IGNORED

Honestly

GrahamC

6 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

TYPE, Not Colin. Type means man manager and motivator. This could seriously spiral out of control.

That would call for experience needed. The structure we have over his head will make it almost impossible to be attractive (except for the money) won't be attractive to anyone worthwhile. Something has to change in how we operate, or with who.

• Flames 2

52 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

First half grade C. It was ok. Cardiff did nothing and nor did we.

2nd half Cardiff scored. We did nothing. Grade E.

Yep. The first half is fine if you then kick on and win the game, or at least create enough chances to think you should have done.

We didn't do that, quite the opposite in fact until about 5 minutes left and we threw the kitchen sink at it.

Edited by Northern Red

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Let’s be honest, they were shite as well.

That’s the frustration I know we were outclassed by Leeds but realistically we’re not their level.

Cardiff are us, same points before the game, same level of players & we barely laid a glove on them.

The football is sterile too, incredibly dull to sit through.

This is spot on.

Cardiff were absolutely terrible. There’s very easily a world in which we get a corner and Dickie nods it in and we win 1-0. That doesn’t change anything.

The football under this manager is torture, he needs to be removed asap, and the two ******* idiots that sacked Nigel Pearson and appointed him also need to removed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

I was sat watching match of the day earlier and it was like watching a different sport to what was served up today. It was disjointed, slow and quite frankly, abject.

Our attendance figures are excellent, but they are going to fall off a cliff never year I'd imagine and that can't be tolerated. Maybe not this season, but to me, the trajectory is down to League One.

Something needs to change now.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not a chance in hell as long as the Lansdowns run our club.

And that goes for anybody who has even an ounce of football credibility.

Amazing they ever employed Nigel come to think of it. 

We will never see a "name" manager at the club again, as long as the Muppets have control .

I worry the same but also thought that after Coppel, Pearson came after that whole shit show so I think what it comes down to with the "named managers" is how desperate our board get. 

If we find ourselves in a bad financial situation and needing quality I think they'd be tempted to bring in a manager with a lot of contacts because an 'up and coming' manager just doesn't have those links or that weight behind them. 

I really hope there is a point where they have a "**** it, we've had enough" appointment and give us a big name hoping it'll go bad so the fans stop demanding big name managers. In many ways I wonder if that was what Pearson was and then they found out how yes men only work if the people above them know what they're doing. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Terrified we give him another transfer window, millions of pounds, and sack him 10 games into next season 

Just catching up on this thread, well said mate. You can easily see this happening right now, and then again mid season we'll need another re-build. 

Unless we see a major reaction and up turn in performances he surely needs to go before close season. 

23 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

For such a student of the game as our Liam is, I was relieved to hear that Scotty Murray had to tell him yesterday how important our Severnside derby is.

I literally have no feelings about this bloke. The most unoffensive yet uninspiring guy who has ever managed us.

He could walk into my house and help himself to a beer and I wouldnt notice.

Just brilliant Tom! Gave me a good laugh at least but it does indeed feel like that! 

• Like 1

Whatever teams like Bournemouth,Brentford, Brighton are doing to get to and stay in the prem we should be following first 2 at least have smaller grounds.

Are we failing by poor manager choices/lack of investment in players or just no ambition at the top? maybe all 3, what are they doing thats so right and we arent.?

As has already been said, if we sack LM, BT,and JL and bring in Pep til the end of the season we are still forked! There is now no structure to the club of people with footballing ability and knowledge. 

The club needs rebuilding with football people from the bottom to the top.  I said before there is no-one at the club now in a position of authority who I have any respect for. The annual rebuild this year needs to take place off the pitch not on it! Over to you Steve.

• Like 3

On 02/03/2024 at 14:29, DaveF said:

Completely disillusioned with this club. Getting the point where I don't even care anymore... The football is terrible, the manager is completely uninspiring, dread watching us play at the moment.

Well that's patently untrue or you wouldn't be posting on here .