IGNORED

Magnanimous Ian Gay!!

JP Hampton

10 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

As always a good podcast. Echoing much of what fans have been saying on here, but what amazes me is how Ian is now able to be so reasonable about LM failings, having never been so with NP. It smacks of being so hypocritical having a go at fans who are moaning about yesterday. 
 He cuts LM so much slack. He mentions allowing him preparation time, the calibre of the players he’s got and “looking in his rear view mirror” about yesterdays game, in other words putting it behind us (which is fair enough but let’s have that across the board).
  He actually said that he was fed up with fans, who were exalting LM after the wins against Boro’ and S’Hampton and are now saying after yesterday’s game makes him the worst manager.  Said he can’t do tricks etc. Never heard him being so supportive of NP or allowing any of the very real challenges that NP faced as an excuse for not doing better.

This change of face seems to have come about since his ITK status, maybe coincidence?

Makes me laugh 😂

Why don't you set up a podcast which is more balanced?

• Haha 1

I wrote on another thread that Ian got his obligatory dig at Pearson in early this week. Yes Ian is regarding Mr Pearson as @Robbored was regarding Gary Johnson. All very annoying so only watched the first 15 or so this week!

The youngster with @headhunter was very good and I would expect to see more of him as he was clear about what he saw and thought and I think Spot on! Also he is not weighed down by having to justify previous statements!!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Has his openness to be reasonable coincided with the timeframe since he’s apparently been “in the know”? Just wondered if someone in the club has offered small nuggets of information in return for not going too over the top with views that the club would not like being pushed onto fans? 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's his opinion, no big deal 

Not sure why it annoys you so much 

Didn’t say it annoyed. Just pointing out the hypocrisy. 

16 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not sure there’s any need for this imo.  

Fair enough. I did. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Why don't you set up a podcast which is more balanced?

Because it’s already balanced by Mark Dave and Tom who was on today. As said in the opening line it’s a good podcast and I wouldn’t do anything like as good a job, that doesn’t mean I can’t comment on an individual’s double standards. 

Even headhunter mentioned towards the end of the podcast, that Ian would already have his excuses for LM ready about the next game. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Brian Tinnion is feeding him info either directly or indirectly.  Directly is my guess.  And it’s not unusual for clubs to do this either, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes to try and offset some flak.

Is this true or a wind up ?

Just now, Davefevs said:

Brian Tinnion is feeding him info either directly or indirectly.  Directly is my guess.  And it’s not unusual for clubs to do this either, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes to try and offset some flak.

Oh that explains it! All the time Ian says nice things about the bloke he will get little nuggets from Tinman 

Brilliant! You couldn’t make it up!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a tactic that’s been used across industries and companies for years. A good way of tempering reactions through media etc. 

• Like 3

To be honest, you get arseholes who overstate their importance and present themselves as “the voice” of a group of people in every walk of life. 

Everyone knows that Ian Gay does not in any possible way represent the voice of Bristol City fans and everyone knows he will take every opportunity to pretend that he does.

The more publicity he gets, the more he will do it. So the obvious answer is to ignore him.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Exactly, totally pointless otherwise. They’re made to inspire thought and commentary. 

Clearly inspired you to write another post about him 

Why not contact Ian on X etc so he can reply? 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

“Another”?

Because I’ve written it here and this is a perfectly good platform thanks. Do you really think he doesn’t read things here? 

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I was the club, getting a bit of stick from fans, who would I choose (against my better judgement) - a Nige-hater with a big opinion.  Ian fits the bill perfectly to be a LM / Club advocate.

If he believes anything Tinnion says then he's a fool

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

“Another”?

Because I’ve written it here and this is a perfectly good platform thanks. Do you really think he doesn’t read things here? 

Yeah, we've already got threads dissecting his opinions. He's perfectly entitled to say what he wants

Utterly pointless referencing someone who I know for a fact doesn't post on or read OTIB 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Ha ha

Good Luck with that

He blocks anyone who doesn’t lick his .......

Embarrassing that we have him on social media churning out his arrogant ****

Not a great advert for the Club or fanbase

• Like 8

• Admin
1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ha ha

Good Luck with that

He blocks anyone who doesn’t lick his .......

Embarrassing that we have him on social media churning out his arrogant ****

Not a great advert for the Club or fanbase

I'm curious if you dislike what he says why you haven't blocked him? 

I'm not sure why you feel embarrassed, he's hardly a voice for the club or fanbase, sadly social media is full of people promoting their own views whether we agree with them or not 

• Like 1