IGNORED

Positives from today

GrahamC

If I was George Tanner I’d be thinking that was a very good one to miss & I’d expect to start the next game.

Cam Pring same thing..

Mark Sykes is available again.

A free week.

That’s it really.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

There weren’t any positives today was typical City. Two very decent wins followed by a performance like today.

What is about team below us that are desperate for points that City seem to lose to?

As expected QPR stopped us getting wide and limited our midfield options and we just couldn’t find a way to break them down. I don’t recall Begovic making a save. It was all very disappointing………:disapointed2se:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If I was George Tanner I’d be thinking that was a very good one to miss & I’d expect to start the next game.

Cam Pring same thing..

Mark Sykes is available again.

A free week.

That’s it really.

I liked the new kit and badge. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There weren’t any positives today was typical City. Two very decent wins followed by a performance like today.

What is about team below us that are desperate for points that City seem to lose to?

As expected QPR stopped us getting wide and limited our midfield options and we just couldn’t find a way to break them down. I don’t recall Begovic making a save. It was all very disappointing………:disapointed2se:

He made one save from a shot straight at him from Mehmeti first half and that was the end of his exertions

Shirt was nice

Robins tv was honest

Ends there doesn't it?

We fell back into the ideology of doesn't work with this squad football. And got progressively worse by doing it badly.

We were out coached: (it's ok to admit that sometimes) why.

A. If we we were leggy, well that's no excuse. Been hearing all week about the new strength in depth. Leggy was a choice with all the modern data available.

B. QPR begged Manning to play to his patience and chess ideology....and he did. Energy gone, in their faces gone, chess board on the floor gone.

Take the lessons and be better 

And as for the players, they just weren't at it. It was almost as if they believed their own hype a little bit. That because we were better , the better quality would shine eventually.

Well it didn't, we allowed a team there for the taking to grow in confidence, and earn a comfortable win 

Take the lesson and be better

Tuesday was why you watch football, today was wondering why you bother sometimes. if you have your eyes on the playoffs you just can't be that extreme that often.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Other positive. I dont have to see that kit again. Embarrassingly tinpot to celebrate winning a game 50 years ago with a kit. Winning a league title, cup etc, absolutely. But we are very tinpot tbf!

I like the kit. If I buy one I’ll never need to buy a rubbish kit preseason again. 

However I do somewhat agree with your comment. We once beat Leeds in a Cup Tie 50 years ago does rather highlight who we are! 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I didn’t.

Hope we never do these silly ‘one off’ kits again.

We always lose.

😂

Didn’t against Fulham.

However we weren’t allowed to watch football in person for about 16 months after that game..