IGNORED

Honestly

GrahamC

For such a student of the game as our Liam is, I was relieved to hear that Scotty Murray had to tell him yesterday how important our Severnside derby is.

I literally have no feelings about this bloke. The most unoffensive yet uninspiring guy who has ever managed us.

He could walk into my house and help himself to a beer and I wouldnt notice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

We lost 2-0 to Cardiff away and put on a better performance than that under Pearson and he had half a squad out injured and he got sacked for it.

I don't blame the players, they played as they were instructed to and you could see it was not working, what did Manning do.... nothing.

In my eyes Manning had the players to win that game, he had double the squad depth his predecessor had, he had the backing of the board unlike his predecessor and he still refused to adapt and it resulted in a worse performance.

I'm done with Manning, for the first time in a very very long time I can comfortably say I actually want a manager gone early into his time here. I'd rather have O'Driscoll, Millen, even McInnes over Manning. I'm sure many people will say that's a knee-jerk reaction but I will say this, not one of those men played the same tactics, same gameplan and refused to adapt for three straight games as we were completely nullified. Manning isn't ever going to accept he's responsible so we'll continue on with the same shit, getting excited when teams open up against us allowing Mannings football to work and maybe picking up surprise wins and losing the rest to teams who identify our playstyle, nullify it and laugh at Manning on the sideline looking lost.

It is a bit of a knee jerk reaction! But all  meant well and all true

• Like 1

Main striker has managed 1 goal in open play since manning came in.

Empty spaces on the bench.

The more ‘free training weeks’, the worst we get.

Not a hope in hell of any new debuts from the academy.

yeah…. today is certainly me done for the season. 

I thought there was no chance in hell LM would be under any pressure until having a pre season, but carry on like we have done over the last few weeks and he deserves the sack, sadly. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Hate to say it, but Colin type needed asap.

I disagree. Good manager but we need someone to build for the long term. We’re obviously not going to turn back to Pearson but I would like someone with a similar mindset of doing what will help the club in the long term rather than get quick results

Of course, another month of performances like this and the quick results getter might be required.

• Like 1

Absolute shambles. Luckily i couldn't make it there today, unluckily i watched the 2nd half and it was awful. He made a treble sib and just left everything set up as we were amd unsurprisingly bar about a 90 second spell we were completely contained.

He is not building anything, unless a relegation side counts.

He must have had the chance now for some grass sessions the last few weeks and this is what gets served up.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’m going to be as fair as I can be.

I don’t think - on paper - Manning was a terrible appointment. If you appoint someone with Championship experience then you often end up with someone whose career has peaked and there is a solid argument for gambling on a manager succeeding at a lower level as someone who might have the potential to get promotion. 

BUT it is not working, we are going backwards and it is increasingly hard to identify the positives Manning has brought or to believe he has the answers to improve us. 

Ultimately - unless he has a very compelling analysis of what has gone wrong so far and how he can fix it (beyond blaming the players for not understanding and implementing his tactical genius) then he has to go and JL and BT need to be honest with themselves about how this appointment went wrong and what needs to happen to get it right next time.

The answer would have been to have recruited the high quality play maker, and high quality big striker in january, or even better in the summer when scott was sold. Twine might have been it but hes ####ed, and mabude might have been it, but hes never played a pro game in his life, when your technical director comes out the day after the transfer window closes and says we are definitely going to buy a big striker in the summer, you know we ballsed it right up when we had the chance to improve it. The other issue is the coach not having a clue how to set the team up for teams who come for a scrap, or have any thought, or intention, to change it when it doesnt work.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is rubbish, isn’t it?

Depressing isn’t it Graham , really depressing

12 months or so ago I felt , and posted about how pleased and proud I was about our Club , or the playing side I should say , with a straightforward honest manager and staff who had created a buzz, clearly liked by players ,  a great squad spirit , bringing our youngsters through.... in a safe safe if unspectacular pair of hands

To this.........

WTAF

• Like 3
  • Flames 11

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Depressing isn’t it Graham , really depressing

12 months or so ago I felt , and posted about how pleased and proud I was about our Club , or the playing side I should say , with a straightforward honest manager and staff who had created a buzz, clearly liked by players ,  a great squad spirit , bringing our youngsters through.... in a safe safe if unspectacular pair of hands

To this.........

WTAF

……and the clown in the dugout is making it worse by the week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

What?!

Huddersfield, Leeds, both QPR, Preston, Birmingham, Sheff Weds, Cardiff, just off the top of my head…

His press conference HE said that. Post was very much tounge in cheek. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

What?!

Huddersfield, Leeds, both QPR, Preston, Birmingham, Sheff Weds, Cardiff, just off the top of my head…

Very tongue in cheek mate - reacting to Manning saying 1 poor performance in 20 pre match. 

i can count the good games on one hand; and my favourite game is pinfinger. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m a member not a STH. Absolutely zero motivation to part with my money at the moment.

I'm a STH - seriously considering saving my money. Its supposed to be escapism........its actually making me resent the money I'm parting with every month....

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

We lost 2-0 to Cardiff away and put on a better performance than that under Pearson and he had half a squad out injured and he got sacked for it.

I don't blame the players, they played as they were instructed to and you could see it was not working, what did Manning do.... nothing.

In my eyes Manning had the players to win that game, he had double the squad depth his predecessor had, he had the backing of the board unlike his predecessor and he still refused to adapt and it resulted in a worse performance.

I'm done with Manning, for the first time in a very very long time I can comfortably say I actually want a manager gone early into his time here. I'd rather have O'Driscoll, Millen, even McInnes over Manning. I'm sure many people will say that's a knee-jerk reaction but I will say this, not one of those men played the same tactics, same gameplan and refused to adapt for three straight games as we were completely nullified. Manning isn't ever going to accept he's responsible so we'll continue on with the same shit, getting excited when teams open up against us allowing Mannings football to work and maybe picking up surprise wins and losing the rest to teams who identify our playstyle, nullify it and laugh at Manning on the sideline looking lost.

Agreed. Couldn’t decide whether we just didn’t have the quality of player to play his system, or his system was the problem to start with, but I’ve made up my mind after that. I didn’t think any of the players were coasting or not trying today, but the second we get to the halfway line, we’ve got no options other than backwards. Felt sorry for the players today

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Completely disillusioned with this club. Getting the point where I don't even care anymore... The football is terrible, the manager is completely uninspiring, dread watching us play at the moment.

I wish I couldn't care...you know just pay up and have a few beers a burger and watch a good game with a few goals, like it was in the old East End days...but this is so sterile predictable and crap, but I will be just the same Tuesday, next Saturday and so on..............I wish there was an element of a Rugby fan in me you know the type.😙

Thing is though . I don’t know where we go next. Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas . So, if the lansdowns sacked manning & tinnion , then who the **** makes the football decisions ? 
Jon is nowhere near qualified to run a football club , so if he stepped down who runs it 😂😂 we haven’t even got a CEO any more . 
They know nothing about football so trusts a man who doesn’t know how to run the football side . Who appoints a manager out of his depth. We’re ****** 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The answer would have been to have recruited the high quality play maker, and high quality big striker in january, or even better in the summer when scott was sold. Twine might have been it but hes ####ed, and mabude might have been it, but hes never played a pro game in his life, when your technical director comes out the day after the transfer window closes and says we are definitely going to buy a big striker in the summer, you know we ballsed it right up when we had the chance to improve it. The other issue is the coach not having a clue how to set the team up for teams who come for a scrap, or have any thought, or intention, to change it when it doesnt work.

I totally agree with the second part. With the first part, I think it is harder to say as we don’t know what the options were. I certainly think the club were arrogant in not recruiting in the summer and failing to address an obvious gap in the squad. In January, it may have been a choice of settling for a poor player at poor value or holding off until the summer to get the player we actually wanted. As you say, Twine as a stopgap made theoretical sense but for the injury. However the signing of Mebude is just looking like a misfire.