IGNORED

Why hasn’t Manning been sacked?

Redland

22 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And would anybody trust the people making the decision?

That’s the point, isn’t it? I repeatedly say I think Pep would fail under the Lansdowns. They are the problem and nothing will change until they and Tinnion go. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Redland said:

There is no way that this run of results would’ve been acceptable under Nigel Pearson. After all we are told we have a squad which should be in the top six and we are currently 12th and falling. Only nine points above the relegation places with two defeats in succession against bottom three sides. At this rate even if we avoid relegation this season I can see us being in a relegation battle next season, particularly if we lose the experience of James and Williams in midfield. It seems that there is one rule for NP and the another rule for the replacement.

We went on some poor runs under Pearson, tbh, no matter who manages us, we are a false hope club. We win a few and everyone thinks this is it, then we lose to two teams we expect to beat. We've been doing this since, 2016, we are probably the most inconsistent across all 4 leagues! Doesn't make a blind bit of difference who is the manager / coach!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Manning has to stay until the season. But at this moment, my anger is with those above him.

He doesn't if the run is bad enough.

Pearson got a pass due to the diabolical hand he was played with regards to squad culture, Manning inherited the precise opposite.

• Like 2

I generally like us to stick with Managers and give them time.

But I'll happily put my kneck on the line, Manning is not the one. In an ideal world he'd be gone tonight.

The problem being with that is, we get Tinnion and JL picking the next one, and around we go again.

Nige had 2 spells at Leicester...would he?!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Puckle_red said:

I generally like us to stick with Managers and give them time.

But I'll happily put my kneck on the line, Manning is not the one. In an ideal world he'd be gone tonight.

The problem being with that is, we get Tinnion and JL picking the next one, and around we go again.

Nige had 2 spells at Leicester...would he?!

If I was JL I'd sack Tinnion, get a proper CEO in - and get Horseman back into the club under Tinns former role ASAP.

Then make the overtures to get NP back. Olive branch etc.

If that fails - make him a consultant on all footballing decisions off the book going forward.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Is it?

When Pearson went, we had 18 points from 14 (which I make around 1.28 per game)

We now have 44 from 34 (which I make around 1.29 per game)

Without a big chunk of our first team.

We had to play Sykes as a left back and a kid with Zero senior appearances at RB at Cardiff. Conway returned to the bench for the first time in months, wasn't Vyner out too? Different scenarios, Manning has a strong Bristol City squad to pick from and has done since being here. 

• Like 12

Also, be careful what you wish for.

If they thought we've made a mistake and sacked on Monday, you can bet your life Tinnion and Lansdown would bring back Lee Johnson until the end of the season, and we would probably win a few and they would give him a second crack at it. There's no chance they would go back for Pearson, or an old head on wise shoulders. If they give Manning the boot, they would bring back LJ or make Andy King player manager, so just be careful what you wish for. 

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hang on, he was contracted to Oxford so we would have had to pay compensation to them and improve the wages that Manning and his staff were on so not like employing an out of work guy. 
Easy? Easier than trying to persuade someone with an established record of success to come here I am certain. 

By cheap option, meant his wages, compared to a proven championship manager 

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think where I'm at with this is that we're in danger of the good culture that was in place of eroding. Signs of that already. Players have lost confidence. We know those two things are really difficult to change.

I personally think that continuing to back a horse with 3 legs is quite ridiculous. 

Rather than having some blind faith that it might work out we should probably look to take the bull by the horns and be pro active. 

IF a change was made now it would give a new man time to evaluate the squad etc. 

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Manning deciding the futures of players like James etc.

Tinnion will be deciding players futures.

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Indeed. He's allowed these idiots to run the club. 

But Lansdown Snr has shown in the past he's the only one who's capable of making the right calls (sometimes) 

Didn't SL previously admit he had to come back to the club and sort out the Holden mess before he then appointed Pearson?

Sounds like he needs to do the same again!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

We had to play Sykes as a left back and a kid with Zero senior appearances at RB at Cardiff. Conway returned to the bench for the first time in months, wasn't Vyner out too? Different scenarios, Manning has a strong Bristol City squad to pick from and has done since being here. 

Vyner, Tanner, Williams, King...

Just from memory, there were more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Yes, think Tanner and McCrorie were both out for something between a month and 6 weeks simultaneously.

We played in the back 4, to expand your point..(Not Matty he was injured).

James Dickie Pring Sykes

That was our backline.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Also, be careful what you wish for.

If they thought we've made a mistake and sacked on Monday, you can bet your life Tinnion and Lansdown would bring back Lee Johnson until the end of the season, and we would probably win a few and they would give him a second crack at it. There's no chance they would go back for Pearson, or an old head on wise shoulders. If they give Manning the boot, they would bring back LJ or make Andy King player manager, so just be careful what you wish for. 

Which is why I wish for the Lansdowns and Tinnion to disappear.

3 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Didn't SL previously admit he had to come back to the club and sort out the Holden mess before he then appointed Pearson?

Sounds like he needs to do the same again!!

Yes that's what I was alluding to. Steve takes a back seat these days but at times he does get back involved. If I'm Steve I'm on the blower this evening and sorting this mess out! 

4 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Cardiff was utterly ridiculous. But we were missing 5 or 6 players for much of the first part of the season and we've been missing Atkinson, Naismith, Sykes, Twine*, Pring and Bell at various points in recent weeks whilst McCrorie and Wells only came back part the way into Manning's tenure.

* a new signing but we've lost Weimann, who would be counted amongst Pearson's injuries. 

Pearson had it worse with injuries for sure but - Ipswich and Cardiff aside - I'm not sure the difference was that dramatic and it'd certainly be an inaccurate picture to pretend Manning has generally had a fully fit squad to choose from. 

The only way that Manning will get sacked is if people stop going or renewing season tickets. Lansdown doesn't care if we're a mid table side going nowhere as long as 20k plus keep turning up every home game. Be a bit different if only 12 or 14k was our average gate. It's all about the money. He cares **** all about the football 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1