IGNORED

Get Pearson back now

GBF

I know I am going to get shot down. Don’t care. Just love the Club and want the best for it. Clearly not going to happen. Best manager we have employed since Alan Dicks in terms of understanding what’s required to get promoted and what awaits should we ever achieve this. If Pearson can’t come back as Director of football.   We all know  the club don’t want him and he would tell us where to go   So the question is who could we appoint that could do this job?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 10

Hugely hypothetical at this time, but...

If the club were to dismiss Manning now, I'd love us to go for Cooper, do I think either are likely? Not a chance for either.

I don't think they'd sack Manning, the ego's won't allow it.

And I don't think they'd go for Cooper, makes to much sense.

Edited by RobImps
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, GBF said:

I know I am going to get shot down. Don’t care. Just love the Club and want the best for it. Clearly not going to happen. Best manager we have employed since Alan Dicks in terms of understanding what’s required to get promoted and what awaits should we ever achieve this. If Pearson can’t come back as Director of football.   We all know  the club don’t want him and he would tell us where to go   So the question is who could we appoint that could do this job?

any manager with enough experience would know how to contact Nige and ask what its like down here.  given the fact that Nige isnt a liar,, any such new bloke would have to absolutely love bcfc ie warnock or be skint

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, RobImps said:

If the club were to dismiss Manning now, I'd love us to go for Cooper, do I think either are likely? Not a chance for either.

Great shout

1 minute ago, phantom said:

This is where things are getting a bit stupid on here and people need to get a grip 

Pearson is gone and isn't coming back, seriously people need to start dealing with that 

I have to agree. I would imagine Nigel has far too much integrity to come back under the current "leadership".

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, RobImps said:

Cooper would want a big budget.

Are we going that way anymore? After all the hard work and pain of Summer 2021 to January 2023.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

This is where things are getting a bit stupid on here and people need to get a grip 

Pearson is gone and isn't coming back, seriously people need to start dealing with that 

Absolutely true, he’s not coming back. For him to do so it would require SL to sell the club and the new owner to sack Brian Tinnion. By the time this happened Pearson would have settled into his new relaxed lifestyle and wouldn’t have any interest in giving it up 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cooper would want a big budget.

Are we going that way anymore? After all the hard work and pain of Summer 2021 to January 2023.

I'd personally not like to see us return to unsustainable spending, no.

I'd not really take the transfer dealings of his time at Forest to seriously though, not entirely sure he had much input into that circus act.

9 minutes ago, RobImps said:

I'd not really take the transfer dealings of his time at Forest to seriously though, not entirely sure he had much input into that circus act.

He quit Swansea when the money was inevitably going to dry up too.

Not because they are an extravagantly spending club more that the Parachute Payments dried up..hard to gauge his time at Nottingham Forest in that sense though agreed.

Having said that the Accounts actually did show a big year on year fall from 2019-20 to 2020-21 albeit from a high base.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobImps said:

I don’t want that either. Must live within our means

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Absolutely true, he’s not coming back. For him to do so it would require SL to sell the club and the new owner to sack Brian Tinnion. By the time this happened Pearson would have settled into his new relaxed lifestyle and wouldn’t have any interest in giving it up 

He did at Leicester...in 2012 was it or 2011 I'm unsure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

You are right Phantom. Its not as if Pearson has ever returned anywhere before. 

The issue is of course the Lansdown family calls the shots so we will end up with another awful appointment and Tinnion being given control until the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Give Andy King a go and review at the end of the season. 

I usually wouldn't agree with such appointments but I actually think he'd do well. 

Seems a likable guy, younger players like him and lots of experience and loves the club. 

I'm guessing he's done the relevant badges? 

But wonder if there's any hard feelings towards the board with the story of them questioning his inclusion in the team before Pearson left? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rooney at Birmingham, Edwards at Millwall, Ian  Beale at Sunderland, Moore at Huddersfield?

Nor saying Mannng out yet nor do I want us to become some hire-fire club but it's fair to ask the question.

If’s fair to ask the question because 3 other managers have been sacked after short tenures?  I get the link but doesn’t mean it’s fair to bring up a guy who has had some decent results when none of those you mentioned have.

This forum is descending into a complete farce with the same topic being brought up every week under a different title.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

any manager with enough experience would know how to contact Nige and ask what its like down here.  given the fact that Nige isnt a liar,, any such new bloke would have to absolutely love bcfc ie warnock or be skint

I'd be interested to see what Pearson said. I suspect it's not quite as bleak as some might think given he obviously wanted to stay. I imagine certain figures in the hierarchy aren't his favourite people but he also clearly connected with the fans and many at the club. I'm sure he'd caution people at the cons and issues but I'm not wholly certain he'd tell them it was a completely terrible place to be. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

The club hierarchy is stupid so we’re entitled to be stupid!  Why are you so concerned about curating people’s discussions?

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, EmissionImpossible said:

If’s fair to ask the question because 3 other managers have been sacked after short tenures?  I get the link but doesn’t mean it’s fair to bring up a guy who has had some decent results when none of those you mentioned have.

This forum is descending into a complete farce with the same topic being brought up every week under a different title.

To be fair, he gave four other managers not three. You could add Duff into that as well so we’ve got five clubs at this level (and none of them Watford, bizarrely) acting within short timeframes.

And as Edwards beat us, it’s pretty damning that’s not seen as a decent result!

The facts are that each scenario is different. Manning should be judged on where the club was when he came in, where we are now and likely trajectory based on what we’ve seen. It looks poor based on that.

The broader fact is that the average tenure for a manager at this level is just over a year, and Liams never lasted even a season and a half at a job. On that basis he’s 33-50% minimum through his expected time here (which will please some!) so reviewing is absolutely sensible.

Calling for Pearson back, however romantic that would be to some, however is not in view of all the other things that would have to and won’t happen for it to occur.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

Mods please re-ban me this forum has turned to shit.

I’d like to second this proposal……..

All those in favour✋