IGNORED

Get Pearson back now

GBF

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is hard to gauge because Nottingham Forest were high wage anyway and despite noises about cutting costs..they had a basic underlying wage bill of £37m in the year of Promotion.

However as Cooper came in September it is hard to say the split between Janaury and already highish costs.

The Promotion Bonuses added iirc £20.9m to their wage levels.

They also used a Covid loophole or argued it and turned down bids for Johnson. Got an inordinately high amount of penalties too.

Don't fear. Damocles' sword will fall soon enough.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

To be fair to those who want Pearson back I don't think any of them realistically think this will happen. I would love him to return but I know it will not happen. But it doesn't mean those who appreciate the stirling work he did for the club cannot articulate the wish he could return even if it's really just voicing frustration at the b***s up the Lansdowns and Tinnion made in dismissing a largely popular manager.

Also, to those who deride Pearson and don't understand why lots of supporters are clamouring for Manning to be dismissed early can I just remind them of the circumstances of Pearson's sacking. After losing a close game at home to high flying Ipswich and then away to Cardiff with the barest of bones as far as a playing squad was concerned, NP was dismissed with games against Sheffield Wednesday and QPR up next. It was the general consensus at the time that the Lansdowns acted then because City were expected to get points from those games and that would've further stalled their intention of sacking Pearson.

We have to remember this is the same QPR and Sheffield Wednesday that half a season on under the Coach NP was replaced with we have now lost to in consecutive matches!!! 

Bingo! 👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaseater said:

I’ve been on here less than a week that’s enough for me, what a shitshow - you spend your life on here, I genuinely feel for you. Decent posters on here must be long gone. 

It's been a shit show for less than a week.

55 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

To be fair to those who want Pearson back I don't think any of them realistically think this will happen. I would love him to return but I know it will not happen. But it doesn't mean those who appreciate the stirling work he did for the club cannot articulate the wish he could return even if it's really just voicing frustration at the b***s up the Lansdowns and Tinnion made in dismissing a largely popular manager.

Also, to those who deride Pearson and don't understand why lots of supporters are clamouring for Manning to be dismissed early can I just remind them of the circumstances of Pearson's sacking. After losing a close game at home to high flying Ipswich and then away to Cardiff with the barest of bones as far as a playing squad was concerned, NP was dismissed with games against Sheffield Wednesday and QPR up next. It was the general consensus at the time that the Lansdowns acted then because City were expected to get points from those games and that would've further stalled their intention of sacking Pearson.

We have to remember this is the same QPR and Sheffield Wednesday that half a season on under the Coach NP was replaced with we have now lost to in consecutive matches!!! 

Spot-on. The defeat at Cardiff is one that you feel was so desired the prospect of bouncing back with a couple of wins could not be allowed. What remains so frustrating is the lack of honesty in JL&BT, do not make it a footballing reason when if in reality it is a working relationship problem. Manning sadly was burdened from day 1 with ill founded expectations and a very confused set of supporters'

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Pearson at City:

P131 W42 D32 L57 (32% win%)

Manning at City:

P23 W7 D7 L8 (30% win%)

Mitigation for Pearson:

- Inherited a mess, Covid, financial restrictions, player sales, substantial injuries

Mitigation for Manning:

- Not his squad yet, no summer, lack of time, change of playing style

So, overall, very similar records for both managers and mitigating circumstances in both cases. It looks to me like two managers getting roughly the same from the squad - mixed, mid table results with a mid table squad.

This is not a defence of the sacking of Pearson nor is it particularly a defence of Manning. But it doesn’t suggest Manning is the total disaster some seem keen to make him out to be, when his record compares very closely with Pearson who is widely regarded to have done a good job.

Once again the recency bias of two poor results seems to be preventing the forum from making a more objective analysis. Eight days ago we were speculating about a play off push. And even now we are in the top half. We also shouldn’t let the “top six” comment from the board distract from the reality. Manning has been stitched up by that comment, but that’s not his fault.

I can’t see the point of making a change and expecting much better from anyone else when all the other fundamentals at the club remain unchanged. Especially when we are in the relative safety of 12th position.

We are awful. Not just rubbish but totally inept. It’s not just about two poor results it’s about performances over a period with the exception of a couple of cup ties and one good performance against Southampton 

Mr Manning himself said yesterday that the players are not learning or implementing what he says, this is clear and obvious. 

We create little and Conway looks like a shadow of his former self. We have most players back, our bench was as strong as most have seen in years and we are not only rubbish but unable to change a thing. On top of that we are not seeing our kids on the bench even. Absurd when you consider Pearson was criticized inside the club for not playing our youth in front of Andy King. 

We are another poor result away from being on the fringes of a relegation battle with the prospect of spending our “nest egg” on players that Mr Manning thinks will learn. The whole thing is insane. You have to have the ability not only to get through to players but coach the players and assets you have and they have. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

I really don't get why so many seem to hate Tinnion, he's always been a great servant to this club, I can only think it's because the Lansdowns rate him

Yep, that’ll be it.

Absolutely no other reason at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

problem is the club hierarchy are creating a Groundhog Day scenario, and keep repeating the same mistakes and never learn. We can’t move on because they can’t 😂

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

! 😂 yep certainly are some stalkers around.

However the difference is that the overwhelming majority backed Pearson for him to be fired by a bloke who proceeded to lie about it. A little different to normal break up I mean firing!

True, but it's the constant when we win it's all because of Pearson and when we lose it's because of Manning 

The team are dire at the moment and it amazes me how they are not on the end of any stick 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t actually think that’s the case. People are fixated on the reasons given for his sacking by JL and co, and the promotion of BT. For me, it’s about the obvious lies and attempted deception by them. Plus my complete lack of faith in their ability to take this club forward. 

I completely agree with that, but if that was the case people wouldn't be turning it into a constant Pearson Vs Manning debate 

I blame them for giving me the busiest Saturday night I've ever had on OTIB sorting out offensive posts and issuing numerous bans 

44 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Seconded.

Honestly, we've tried matching the VPN 

I’ve been on here less than a week that’s enough for me, what a shitshow - you spend your life on here, I genuinely feel for you. Decent posters on here must be long gone. 

So you aren't a previously banned member who's returned? 

Make up your mind 

Don't forget if you want your account deleted you only have to ask 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

True, but it's the constant when we win it's all because of Pearson and when we lose it's because of Manning 

The team are dire at the moment and it amazes me how they are not on the end of any stick 

I completely agree with that, but if that was the case people wouldn't be turning it into a constant Pearson Vs Manning debate 

I blame them for giving me the busiest Saturday night I've ever had on OTIB sorting out offensive posts and issuing numerous bans 

Honestly, we've tried matching the VPN 

So you aren't a previously banned member who's returned? 

Make up your mind 

Don't forget if you want your account deleted you only have to ask 

Yes I agree with your comment about how the team appear to be getting off lightly while Manning gets hammered. Without doubt the players are getting a pass for being totally inept as a team

OLeary does get a pass in my opinion and certain individuals are not to bad. Knight must wonder how he ended up here Dickie has been by and large steady but as a team they are fearful of trying anything off the cuff that is clearly down to the coach who is implementing a style of play. 

• Like 2

As opposed to you, who’s evidently so desperate to be on here as much as possible that you make up new usernames and new IDs to try and circumnavigate previous bans. The only shit show here is you. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

It's kind of bizarre. So many people are getting so het up at the merest mention of Pearson. The OP acknowledged that Pearson was not coming back and asked for suggestions of names who could do a similar job, but not a single person answered his question but rather jumped onto their immediate agendas.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t actually think that’s the case. People are fixated on the reasons given for his sacking by JL and co, and the promotion of BT. For me, it’s about the obvious lies and attempted deception by them. Plus my complete lack of faith in their ability to take this club forward. 

Have run out of reactions but totally agree with this bit in bold. It’s the injustice. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rooney at Birmingham, Edwards at Millwall, Ian  Beale at Sunderland, Moore at Huddersfield?

Nor saying Mannng out yet nor do I want us to become some hire-fire club but it's fair to ask the question.

All of who were either fighting for staying away from the drop zone or in Sunderland's case trying to cling to the play offs, at this point play offs aren't an option for us and its very difficult to think we'll go down so what's the real benefit of sacking him atm rather than giving him some more time?

Just now, Lrrr said:

All of who were either fighting for staying away from the drop zone or in Sunderland's case trying to cling to the play offs, at this point play offs aren't an option for us and its very difficult to think we'll go down so what's the real benefit of sacking him atm rather than giving him some more time?

Indeed, but for Manning insert the name Pearson and you have a similar answer.

More time is fine but we need to show a better baseline to underpin standards. We don't seem to have that atm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Indeed, but for Manning insert the name Pearson and you have a similar answer.

More time is fine but we need to show a better baseline to underpin standards. We don't seem to have that atm.

Pearson wasn't sacked for performance though regardless what was said in public

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Pearson at City:

P131 W42 D32 L57 (32% win%)

Manning at City:

P23 W7 D7 L8 (30% win%)

Mitigation for Pearson:

- Inherited a mess, Covid, financial restrictions, player sales, substantial injuries

Mitigation for Manning:

- Not his squad yet, no summer, lack of time, change of playing style

So, overall, very similar records for both managers and mitigating circumstances in both cases. It looks to me like two managers getting roughly the same from the squad - mixed, mid table results with a mid table squad.

This is not a defence of the sacking of Pearson nor is it particularly a defence of Manning. But it doesn’t suggest Manning is the total disaster some seem keen to make him out to be, when his record compares very closely with Pearson who is widely regarded to have done a good job.

Once again the recency bias of two poor results seems to be preventing the forum from making a more objective analysis. Eight days ago we were speculating about a play off push. And even now we are in the top half. We also shouldn’t let the “top six” comment from the board distract from the reality. Manning has been stitched up by that comment, but that’s not his fault.

I can’t see the point of making a change and expecting much better from anyone else when all the other fundamentals at the club remain unchanged. Especially when we are in the relative safety of 12th position.

They key thing is the bit in bold for me.

The safer option for him was to add to the style we already had then integrate his style once he has a preseason.

His approach is incredible inflexible for what essential doesn't suite the players we have - and that's down to him and his inexperience as a manager - which was always a possibility.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

You can retire at any age you just need the money to do so😀

As @Clevedon Red is considerably older than me (😉) his final salary pension wasn’t as badly impacted as mine!!!  But even he took exception to his face being printed on the new pension leaflets when the new terms came in.  That was a bloody funny time!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

We are awful. Not just rubbish but totally inept. It’s not just about two poor results it’s about performances over a period with the exception of a couple of cup ties and one good performance against Southampton 

Mr Manning himself said yesterday that the players are not learning or implementing what he says, this is clear and obvious. 

We create little and Conway looks like a shadow of his former self. We have most players back, our bench was as strong as most have seen in years and we are not only rubbish but unable to change a thing. On top of that we are not seeing our kids on the bench even. Absurd when you consider Pearson was criticized inside the club for not playing our youth in front of Andy King. 

We are another poor result away from being on the fringes of a relegation battle with the prospect of spending our “nest egg” on players that Mr Manning thinks will learn. The whole thing is insane. You have to have the ability not only to get through to players but coach the players and assets you have and they have. 

Best post of the weekend oxo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Fuber said:

They key thing is the bit in bold for me.

The safer option for him was to add to the style we already had then integrate his style once he has a preseason.

His approach is incredible inflexible for what essential doesn't suite the players we have - and that's down to him and his inexperience as a manager - which was always a possibility.

The few times we've added control at the back with the counter attacking elements of the old regime we've looked good against better opponents. 

Every time he's reverted to type with the behaviours and patterns he wants we've been dreadful and mindnumbing to watch.

Rather be mid table with a paper thin squad with academy lads getting opportunities and pressing every team that we play then watch this almost fully fit squad amble about trying to play a boring style of football.

Just my opinion on the style, don't have to agree. It just isn't for me.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I’ve had enough of the Lansdownes. Complete chaos from owner/Board level downwards.
Getting rid of Nige P was the final straw for me. A defeat next Saturday versus the Welsh will be the final straw for many others. Bring back Nige P.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1