IGNORED

Magnanimous Ian Gay!!

JP Hampton

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Typed a bit more above.  No, if you DM me I’ll happily give you some other reasons.

Thanks Dave, reading between the lines I sort of sort of guess what’s being implied, besides i don’t know what DM means or how to do it !!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Thanks Dave, reading between the lines I sort of sort of guess what’s being implied, besides i don’t know what DM means or how to do it !!!!!

You can DM (Direct Message) another poster, click on their user name and a message option appears…a bit like sending an email.  But yeah, you’ve probably got the gist already!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You can DM (Direct Message) another poster, click on their user name and a message option appears…a bit like sending an email.  But yeah, you’ve probably got the gist already!

Thanks Dave, learn something new every day, I’ll eventually get the hang of all this new technology stuff 🙂

Well, I think the podcast is top drawer myself. Love the mix of personalities and differing opinions.

Lummydaze, if they were all the same sort of characters expressing the same views it would be as dull as Match of the Day.

It's my must-listen nowadays for post-match analysis. Ian reminds me of Roy Keene. Well-chaired and Tom is a great addition. If only the team could provide such high level entertainment and intelligence on a consistent basis!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've never understood these fan podcasts. 

Why do fans, want to watch and listen to other fans pretending to be television soccer pundits? It's cringe worthy..

And then put them on a pedestal like they are something special and more knowledgeable. When they obviously aren't. It's just personal views like any of us. 

All seems a bit weird to me. 

The forum is one thing...this however is just blokes playing at being TV pundits. It's exactly the same type of conversations you have with mates at work or down the pub. 

Never understood why anyone would give it their time, and then want to comment about their views. Like these people's views are important. 

I find it very odd. 

Maybe I'm in the minority...🤷

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Why do fans, want to watch and listen to other fans pretending to be television soccer pundits? It's cringe worthy..

And then put them on a pedestal like they are something special and more knowledgeable. When they obviously aren't. It's just personal views like any of us. 

The forum is one thing...this however is just blokes playing at being TV pundits. It's exactly the same type of conversations you have with mates at work or down the pub. 

Never understood why anyone would give it their time, and then want to comment about their views. Like these people's views are important. 

I find it very odd. 

Not necessarily

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well, I think the podcast is top drawer myself. Love the mix of personalities and differing opinions.

Lummydaze, if they were all the same sort of characters expressing the same views it would be as dull as Match of the Day.

It's my must-listen nowadays for post-match analysis. Ian reminds me of Roy Keene. Well-chaired and Tom is a great addition. If only the team could provide such high level entertainment and intelligence on a consistent basis!

Thanks Brian!

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t!  But he replies to mine.

This is really kettle...calling... I dont know who Gray is and like most other City fans dont listen to podcasts by individual people. I talk/message City opinions amongst a set of people i've known are good, die-hard City fans for many a decade. Only recently joined OTIB

BUT for some people to criticize an individual for expressing an opinion when about a dozen people on OTIB post so regularly they must mistakenly think that others want to constantly hear their opinions, is quite weird.

Also, people banging on about "Nige this Nige that" have totally missed the plot. Our club didnt rate him in '22 nor '23, most fans didnt like his football nor his results over 30 months and are mostly pleased we have moved on to someone different. And, as for a tiny minority of City fans who seem to think they are ITK and cool by knocking one of the Club's all time legends,Tinman, they should ask themselves what they have done make true fans happy? 

i love the variety of opinions on here but knocking fellow social media fans like you are better than them is really childish. Hopefully content stays grown up

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 13

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

I find it very odd. 

Feel exactly the same.... thanks for putting it so well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

This is really kettle...calling... I dont know who Gray is and like most other City fans dont listen to podcasts by individual people. I talk/message City opinions amongst a set of people i've known are good, die-hard City fans for many a decade. Only recently joined OTIB

BUT for some people to criticize an individual for expressing an opinion when about a dozen people on OTIB post so regularly they must mistakenly think that others want to constantly hear their opinions, is quite weird.

Also, people banging on about "Nige this Nige that" have totally missed the plot. Our club didnt rate him in '22 nor '23, most fans didnt like his football nor his results over 30 months and are mostly pleased we have moved on to someone different. And, as for a tiny minority of City fans who seem to think they are ITK and cool by knocking one of the Club's all time legends,Tinman, they should ask themselves what they have done make true fans happy? 

i love the variety of opinions on here but knocking fellow social media fans like you are better than them is really childish. Hopefully content stays grown up

Bollocks.

I don't smell gas, I smell ******* Bristol Sport!!!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

I find it very odd. 

Yep, exactly the same here. Haven't listened to one for a long time now... same as those folk who film themselves watching a match for their reactions. WTF? Get out into the fresh air, pleaaaaase!!

(That said, I'm recording the Payner and Ricko podcast on Wednesday night. That's different though as it's a general podcast as opposed to a club-concentrated one).  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

And, as for a tiny minority of City fans who seem to think they are ITK and cool by knocking one of the Club's all time legends,Tinman, they should ask themselves what they have done make true fans happy? 

I dunno. Maybe not failed spectacularly as a manager, not having been very well paid for being a league one footballer then not bullshitting the fans regularly? I can say I’ve not done that and I’d imagine it makes fans happier not doing that than the “legend” Tinnion has.

And even if you like him as a player, then that shouldn’t give him a pass in his current role.

knocking fellow social media fans like you are better than them is really childish. Hopefully content stays grown up

You’re a poo poo face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 3

56 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

The win ratio is exactly the same as NP, or near enough...for which some criticised him.

Is the football discernibly better? Some underlying metrics maybe, some are worse and on balance it feels not too dissimilar.

We were on an upward trajectory, perhaps a slow one but an upward one all the same under NP and his team. Can we say the same under Manning? Who I support btw but it feels like not much has changed and if anything we are stagnating a bit.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

28 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

but knocking fellow social media fans like you are better than them is really childish.

Zero irony. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, spudski said:

I find it very odd. 

I don't have many City supporting mates, mainly Prem glory chasers, so I appreciate being able to listen to their views. Also passes the time nicely driving to and from work 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I think you’ve completed missed the point of the part of the discussion we are having.  But hey-ho!

• Like 1

You can’t make this place up! It’s days like these that stop me from just jacking it in. Posters who rarely post at all jumping in is great! I wonder what key words trigger Bristol Sports automatic response software. 😂 

What do people not get about offering and discussing opinions. Ian is a controversial figure for sure but he has so often made the podcast and they/he thrive on the attention/hits. 

The difference currently with FBC is it is so screamingly obvious that the narrative is skewed in favor of Mr Manning as it was skewed against Mr Pearson.

That will take its toll eventually boys! 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And, as for a tiny minority of City fans who seem to think they are ITK and cool by knocking one of the Club's all time legends,Tinman, they should ask themselves what they have done make true fans happy? 

I dunno. Maybe not failed spectacularly as a manager, not having been very well paid for being a league one footballer then not bullshitting the fans regularly? I can say I’ve not done that and I’d imagine it makes fans happier not doing that than the “legend” Tinnion has.

And even if you like him as a player, then that shouldn’t give him a pass in his current role.

knocking fellow social media fans like you are better than them is really childish. Hopefully content stays grown up

You’re a poo poo face.

More BS from BS possibly.

Not blowing smoke up anyones ass, but im glad some people more knowledgable than me take the time to post insightful stuff on here, which unlike podcasts are open to immediate challenge.

I see nobody on here seeking to become a celebrity.

Lastly, "all time legend" ******* tinpot if a primarily 3rd tier baller is regarded as a legend and as you say wtf does that have to do with his role now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It's exactly the same type of conversations you have with mates at work or down the pub. 

But that's the whole bloody point. I set up FBC in June 2020 in the middle of lockdown because we couldn't do that!

The fact that now over 1000 people listen per episode and since we've gone on You Tube a similar number watch our "faces for radio" panel, shows there is a market for our output.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

But that's the whole bloody point. I set up FBC in June 2020 in the middle of lockdown because we couldn't do that!

The fact that now over 1000 people listen per episode and since we've gone on You Tube a similar number watch our "faces for radio" panel, shows there is a market for our output.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Exactly Dave.

As much as Ian irritates the shit out of me sometimes you carry on!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Brian Tinnion is feeding him info either directly or indirectly.  Directly is my guess.  And it’s not unusual for clubs to do this either, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes to try and offset some flak.

If I was the club, getting a bit of stick from fans, who would I choose (against my better judgement) - a Nige-hater with a big opinion.  Ian fits the bill perfectly to be a LM / Club advocate.

Aside from Qatar paying supporting groups to go to their tournament, when does this happen.

sounds like conspiracy bullshite

edited for further bewilderment, are you serious 

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Yeah, we've already got threads dissecting his opinions. He's perfectly entitled to say what he wants

Utterly pointless referencing someone who I know for a fact doesn't post on or read OTIB 

Wouldn't that kinda include players and management?  We discuss them, so why not people putting themselves forward to offer a very public opinion?