IGNORED

Liam Pre Cardiff

Silvio Dante

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/liam-mannings-severnside-derby-press-conference/

Just a few highlights:

- Says he didn’t get it right tactically against QPR

- Against Sheffield was more around the basics and didn’t see much wrong with the gameplan. Team got too emotional and weren’t controlled

- “It makes me laugh because 12 days ago everything was great”

- Wouldn’t change any of his processes or the way he works

- Thinks he has had to adapt because of the players but didn’t say much specific

- Believes prior to the last two games there was only one poor performance out of 20

- Thinks some fatigue from the period just got through

- Can give all the information to the players but they need to step up on pitch

- Delighted with Dickie/Vyner generally and wouldn’t focus on last week

- Stokes looking good in training- Murphy some way off and likely to be pre season next year “You’ll need to speak to the medical team”

- Naismith in squad, Twine out, James a doubt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/liam-mannings-severnside-derby-press-conference/

Just a few highlights:

- Against Sheffield was more around the basics and didn’t see much wrong with the gameplan. Team got too emotional and weren’t controlled

- Thinks he has had to adapt because of the players but didn’t say much specific

- Believes prior to the last two games there was only one poor performance out of 20

- Stokes looking good in training- Murphy some way off and likely to be pre season next year “You’ll need to speak to the medical team”

Thanks for the summary Silvio.

Some of those points makes him look like he is delusional !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Thanks for the summary Silvio.

Some of those points makes him look like he is delusional !!

Piercy asked the question on adaptability but I think the answer was skirted over a bit. I think at least there is some awareness re getting it wrong vs QPR but the “1 poor game in 20” and “it makes me laugh” are direct quotes I can’t see going down well.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 6

Just now, Toffee dog said:

So is he suggesting that Murphy is injured when saying ask the medical team, very little information but sounds more than a niggle?

I think it’s more that his fitness level sounds like it’s akin to someone starting couch to 5k from the sounds of it! Not an injury but just seems way below fitness level currently 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Wouldn’t change any of his processes or the way he works

This mindset bothers me. It implies he's right regardless of the outcome. Not encouraging to be as rigid in your approach as he seems to be. Good leaders in any context are open to the possibility that they may be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can give all the information to the players but they need to step up on pitch

He keeps saying this but it comes across as he's doing fine it's the players' fault.

These sort of things don't come across to me as 'good behaviours'.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s more that his fitness level sounds like it’s akin to someone starting couch to 5k from the sounds of it! Not an injury but just seems way below fitness level currently 

Yes that would make sense so fitness side not medical 

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

This mindset bothers me. It implies he's right regardless of the outcome. Not encouraging to be as rigid in your approach as he seems to be. Good leaders in any context are open to the possibility that they may be wrong.

He did say, when questioned by Piercy , that he has, or will adapt . Says it would be wrong not to.

I like Piercy , asks questions I want to know the answer to.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He did say, when questioned by Piercy , that he has, or will adapt . Says it would be wrong not to.

Point taken though that seems to contradict him saying he wouldn't change the way he works. There could be a subtle difference I suppose.

Agreed on Piercy, he's excellent.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Thinks he has had to adapt because of the players but didn’t say much specific.

Interesting summations from LM. The third one seems to be a bit of a recurring theme. 

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Point taken though that seems to contradict him saying he wouldn't change the way he works. There could be a subtle difference I suppose.

Agreed on Piercy, he's excellent.

Wish he’d replace GT.

So much to unpack there and thank you @Silvio Dante for the summary. 

Some seriously concerning statements from Manning for me, particularly the rose tinted view on how things were, not being adaptable and always right and “makes me laugh” comment.

He won’t be laughing if we lose against Cardiff. 

In respect of Naismith, here is what I fear could happen.

Manning coming under a bit of pressure, possibly can noise but hear all the same.

Players who are close to ready he brings back. Perhaps Naismith starts or more likely on the bench 

Great, but not fully ready, under pressure (or feeling under pressure) to get a result Naismith comes on...and tweaks something. Tweak turns to injury 

Out for weeks if not months. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yes, the processes answer was first and was pretty firm. The adaptability one came after and was a bit more woolly.

Agree re Piercy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In respect of Naismith, here is what I fear could happen.

Manning coming under a bit of pressure, possibly can noise but hear all the same.

Players who are close to ready he brings back. Perhaps Naismith starts or more likely on the bench 

Great, but not fully ready, under pressure (or feeling under pressure) to get a result Naismith comes on...and tweaks something. Tweak turns to injury 

Out for weeks if not months. 

I think that scenario would already have happened if it was going to, given that he played for the U21s a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yes, the processes answer was first and was pretty firm. The adaptability one came after and was a bit more woolly.

Agree re Piercy

I hope he meant it , would be madness for anyone so one eyed to try and force something that doesn't fit on good players.

I'm ok for him to have a vision and preferred style , but the whole thing is surely about getting the best out of the players you have. 
I'd say at the moment the system is not getting near the best from of Knight and Conway , hopefully that changes soon. 

Just now, Northern Red said:

I think that scenario would already have happened if it was going to, given that he played for the U21s a couple of weeks ago.

We'll see. Different intensity in U21 vs first team especially potentially a local derby.

I hope he is fit, because a fully fit Naismith could be a real asset..no point in adding decent players if they are hardly ever available!

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

We'll see. Different intensity in U21 vs first team especially potentially a local derby.

I hope he is fit, because a fully fit Naismith could be a real asset..no point in adding decent players if they are hardly ever available!

What I mean is that if he was going to rush him when he's not quite there, it would have happened last weekend after the U21 game.

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just a few highlights:

“Had to adapt because of the players we’ve got”

Aka - I can’t play my style because of the squad, and Tinnion & JL sold the fans the dream. 

@Davefevs @Harry said he’d let it slip in an off the cuff manner, maybe not in the same week though 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Aka - I can’t play my style because of the squad, and Tinnion & JL sold the fans the dream. 

@Davefevs @Harry said he’d let it slip in an off the cuff manner, maybe not in the same week though 🤣🤣

You could be forgiven for thinking the previous manager was changing things very gradually (too gradually for the hierarchy and some fans) for a reason…..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can give all the information to the players but they need to step up on pitch

Is there an element here of - “I didn’t make it as a pro player so I can’t quite relate to how it translates onto the pitch”?

Thats not a criticism, is this where Hoggy helps him?

(I want to hear from Hoggy)

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Well, it gives me something to watch for on Saturday…although I did infer we’ve not played what I’d call true Manningball for quite a few games now.

Edited by Davefevs