IGNORED

Diedhiou - a song or boos?

Cole Not Gas

50 isn't too bad, he missed 2-3 months.

Penalties? We don't get many remember. Wells also scored one of our two League penalties in 2020-21. Other was missed, I think we got 2 or was it 3.

He would've scored some penalties sure.

He also got a 6 game ban for allegedly spitting at an opponent if we recall...However He did frequently detract from our play which we hit upon Paterson behind Reid when we had all the injuries yes.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Joe Bryan- agree 100%

Players leaving to further their careers like Maynard ,Fam and Massengo- it's just a tiny weeny bit funny when they don't especially when they find that BCFC was their finest moment.

Fam sort of switched off when he knew his future wasn't here and cruised to the end of his time here, but at least he didn't badmouth the club and slander fans like Maynard. We got decent service out of him for three-and-a-half seasons, I bear him no ill will. As an African, there's no reason why he should buy into the Bristol/Cardiff rivalry. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Fam sort of switched off when he knew his future wasn't here and cruised to the end of his time here, but at least he didn't badmouth the club and slander fans like Maynard. We got decent service out of him for three-and-a-half seasons, I bear him no ill will. As an African, there's no reason why he should buy into the Bristol/Cardiff rivalry. 

I'd completely forgotten about the Bristol accent thing with Maynard- what did his son end up with?  McTaffney?

24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I'd completely forgotten about the Bristol accent thing with Maynard- what did his son end up with?  McTaffney?

Or an Ecky Thump one like Maynard himself.

TBH the thing that really annoyed me was the made up charge that City fans attacked his mother in the stand and threw a bottle at her. Something witnessed by no one whatsoever.

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Sod him. 
He wasn’t very good when he was here. He only achieved cult status because someone made up a song rhyming Knowle with Senegal. 
He now plays for those shits over the border. 
**** him. Why would I cheer him? 

So are you saying it's a maybe?

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So are you saying it's a maybe?

🤣🤣

Yeh, it’s a maybe. 😁

Actually, I won’t have this dilemma as I won’t be making it to the game due to the early kickoff. 
So the A&S Police and SAG unit are absolute tosspots as well as Big Dave! 

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If we got on o dowdas back and make it hostile he will play like Stan laurel, rather than collymore

O’ Dowda often played like Stan Laurel for us, so I don’t think booing will have anything to do with it!

I know that other fans boo their former players when they return to their old club but why?  To me it’s just an immature few that think it’s ‘clever’.

Famara did a decent enough job for us as did O’Dowda. Both gave their all and never let the team down. Neither deserve a hostile reaction.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Or an Ecky Thump one like Maynard himself.

TBH the thing that really annoyed me was the made up charge that City fans attacked his mother in the stand and threw a bottle at her. Something witnessed by no one whatsoever.

"No one whatsoever" has witnessed a great deal of terrible Lansdown shenanigans on these very pages.

But getting back to my earlier point- there have been a number of good players at BCFC who have  refused to sign, wound down their contract, only to take a career nose dive . The likes of Carey and Murray made a better choice when discovering the greener grass was harder to mow.

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

"No one whatsoever" has witnessed a great deal of terrible Lansdown shenanigans on these very pages.

But getting back to my earlier point- there have been a number of good players at BCFC who have  refused to sign, wound down their contract, only to take a career nose dive . The likes of Carey and Murray made a better choice when discovering the greener grass was harder to mow.

Dunno about that last assertion. Murray made 40 appearances for a promotion-bound side, but Coppell next season didn't want him. Louis made 27 appearances for Coventry, then a league above us, swerved the Tinnion managerial car-crash but then returned to a revitalised Gary Johnson side that got promoted.

I'd say both made reasonable career choices there and both went on to enjoy lengthy and successful times at City after deciding to return. Which incidentally disproves all those posters who say "never go back" when talking about players or managers. 

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Dunno about that last assertion. Murray made 40 appearances for a promotion-bound side, but Coppell next season didn't want him. Louis made 27 appearances for Coventry, then a league above us, swerved the Tinnion managerial car-crash but then returned to a revitalised Gary Johnson side that got promoted.

I'd say both made reasonable career choices there and both went on to enjoy lengthy and successful times at City after deciding to return. Which incidentally disproves all those posters who say "never go back" when talking about players or managers. 

I think that Carey going on to be the all time BCFC player and Scotty being the legend he is and employed forever makes for a very very good decision in coming back. The point being is that the likes of Fam etc perhaps would have had a better career by staying as opposed to chasing a bigger pay cheque. 

Then again,  Scott and Webster and a few others may well disagree!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think that Carey going on to be the all time BCFC player and Scotty being the legend he is and employed forever makes for a very very good decision in coming back. The point being is that the likes of Fam etc perhaps would have had a better career by staying as opposed to chasing a bigger pay cheque. 

Then again,  Scott and Webster and a few others may well disagree!!

I think Fam would've stayed - or at least he claims he would - but the club had to do a radical Post-Covid reduction in playing costs.

I remember his last games where he seemed very disgruntled and hardly put in an effort up field. Thing is. he may not have attacked much in his last season, was still a better defender than most of those we employed to fulfill that role. 🤣

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Joe Bryan- agree 100%

Players leaving to further their careers like Maynard ,Fam and Massengo- it's just a tiny weeny bit funny when they don't especially when they find that BCFC was their finest moment.

Bryan scored both goals in Fulham's play off win v Brentford and then went on to play in the Premier League. I think he's furthered his career. Massengo got a move to a Premier League club & despite not playing, its down to him to prove himself.

Maynard got his move to West Ham, got promoted with Cardiff so I think he furthered his career also.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Give him the same reception that we give to ANY Cardiff player

I get what you're saying, and I wish it was like it were in the good old days... but the default reception at these early kick offs  seems to be apathy and a bit of yawning sadly 

• Like 1

The sad truth is that, whilst I really rated him at one point when he played for us, I am utterly indifferent to his return. I’m not sad or upset that he is playing for Cardiff, I’m not even angry that he downed tools for five months as I don’t know the wider circumstances, what he was told and what happened behind the scenes.

But those five months of disinterested performances have left me with complete apathy. I don’t care that he plays for Cardiff, he’ll just be another player on Saturday and I have absolutely no interest in his career.

• Like 3

We've had much better forward's over the years - Bob Taylor, Cole, Allison, Agostino, Goater, Akinbiyi, Lita, Maynard, Stead, JET, Wilbraham, Tammy, Kodjia even Weimann in 2021/22. 

I don't think Fam is fit to lace any of those players' boots.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Can't seriously be comparing Pack's efforts and time here to Fam's?

It was in an 'in' joke with Harry. Sorry mate...wooshed you by accident. Maybe worth reading thread before quoting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

I get what you're saying, and I wish it was like it were in the good old days... but the default reception at these early kick offs  seems to be apathy and a bit of yawning sadly 

I'd say it is something we need to get used to a bit and the early kick offs being underwhelming are fully understandable, but if we ever go up (Ha!) then kick-off times will be all over the place and I don't know whether the 12.30pm is equally as flat everywhere.

A while ago I was in Yorkshire, few years ago bow and tuned into one of the BBC Local Radio Stations. Leeds v Aston Villa on a Sunday lunchtime in the Championship, 12pm or similar? Hell of a noise.

It's a slot I hate but it has been around since the PL at minimum. I wonder if it inhibits all clubs.