IGNORED

Get Pearson back now

GBF

25 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

I usually wouldn't agree with such appointments but I actually think he'd do well. 

Seems a likable guy, younger players like him and lots of experience and loves the club. 

I'm guessing he's done the relevant badges? 

But wonder if there's any hard feelings towards Brian Tinnion with the story of him questioning his inclusion in the team before Pearson left? 

Fixed

• Flames 2

12 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

If’s fair to ask the question because 3 other managers have been sacked after short tenures?  I get the link but doesn’t mean it’s fair to bring up a guy who has had some decent results when none of those you mentioned have.

This forum is descending into a complete farce with the same topic being brought up every week under a different title.

While the change yields much the same if not worse, there will be unrest, uncertainty.

At minimum I'd say the change was made to maintain the level and progress us medium to long term.

1.4 PPG, 40% win Ratio.

We have not, we are not.

Hence the divide and I expect the wider fanbase will start to show unrest If matters continue like this.

Assorted good results and performances are good on one level, but on another level show an alarming divergence in baseline performance level ie a minimum standard that we should not fall below.

Edwards won 3 League games on the spin at Millwall btw, indeed 10 pts from 4, 4 clean sheets.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Just now, Countryfile said:

I’d like to second this proposal……..

All those in favour✋

The problem is that he’s still banned under his other aliases and IP addresses. It’s not like he’s been unbanned so is allowed to come back, he’s instead willingly and deliberately signed up again. And then says it’s shite and wants to leave.

Just a strange, strange man.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

any manager with enough experience would know how to contact Nige and ask what its like down here.  given the fact that Nige isnt a liar,, any such new bloke would have to absolutely love bcfc ie warnock or be skint

Genuinely excellent point.

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I have to agree. I would imagine Nigel has far too much integrity to come back under the current "leadership".

Forget his integrity, he's gone 

40 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Absolutely true, he’s not coming back. For him to do so it would require SL to sell the club and the new owner to sack Brian Tinnion. By the time this happened Pearson would have settled into his new relaxed lifestyle and wouldn’t have any interest in giving it up 

It wouldn't matter who is in charge etc 

He's gone 

31 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You are right Phantom. Its not as if Pearson has ever returned anywhere before. 

The issue is of course the Lansdown family calls the shots so we will end up with another awful appointment and Tinnion being given control until the end of the season. 

I believe only Leicester in his whole managerial career is the only place he returned and that was on the back of getting them promoted 

I 100% agree with the second paragraph, things have been rumbling more and more over the past few years and it seems to be only a matter of time before things really come to a head. 

I was gutted to see him go, but some replies are bordering on an odd obsession, we've seen plenty of Managers come and go over the years. 

There's some odd cult like obsession at the moment why all these months later can't people move on? 

I'd hate to be an ex partner of some on here you'd never let go 🤦

• Like 1

• Admin
30 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Pathetic calling for a managers job so early.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rooney at Birmingham, Edwards at Millwall, Ian  Beale at Sunderland, Moore at Huddersfield?

Nor saying Mannng out yet nor do I want us to become some hire-fire club but it's fair to ask the question.

This isn't aimed at either of the posters above but I don't think we would be getting such a reaction if so many people were so fixated with Pearson 

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

Mods please re-ban me this forum has turned to shit.

The simple solution is to pm a request to delete your account 

13 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’d love Nige to come back as Director of Football!!! They could even keep Liam, get rid of Tins and JL. 

Lol, the obsession is worse than I thought 

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The club hierarchy is stupid so we’re entitled to be stupid!  Why are you so concerned about curating people’s discussions?

Because this forum has become unbearable lately, it's got just like the politics forum with every thread turning into the same topic... 

9 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I’d like to second this proposal……..

All those in favour✋

Sadly due to using a VPN it's difficult to prove who they are /were 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

any manager with enough experience would know how to contact Nige and ask what its like down here.  given the fact that Nige isnt a liar,, any such new bloke would have to absolutely love bcfc ie warnock or be skint

Given the amount of time Nige was given and that he was one of the longest serving Championship managers when he left I'm sure we're seen as a fair employer for prospective candidates . It was actually his second longest stint in any of his previous jobs

Edited by ashton_fan
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Because this forum has become unbearable lately, it's got just like the politics forum with every thread turning into the same topic... 

problem is the club hierarchy are creating a Groundhog Day scenario, and keep repeating the same mistakes and never learn. We can’t move on because they can’t 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

This is where things are getting a bit stupid on here and people need to get a grip 

Pearson is gone and isn't coming back, seriously people need to start dealing with that 

I do agree even though it's cheesed me off ever since he's left, But he wouldn't want to come back anyway why would he the club's a mess,It doesn't help by the appointment of manning if they replaced Pearson with experience and know how I think we all would of moved on just another ridiculous decision by inexperienced people.( IE ex sacked manager) and the way they went about it. 

Edited by Street red
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Forget his integrity, he's gone 

He's gone 

I believe only Leicester in his whole managerial career is the only place he returned and that was on the back of getting them promoted 

I 100% agree with the second paragraph, things have been rumbling more and more over the past few years and it seems to be only a matter of time before things really come to a head. 

I was gutted to see him go, but some replies are bordering on an odd obsession, we've seen plenty of Managers come and go over the years. 

There's some odd cult like obsession at the moment why all these months later can't people move on? 

I'd hate to be an ex partner of some on here you'd never let go 🤦

! 😂 yep certainly are some stalkers around.

However the difference is that the overwhelming majority backed Pearson for him to be fired by a bloke who proceeded to lie about it. A little different to normal break up I mean firing!

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Given the amount of time Nige was given and that he was one of the longest serving Championship managers when he left I'm sure we're seen as a fair employer for prospective candidates . It was actually his second longest stint in any of his previous jobs

On one level I sort of get it, otoh which credible managers wish to work under Tinnion, ever changing whims on the budgetary front (FFP notwithstanding) etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

On one level I sort of get it, otoh which credible managers wish to work under Tinnion, ever changing whims on the budgetary front (FFP notwithstanding) etc.

I really don't get why so many seem to hate Tinnion, he's always been a great servant to this club, I can only think it's because the Lansdowns rate him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

7 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I really don't get why so many seem to hate Tinnion, he's always been a great servant to this club, I can only think it's because the Lansdowns rate him

*There were questions about his role in the Wilson departure.

*His tenure as manager was sadly a fail. However he has done great work with the Academy which brings me onto my final point...

*...If I'm being objective, I feel and or fear that he lacks the gravitas for his present position. The Academy is perhaps where he should have stayed, loan Managers perhaps input into some of the Scouting.

Hate is a rather ott term in a lot of cases too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

! 😂 yep certainly are some stalkers around.

However the difference is that the overwhelming majority backed Pearson for him to be fired by a bloke who proceeded to lie about it. A little different to normal break up I mean firing!

Yep, as opposed to your missus leaving you because you’re crap in bed, it’s more akin to you having an acceptable but unspectacular sex life, a few ups and downs in the relationship but enough for optimism towards a bright future then your missus’s dad stopping her from seeing you, and you being forced into a relationship with a boring girl that was less exciting.

Or something like that.

(Either way the first girls not coming back)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

This isn't aimed at either of the posters above but I don't think we would be getting such a reaction if so many people were so fixated with Pearson 

I don’t actually think that’s the case. People are fixated on the reasons given for his sacking by JL and co, and the promotion of BT. For me, it’s about the obvious lies and attempted deception by them. Plus my complete lack of faith in their ability to take this club forward. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Mate. This has been covered so many times that if youve spent any time on the forum you know. Pleading ignorance because in your opinion he’s been a great servant to the club is not a good look.

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 2

18 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Nige even lasted fairly long time at Watford, considering that time spent as manager there is counted in dog years rather than human ones! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

He's gone

It does matter who’s in charge as, with the present set up, he won’t be asked to come back. If he’s not asked, he can’t answer the question. As I said, even if there was a change in ownership, and was asked, he would probably say no 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cooper would want a big budget.

Are we going that way anymore? After all the hard work and pain of Summer 2021 to January 2023.

You're not kidding - he spent a King's ransom on getting Forest to 4th in the Championship and then promoted after very lucky playoff win against Huddersfield. Only my opinion, but there's nothing in our history to suggest that Lansdown would provide that level of support.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

It’s not just us though, what about Conway. He’s still spending his Friday nights sat on the sofa eating tubs of ice cream crying over a picture of Alex Scott 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Calculus said:

You're not kidding - he spent a King's ransom on getting Forest to 4th in the Championship and then promoted after very lucky playoff win against Huddersfield. Only my opinion, but there's nothing in our history to suggest that Lansdown would provide that level of support.

It is hard to gauge because Nottingham Forest were high wage anyway and despite noises about cutting costs..they had a basic underlying wage bill of £37m in the year of Promotion.

However as Cooper came in September it is hard to say the split between Janaury and already highish costs.

The Promotion Bonuses added iirc £20.9m to their wage levels.

They also used a Covid loophole or argued it and turned down bids for Johnson. Got an inordinately high amount of penalties too.

Pearson at City:

P131 W42 D32 L57 (32% win%)

Manning at City:

P23 W7 D7 L8 (30% win%)

Mitigation for Pearson:

- Inherited a mess, Covid, financial restrictions, player sales, substantial injuries

Mitigation for Manning:

- Not his squad yet, no summer, lack of time, change of playing style

So, overall, very similar records for both managers and mitigating circumstances in both cases. It looks to me like two managers getting roughly the same from the squad - mixed, mid table results with a mid table squad.

This is not a defence of the sacking of Pearson nor is it particularly a defence of Manning. But it doesn’t suggest Manning is the total disaster some seem keen to make him out to be, when his record compares very closely with Pearson who is widely regarded to have done a good job.

Once again the recency bias of two poor results seems to be preventing the forum from making a more objective analysis. Eight days ago we were speculating about a play off push. And even now we are in the top half. We also shouldn’t let the “top six” comment from the board distract from the reality. Manning has been stitched up by that comment, but that’s not his fault.

I can’t see the point of making a change and expecting much better from anyone else when all the other fundamentals at the club remain unchanged. Especially when we are in the relative safety of 12th position.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Fpcity said:

I usually wouldn't agree with such appointments but I actually think he'd do well. 

Seems a likable guy, younger players like him and lots of experience and loves the club. 

I'm guessing he's done the relevant badges? 

But wonder if there's any hard feelings towards the board with the story of them questioning his inclusion in the team before Pearson left? 

Why would he have any hard feelings

The bloke is a seasoned pro in his 30s

It is the young modern footballers who seem unable to take the slightest bit of criticism