second half needed. 

Yep had to laugh at the play off talk after the Saints game. City will never change

Perhaps not being on TV is the issue ? 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Exactly and I'm yet to see a manager who seems to be able to solve that issue. Peason struggled with it too hence we were set up to counter attack and hope to pinch the goals. Manning seems to change what he wants from us week in week out, sometimes it's counter football, sometimes it's possession but the one thing we struggle with are teams who sit back, we still have no creativity when it comes to breaking down teams with numbers behind the ball.

Indeed, but I would also suggest that against Southampton we went back to the more aggressive football our squad can play, and look for fast transition. Almost all non. parachute payment clubs miss a bit of magic, so if you let the opposition have time, they all reset into a defensive block, and you do not have players with enough magic dust to break that down. So it suits us, certainly, to be quick in transition and counter. You have to be strong at counter-attacking these days (look at the Prem it is ruthless) and we have players to do that. In that half, we went back to being ponderous again, and it just does not suit . I hope we step on the gas (pun intended) second half and get QPR under more pressure much faster. 

• Like 2
Just now, Northern Red said:

Bet you didn't post anything to counter it at the time though? Far easier to wait until we're losing so you can gloat.

Sod off mate, it's not gloating. I enjoyed the Saints game a lot and liked tonnes of positive posts about our performance. Seen it all before with City though.

Why do we fans put ourselves through this season after depressing season

Wake them up Manning and earn your corn.  No excuses.  This isn’t the Nige or Cotts era where we didn’t have enough players.

Sort yourself and the players out Manning or you are back in the fans’ doghouse

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We lack mental resilience. As soon as we create a fleeting opportunity we throw it.......

They have been poor.....we have sadly matched that level. Need to be more progressive and forward looking....their aim is to nullify the game.....we have a mountain to climb now against a team that will park the bus....no tippy tappy sh1t please.....hard , fast and aggressive offensive play (and not to switch off at the back) - can't take 3 passes yo do what once clinical one would achieve. 

Subs on 60 for me....assuming we don't concede within the first 10 of the restart. Jeez....not meaning to be negative...but all looks that way. 

On a positive....we are having some success in creating chances going down the left....need to keep tapping that. 

• Like 1
Just now, Son of Fred said:

OTIB meltdown incoming tonight -

Think I'll give it a side step 😆

I don't think so, but that half was far from our best.

Look at the bench today, when in the last 2 years did we not have a youth team player (or 4) filling out the numbers? We have options and high level options . We will be much better second half. We have superstar Lionel Twine to come on, and we are surely going to see Sykes. QPR are there for beating.