IGNORED

Diedhiou - a song or boos?

Cole Not Gas

When they're gone they're gone; i dont usually have much sentiment about ex-players and certainly not about ex-managers - unlike a small group on here - but this Saturday may be an exception. I wont cheer him on but i certainly wont boo him; what about you?

I quite liked CoD until his injury which i think happened at, or soon after, he ripped Sunderland's LB to pieces at the Stadium of Light. Thereafter he didnt really impress.

Famara was different; we had a good song for him, which could be modified to "he comes from Senegal and now he'll win F.All, Famara"

Some 50 goals for us in 160 games, great defensively and part of an era where we recruited really good forwards, unlike the most recent ones of Mehmeti and Cornick

Let's hope his legs have aged a bit and he doesnt cause us any problems.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Sod him. 
He wasn’t very good when he was here. He only achieved cult status because someone made up a song rhyming Knowle with Senegal. 
He now plays for those shits over the border. 
**** him. Why would I cheer him? 

I fully understand your sentiments Harry...but you would have cheered Marlon 😊😁😉😉😉

• Haha 1

His record on paper was alright over the piece was okay, but for the last several months apart from one game at Middlesbrough his output was appalling. Always felt he could do a bit more..or often anyway.

Two observations about him:

1) Did anyone remember but his form/output (Goals and Assists) seemed to fluctuate around the January window. Interesting..

2) Middlesbrough away. A club who were linked with him in January 2021 and playing in front of the incoming manager. Funny.

• Like 2

Bit meh for me. Probably won't boo, unless he scores and gives it to us.

Most likely be a polite round of applause before the match and then noting else during it.

I appreciate his goals for us over the years, but didn't appreciate him downing tools in the last few months of his time with us.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

His record on paper was alright over the piece was okay, but for the last several months apart from one game at Middlesbrough his output was appalling. Always felt he could do a bit more..or often anyway.

Two observations about him:

1) Did anyone remember but his form/output (Goals and Assists) seemed to fluctuate around the January window. Interesting..

2) Middlesbrough away. A club who were linked with him in January 2021 and playing in front of the incoming manager. Funny.

Yeah. He couldn't give a **** about this club, it was all about him. I will never forget him walking and lightly jogging around the pitch most weeks, especially at the end of 2020/21.

A bang average footballer at best too.

• Like 3

If Aden Flint & Marlon Pack were given abuse, despite both having achieved & given way more than a bloke whose most recognised at the club for some idiots who couldn't pronounce his name deciding to call him "Dave", then i highly doubt or would expect that he will be getting a warm welcome.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Yeah. He couldn't give a **** about this club, it was all about him. I will never forget him walking and lightly jogging around the pitch most weeks, especially at the end of 2020/21.

A bang average footballer at best too.

Apart from the aforementioned Middlesbrough game in late Feb 2021 yeah all but nothing post January.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

I fully understand your sentiments Harry...but you would have cheered Marlon 😊😁😉😉😉

Marlon is one of the best players who’ve played for us in the last 25 years. 
And he didn’t give up for half a year, have a first touch into next week and then join a rival. 
😋

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

If he gives a polite clap as he comes out to warm up i can see him getting the same back but once the games underway i hope he gets pelters.

50 odd goals, thanks very much but it was pretty much after that point he was just turning up for the pay cheque. That's not been forgotten.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Hope no one cheers when he scores, because you know that’s bound to happen 

Unconnected but slightly tenuous. 
At FGR on Tuesday there was a ‘neutral’ stood right next to me, but he was clearly there to support Wrexham. 
I made sure I cheered and shouted extra loud right next him when FGR scored. 

I know it was only FGR but I didn’t see the need for him to keep saying ‘go on’ or ‘well done’ whenever Wrexham did something. Had that been at AG I genuinely think he’d have had someone confront him. 

Anyway - back to Big Dave from Knowle. Even though he was generally a clump of a player. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Unconnected but slightly tenuous. 
At FGR on Tuesday there was a ‘neutral’ stood right next to me, but he was clearly there to support Wrexham. 
I made sure I cheered and shouted extra loud right next him when FGR scored. 

I know it was only FGR but I didn’t see the need for him to keep saying ‘go on’ or ‘well done’ whenever Wrexham did something. Had that been at AG I genuinely think he’d have had someone confront him. 

Anyway - back to Big Dave from Knowle. Even though he was generally a clump of a player. 

A clump of a player who scored 50 goals for us and was top scorer two seasons.

I generally respect your view on the game and on players Harry, but not on this one! Never the most elegant of players, but effective. And on his day a handful for any defender at this level.

Its a few years since he was here and I’m hoping/assuming those years will have had their toll and he won’t be the Diedhiou of old on Saturday

• Like 2

I might applaud before , shout at him like any other Cardiff player during , then as he's taken off after doing nothing all game I will give him a good clap of appreciation , but only if he's done nothing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's on the honours board. I enjoyed him.

His wrongly disallowed goal away to Wigan was one of the best I've seen from a City player.

Such a shame.

Edit: This one...

Edited by Gazred
  • Flames 1

I never see the point of booing former players unless they leave us under contentious circumstances or slag the club or city off. They're just people doing a job. It seems so petty and tinpot to routinely boo ex-playets. Gas-type behaviour. 

If he acknowledges us City fans, he'll get a brief clap back for the courtesy. But that's it.

During the game, he's just another Cardiff player and I hope he has a shocker. 

• Like 5