IGNORED

repainting the Lansdown Stand

Antman

The steel work above all stands bar the Dolman is dirty and needs a wash and a paint job. I never understand why it doesn't get done every summer. And the ground level panelling around the outside of the Lansdown is poor also, featuring areas where you can see they've scoured off marks etc. Inside the ground Ashton Gate looks impressive, outside, you see how a still impressive stadium upgrade can be done on the relative cheap in comparison with something like Spurs'new stadium.

I take pride in our ground. It does matter.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Antman said:

So do we think they factored in access to repaint the steelwork on the stand? i noticed that bits were looking a little shabby already.

i wondered how they would approach the overhanging steels?

And perhaps painting the roof cladding on the Dolman aswell whilst they are at it, still amazed that this was not done when the rebuild was complete to be honest.

Any aerial photo you see of the ground the faded Dolman roof looks ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

And perhaps painting the roof cladding on the Dolman aswell whilst they are at it, still amazed that this was not done when the rebuild was complete to be honest.

Any aerial photo you see of the ground the faded Dolman roof looks ridiculous. 

I think they did this once, if memory serves. It might have been one poor coat though as its definitely faded now. The back of the Dolman still looks fresh.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Waste of money, thousand other things to invest in before doing it 

Not really - how the ground looks and general upkeep are all part of the ‘soft power’ a club can display. Little things like that may subconsciously make the difference between a player signing, a sponsor or investment. Details matter. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

The steel work above all stands bar the Dolman is dirty and needs a wash and a paint job. I never understand why it doesn't get done every summer. And the ground level panelling around the outside of the Lansdown is poor also, featuring areas where you can see they've scoured off marks etc. Inside the ground Ashton Gate looks impressive, outside, you see how a still impressive stadium upgrade can be done on the relative cheap in comparison with something like Spurs'new stadium.

Yeah, why doesn't our £55m stadium rebuild look the same as the £1 billion Spurs stadium. It's ridiculous!

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

Looks like surface rust on the steel beams In the south stand even the top of atyeo looks dirty was only saying this at the weekend. It will need regular maintenance because of where the stadium sits next to river traffic trees it all adds up even the wildlife and doesn't help it's all white shows up more than ever.

• Like 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

As such? Remember it’s Ashton gate limited who own it and not the club, what else in the stadium needs work do you think instead?

Well I hate to break it to Robbored but I know the club have been getting quotes to improve the PA system

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really - how the ground looks and general upkeep are all part of the ‘soft power’ a club can display. Little things like that may subconsciously make the difference between a player signing, a sponsor or investment. Details matter. 

I'm not sure a dirty roof is going to be one bit of concern to anyone

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed although it seems to have done Birmingham little harm with their frankly ludicrous sponsorship deal, mix of Base Fee and incentives. :whistle2:

As far as I'm aware St Andrews isn't exactly a dazzling ground.

(£5.5m per year in annual naming rights across the Stadium, training ground and I forget what else.

(Plus some weird incentives about social media and League position).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous