IGNORED

Diedhiou - a song or boos?

Cole Not Gas

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Marlon is one of the best players who’ve played for us in the last 25 years. 
And he didn’t give up for half a year, have a first touch into next week and then join a rival. 
😋

You know I was jesting Harry... exactly how I see it as well 👍😎

• Like 1

He will be playing for Cardiff. If we want to get to the promised land then we need to make Ashton Gate as unwelcoming and intimidating as possible and that includes ex players. If you want to stay behind and applaud them after the final whistle then that's your business.

• Like 1

If you're asking me to cheer for a player who cost us £5.3M, gave him a platform to ultimately go towards him playing & winning the AFCON for his country, refuse to sign a new contract and ultimately proceeded to run his contract down so we got nothing for him, then proceeded to allow his performances to dip towards the end of that contract and was one of the numerous reasons why we've suffered FFP since then, it will be a no for me.

Yes, he scored 50+ goals for us [that will earn polite applause] but he could've done a whole lot, lot more but sadly he chose not to do so.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cole Not Gas said:

When they're gone they're gone; i dont usually have much sentiment about ex-players and certainly not about ex-managers - unlike a small group on here - but this Saturday may be an exception. I wont cheer him on but i certainly wont boo him; what about you?

I quite liked CoD until his injury which i think happened at, or soon after, he ripped Sunderland's LB to pieces at the Stadium of Light. Thereafter he didnt really impress.

Famara was different; we had a good song for him, which could be modified to "he comes from Senegal and now he'll win F.All, Famara"

Some 50 goals for us in 160 games, great defensively and part of an era where we recruited really good forwards, unlike the most recent ones of Mehmeti and Cornick

Let's hope his legs have aged a bit and he doesnt cause us any problems.

Ill ignore him initially but he will naturally get boos so how he handles them might set the tone for the rest of the game.

I think he went through the motions latter stages of his time here, so I dont think too fondly of him tbh.

I liked him (also accept the point that he checked out with about 4 or 5 months of his contract left) but Saturday would be completely the wrong time to acknowledge that.

He plays for Cardiff now.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I liked him (also accept the point that he checked out with about 4 or 5 months of his contract left) but Saturday would be completely the wrong time to acknowledge that.

I happily sing his song, after we had humped them 6-0 and he had been sent off or scored an OG to start the romp.

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100% agree so it no cheer from me either once the game starts or he comes on. His checking out' certainly was his choice but may have been more to do with other management at the club including the coach, who also made numerous mistakes with other players. He wasnt very complimentary about Ashton either, but for me it's water a long way under the bridge now. We will see quite a few players leave in the next few months if Manning is still in charge and gets money to spend

Just now, Cole Not Gas said:

100% agree so it no cheer from me either once the game starts or he comes on. His checking out' certainly was his choice but may have been more to do with other management at the club including the coach, who also made numerous mistakes with other players. He wasnt very complimentary about Ashton either, but for me it's water a long way under the bridge now. We will see quite a few players leave in the next few months if Manning is still in charge and gets money to spend

Which coach ...

You are about to make some more stuff up arnt you 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

And personally 

Not too keen on applauding , let alone a rousing reception for lazy players personally 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Which coach ...

You are about to make some more stuff up arnt you 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

And personally 

Not too keen on applauding , let alone a rousing reception for lazy players personally 

Certainly is, it will be NP fault somehow

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Quite agree, downed tools, and couldn't wait to get away, be getting the bird from me

14 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Certainly is, it will be NP fault somehow

That’s where it appears to be going by his other non sensical post about the subject

Incredible

Shame the trampoline  wasn’t traded about 12 months after he arrived

Beat his chest quite a bit tho

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

That’s where it appears to be going by his other non sensical post about the subject

Incredible

Shame the trampoline  wasn’t traded about 12 months after he arrived

Beat his chest quite a bit tho

Had a song that all the low IQ's loved so made him a hero too.

1 hour ago, Swede said:

If you're asking me to cheer for a player who cost us £5.3M, gave him a platform to ultimately go towards him playing & winning the AFCON for his country, refuse to sign a new contract and ultimately proceeded to run his contract down so we got nothing for him, then proceeded to allow his performances to dip towards the end of that contract and was one of the numerous reasons why we've suffered FFP since then, it will be a no for me.

Yes, he scored 50+ goals for us [that will earn polite applause] but he could've done a whole lot, lot more but sadly he chose not to do so.

When you put it like that - hell yeah lets boo every touch & cheer every time he can’t control it.

2 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

He will be playing for Cardiff. If we want to get to the promised land then we need to make Ashton Gate as unwelcoming and intimidating as possible and that includes ex players. If you want to stay behind and applaud them after the final whistle then that's your business.

The Gates about as intimidating as the local bowling club I’m afraid 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swede said:

who cost us £5.3M, gave him a platform to ultimately go towards him playing & winning the AFCON for his country, refuse to sign a new contract and ultimately proceeded to run his contract down so we got nothing for him, then proceeded to allow his performances to dip towards the end of that contract and was one of the numerous reasons why we've suffered FFP since then, it will be a no for me.

Aside from his performances, you have to blame Mark Ashton for all of the other reasons. 

I dislike when there's complaints about players running contracts down, that's a risk a club has to take. Same way players get released after years of service. Neither owe each other anything, you agree a contract and that's that.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Odd booing Joe Bryan in my opinion. :dunno:

Some fans act like jilted lovers when players leave to further their careers.

Joe Bryan- agree 100%

Players leaving to further their careers like Maynard ,Fam and Massengo- it's just a tiny weeny bit funny when they don't especially when they find that BCFC was their finest moment.

Yes he scored 50 odd goals but he was here 4 years, played most games, took penalties. I'd expect most strikers with that amount of game time to score that many.

As I've said before he was slow, no touch, not that physical most of the time for a guy his size. Those months out in 17/18 when we had Reid and Pato forward kind of proved he hampered our play or certainly that season.