IGNORED

Magnanimous Ian Gay!!

JP Hampton

• Admin
56 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why are the players at entirely at fault for the inconsistencies? Nothing to do with the inconsistent game plans etc, it's all to do with the players of course.

Hang on, Manning was brought in to get the best out of THIS SQUAD of players, so why does he need half of a team in signings? Why are we constantly over looking that issue?

The performance was not acceptable. Some home truths do need to be spoken and that includes that rubbish tactics and game plan. To apportion the entire blame on the players is completely unjust.

So his view is that Sykes and Pring were not fit? which we all agree with, but doesn't criticise Manning for selecting unfit players. Classic Ian.

One minute he says on the pod that all clubs have 3-5 players out at any one time but now he's saying we have an injury crisis? Which one is it? Surely he's not using injuries as an excuse for LM?

Why is he scared that our fans will be listened to? Why should we not be listened to? It's our club. We pay to go and watch us etc so why shouldn't we have a voice? Or is it because the voices that are speaking do not agree with his agenda? Why does he think that the only voice that matters is his own?

He's concerned about our technical abilities etc but once again absorbs our 'on the grass' head coach of any blame.

Complete total bs. The one thing our players have done is buy in to it. The players have been nothing but professional. They work incredibly hard in training, they have been open to all the information and as the club have said they have been lining up outside Mannings office to learn even more.

But once again, it's the players at fault!

Including the ridiculous suggesting about Pep is done to protect LM. Pep would get the best out of these players because he wouldn't give them flawed game plans, he would have a plan b and he'd be able to motivate them.

As Ian previously said, if you can't change the people, change the people - that's why it's time to not change the players, but to change the head coach. If the players have suddenly became crap, that's down to him and his methods. The only person to blame for that is LM.

The guy is all over the place, he has zero credibility and has lost all objectivity simply because he can't stand the thought of being wrong. 

So to summarise it's all Mannings fault and the players are not to blame in anyway at all? 

You've made alot of assumptions above about players and tactics etc that are purely based on your opinion which is clouding your judgement and you are believing it to be fact 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I really don’t get how one of the most negative fans of all time (years of listening to the moans on radio Bristol) is suddenly refusing to criticise this new regime. I don’t get it at all, has always wanted every manager sacked no? Clearly mates with someone high up now. 

He reminds me of a guy I used to know and sit by at home games. He’d slag Marlon Pack off every game. Then one day he bumped into Pack in a coffee shop and they had a 5 min chat. Pack was apparently a very nice guy. From that day, every game after that this guy praised Pack and said how important he was. Ian Gay is backing Manning because he chats to Tinnion 

• Like 2

• Admin
On 18/02/2024 at 12:45, phantom said:

Clearly inspired you to write another post about him 

Why not contact Ian on X etc so he can reply? 

We haven't banned him from here so he's perfectly capable of responding should he wish.

He's currently become one of the most recognised opinion posters on social media and it's natural to discuss what he says (and why he may hold those beliefs) on here. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

So to summarise it's all Mannings fault and the players are not to blame in anyway at all? 

You've made alot of assumptions above about players and tactics etc that are purely based on your opinion which is clouding your judgement and you are believing it to be fact 

To counter that I'd say that Ian Gay and Liam Manning have firmly blamed the players entirely. 

That's their opinion which I don't agree with. I've provided my opinion to add some balance. My opinion is my reality. Its cool if others agree and it's also cool if they don't. 

Their opinion is not fact and neither is mine. However I have questioned is it possible to be blaming the players when the head coach fields two players that are clearly unfit? That is quite factual. 

It's my opinion that the game plan was entirely wrong over the past two games. What we know is that we have a honest group of pros. We know we have a better team than QPR and Sheffield Wed so it's only right to question why we lost to both of them. 

These honest pros were thrown under the bus by Manning in his interviews in my opinion. 

Ultimately tho its football. If players are not motivated and can't get the basics right, that falls on the manager right? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the Ian Gay front one thing.

It is excellent I should add that @headhunter @Curr Avon and anyone else who appears on FBC come on here and can debate and defend their points they may make on here or the Podcast.

What Ian Gay does is up to him but definite credit to those who do that.

Well said ,and quite right 

Imagine if IG was on here mind 🤣

Probably need it’s own sub forum 🤣 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He reminds me of a guy I used to know and sit by at home games. He’d slag Marlon Pack off every game. Then one day he bumped into Pack in a coffee shop and they had a 5 min chat. Pack was apparently a very nice guy. From that day, every game after that this guy praised Pack and said how important he was. Ian Gay is backing Manning because he chats to Tinnion 

I still recall a young(ish) fan who was always asking players for kit, some who kindly obliged, then he’d be slagging them off two weeks later.

39 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I can’t remember him asking for solutions before, almost like he thinks he’s part of the staff

Because he can only come up with solutions that centre on changing the eleven or the formation…”here’s a team that would’ve done better than the one he picked”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still recall a young(ish) fan who was always asking players for kit, some who kindly obliged, then he’d be slagging them off two weeks later.

Because he can only come up with solutions that centre on changing the eleven or the formation…”here’s a team that would’ve done better than the one he picked”

I do think we would have done better if we didn't play two unfit players. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Well said ,and quite right 

Imagine if IG was on here mind 🤣

Probably need it’s own sub forum 🤣 

As Bristol Boy he was miles ahead at the top of the leaderboard when he stopped posting and iirc remained there for a number of years before being overtaken.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Liam could do a lot worse than simply pick up his twitter feed every Thursday / Friday 🤣

Krause can have a couple of days golf 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Krause can have a couple of days golf 

I have absolutely no idea what this guy does here. I can only assume he sounds his days at LA golf club. 

Danny Wilson was let go because of a difference of opinion about us employing a psychologist and here's Manning employing analysts that seemingly have very little impact. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I have absolutely no idea what this guy does here. I can only assume he sounds his days at LA golf club. 

Danny Wilson was let go because of a difference of opinion about us employing a psychologist and here's Manning employing analysts that seemingly have very little impact. 

I would say he’s actually very , crucially important to LM , Gull

Liams very much a prep man and to do significant analysis for upcoming opponents , prepare clips for LM , players etc  is I would think a fair bit of work

Remenber too that Krause then goes out on the grass and has a fair part in match prep , walk thros in game plan etc 

I can see the thought / sense and potential benefits in that

Any debate about preparation , potential ‘over preparation’ , game plans , etc etc is maybe left for another day 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Liams very much a prep man and to do significant analysis for upcoming opponents , prepare clips for LM , players etc  is I would think a fair bit of work

Remenber too that Krause then goes out on the grass and has a fair part in match prep , walk thros in game plan etc 

Any debate about preparation , potential ‘over preparation’ , game plans , etc etc is maybe left for another day 

Yes, benefits to being able to prep for a match and see the players train it in on the grass.  Same for “medical” people to be observing the training, not just in the gym / medical room.  Guess that’s why the medical guy leads the warm up?

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Absolutely. LM couldn't do the job in the way that he does it without him. Maybe I should be calling for Krause to be sacked instead 🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the Ian Gay front one thing.

It is excellent I should add that @headhunter @Curr Avon and anyone else who appears on FBC come on here and can debate and defend their points they may make on here or the Podcast.

What Ian Gay does is up to him but definite credit to those who do that.

He could quite easily start posting on otib again but refuses to do so. 

Two reasons I reckon - if, as claimed by some here he’s gets inside information from BT he can hardly post what he’s heard as it would compromise his source - he wouldn’t want to risk that.

Secondly, he thinks we’re all tossers on here having been called out some years ago which of course dented his ego.

Its a pity that he doesn’t post on here tho as he’d make some interesting contributions.