IGNORED

Andy King - caretaker?

old_eastender

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

If the very unlikely event the club are forced to admit the appointment of Manning has turned out bad, reckon making Andy King caretaker to the end of the season, and see how he does, would be a sensible option...

I think they would have to off Tinnion also, and as much as id love that, it wont happen.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

If the very unlikely event the club are forced to admit the appointment of Manning has turned out bad, reckon making Andy King caretaker to the end of the season, and see how he does, would be a sensible option...

Wouldn't be against it...probably wouldn't be any worse.....won't happen tho...Manning won't be going anywhere soon.

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I think they would have to off Tinnion also, and as much as id love that, it wont happen.

Yes, it could.  A player revolt led by the likes of James, Wells, Kimg etc could see end of Manning.

if we fail to win in next 3 games, change will happen

• Robin 1
  • Facepalm 3

Why?

Isn't a criticism levied again Manning his lack of experience at this level, so we want to replace him with a guy who to my knowledge has never managed a single game at any level?

I get he's a fan and all but, why? What are we basing that decision off?

It'd make less sense than Holden and that's saying something.

If we're getting rid of Manning (and we're not any time soon imo) we need to replace him with better, not an even bigger punt.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 17
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Why?

Isn't a criticism levied again Manning his lack of experience at this level, so we want to replace him with a guy who to my knowledge has never managed a single game at any level?

I get he's a fan and all but, why? What are we basing that decision off?

It'd make less sense than Holden and that's saying something.

If we're getting rid of Manning (and we're not any time soon imo) we need to replace him with better, not an even bigger punt.

Did you read the op. 'Caretaker till the end of the season.'

No harm in that.

• Like 1

Andy King as Caretaker who then picks himself every week, first name on the team sheet. When the hierarchy come calling at least he can say "you gave me the job you daft bastards".................

The reality as that Manning will bumble along until the end of the season, excuses will be made if our final league position is as underwhelming as I expect it to be, claims of misquoting and misrepresentation of their interviews post Pearson will also be made and the can will be kicked down the road with Manning given a "War Chest" and a "Pre-Season to really embed his methods" in the Summer. If it's not working by October/November time we will be knee deep, possibly waist deep, in the old shite. I've said it before Manning NEEDS TO work otherwise we are bang in trouble.

This is Jon, Sid and Gavin's finest work.......literally nobody else to turn to if it all goes South.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Yes, it could.  A player revolt led by the likes of James, Wells, Kimg etc could see end of Manning.

if we fail to win in next 3 games, change will happen

All of those players are dispensible and OOC come June and they are far too professional to go down that route.

• Like 1

Making King a temporary manager would get a lot of people back onside so to speak. 

Pearson predicted that Andy King would one day manage Bristol City and my feeling is two possibly three defeats in a row would force Junior and JudgeMeOn Brian to act. However I can see a scenario where Tinion makes himself manager. 

Just to say Brian if you don’t want chaos resist the temptation and promote King until the end of the season!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Seen much of King on the training ground then?

What does he do that makes you want him in charge?

Just now, REDOXO said:

However I can see a scenario where Tinion makes himself manager. 

He’s dim af but there’s no way on gods Green and Blue Earth that he ever re appoints himself (although if he did it would be ******* hilarious for everything that would come with it)! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Making King a temporary manager would get a lot of people back onside so to speak. 

Pearson predicted that Andy King would one day manage Bristol City and my feeling is two possibly three defeats in a row would force Junior and JudgeMeOn Brian to act. However I can see a scenario where Tinion makes himself manager. 

Just to say Brian if you don’t want chaos resist the temptation and promote King until the end of the season!

In some ways that would actually be funny.......albeit the club wouldn't be seeing the amusing side of next year's season ticket sales.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

After that performance yesterday I'm querying whether Manning has been at the Low Performance Centre at all last week?

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

He’s dim af but there’s no way on gods Green and Blue Earth that he ever re appoints himself (although if he did it would be ******* hilarious for everything that would come with it)! 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

In some ways that would actually be funny.......albeit the club wouldn't be seeing the amusing side of next year's season ticket sales.

It would be soooooo Bristol City/Lansdown for BT to end up back in charge of the first team. 

But we all hope not!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

If kings got half the man management skills that Pearson's got then yes King will do well. I think you should ask the players what they think of king and I'm pretty sure they will back him 100% going by what players have said about him in training and around the club etc. if Pearson thinks he has the qualities then that's good enough reference for me.

I'm pretty sure he would of already planned for the summer and next season.

• Like 1

As it was apparently Tinnion who queried why Pearson was picking him instead of giving another Academy player a chance I’d say this is not going to happen even if we do bite the bullet with Manning at any point.

10 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I would say as a caretaker he would be a very good choice. He has all his licenses is constantly talked about as a mentor and was employed as a player/coach, has played at every level has a Premier League winners medal and as a bonus was a City supporter before playing. 

A very sensible temporary manager. 

Thus not a chance City would do it! 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Winning football matches is what will get people back on side.

I don't know of any evidence whatsoever that would suggest that having King in the dugout would make us more likely to win football matches.

• Like 1

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Winning football matches is what will get people back on side.

I don't know of any evidence whatsoever that would suggest that having King in the dugout would make us more likely to win football matches.

It would make us less likely to lose them I am convinced of that. I refer you to my post of seconds earlier 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It would make us less likely to lose them I am convinced of that. I refer you to my post of seconds earlier 

This one?

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He has all his licenses is constantly talked about as a mentor and was employed as a player/coach, has played at every level has a Premier League winners medal and as a bonus was a City supporter before playing. 

Manning has all his licenses.

Manning has mentored many, many players.

Manning is literally employed as the head coach.

Manning does not have a premier league winners medal.

Manning is not a City supporter (so far as I know).

So the only thing that could possibly be relevant that King has and Manning doesn't is the PL winners medal. Lampard has one of those, so does Rooney, so do any other number of shite managers. It means nothing.

If we're talking about the next twelve games then I'd say the guy who's actually done the job and who managed us to wins over West Ham, Southampton, Hull, Sunderland and Watford is more likely to get us points than Andy King.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No thanks. I don’t think pointing someone with zero experience is the way to go 

Gary O’Neil with less of a playing CV , a similar character I’d suggest , both quietish  intelligent , 

He had zero experience ... and fwiw didn’t have Kings coaching qualifications when he set out

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This one?

Manning has all his licenses.

Manning has mentored many, many players.

Manning is literally employed as the head coach.

Manning does not have a premier league winners medal.

Manning is not a City supporter (so far as I know).

So the only thing that could possibly be relevant that King has and Manning doesn't is the PL winners medal. Lampard has one of those, so does Rooney, so do any other number of shite managers. It means nothing.

If we're taking about ten next twelve games then I'd say the guy who's actually done the job and who managed us to wins over West Ham, Southampton, Hull, Sunderland and Watford is more likely to get us points than Andy King.

The topic is a hypothetical would Andy King be a good temporary choice if Mr Manning was relieved. Thus your entire post is pointless much like our last two games. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 1