IGNORED

Honestly

GrahamC

3 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

Agreed. Couldn’t decide whether we just didn’t have the quality of player to play his system, or his system was the problem to start with, but I’ve made up my mind after that. I didn’t think any of the players were coasting or not trying today, but the second we get to the halfway line, we’ve got no options other than backwards. Felt sorry for the players today

Said this elsewhere but, if the players can’t play the system then it is the wrong system, no matter how good it is in theory.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

20 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

For such a student of the game as our Liam is, I was relieved to hear that Scotty Murray had to tell him yesterday how important our Severnside derby is.

I literally have no feelings about this bloke. The most unoffensive yet uninspiring guy who has ever managed us.

He could walk into my house and help himself to a beer and I wouldnt notice.

What’s your address?

• Haha 5

Just now, David Brent said:

We’re stuck though. There is no way that JL and BT will want to lose face. 

We’ll give him millions and he’ll have a poor start next season. We’ll replace him and write off the season. 

Short of us barely picking up another point this season and thus getting into a relegation battle, this is the most likely outcome.

• Like 3

Words are not enough, as next years ST`s are sold and there is little to no difference in attendances, the bosses think, thats fine then...more of the same coming right up.

They will continue to do what they like because they can, do something or sit down shut up.

As for Manning should resign tonight complete epic fail and same for Tinman...........trust me on tinnion.....once bitten not twice shy

• Like 1

Hearing lots of fans at the past two games mentioning the Southampton game and how can we play so well in that game then lose to QPR, Wednesday and Cardiff. It’s so predictable and the answer is fairly simple.

The main difference is that Southampton came to win. They had the majority of possession and we took advantage on the counter. The other teams line up with banks on 5 and 4 behind the ball and let us play across the back four, playing in front of them, team are happy to let us try and  break them down. We cannot or do not have the qualify to break sides down. There is a severe lack of creativity when we have possession and slow the game down with the opposition in front of us. Are they told to play like that?

We are most effective when we have no time to think and counter at pace. The last three games we could not do that as when we are passing between Vyner and Dickie and back again, allowing teams to set and sit behind the ball - teams know this and don’t even bother pressing us.

The problem is we then have no plan B. That is the sign of a decent manger to change things up - 2 up top, playing wide - no chance with Manning by the look of it. Let’s try the same thing over but with varying personnel.

One of the problems LM faces in games is that unless the other manager doesn't set up his team the way he wants, he really is in trouble. There is no plan to counter the other team, subs are like for like set by an alarm clock....... It's so poor. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

The past three-six months have been complete self sabotage. I’ve never felt more disconnected from the whole thing.

The lowest I ever felt was the Holden appointment, but this isn’t far off. I think how unnecessary this all is makes it particularly frustrating. 

Just now, luke_bristol said:

The lowest I ever felt was the Holden appointment, but this isn’t far off. I think how unnecessary this all is makes it particularly frustrating. 

I liked Holden, though. He was clearly out of his depth and the wrong appointment but I liked his intent, how he wanted to go about it, his personality.

Manning - and everything about us currently - feels so sterile and meh. I’ve no real affection for him, no attachment, no real feeling of wanting him to do well.

Maybe that’s just me - or on me - but it is what it is.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I liked Holden, though. He was clearly out of his depth and the wrong appointment but I liked his intent, how he wanted to go about it, his personality.

Manning - and everything about us currently - feels so sterile and meh. I’ve no real affection for him, no attachment, no real feeling of wanting him to do well.

Manning offers nothing. Like for like substitutions in a system that isn’t working. No Plan B. No passion. Nothing.

Football like almost all sport is not played in theory but in reality. As much as it can be about tactics, it’s also about desire and passion. Its not played in some sterile vacuum.

Would I be inspired by Manning, who achieved nothing as a player, nothing tangible as a manager, already had one sacking on his brief senior level career, and who seems to have zero man management skills? No. And I don’t think the payers are either.

• Flames 1

30 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I really think a big part of his downfall is the whole ‘don’t show any emotion’ lines. It’s why so many never warmed to SO’D.

Admitting that you shouldn’t have celebrated with fans after a win, or that players shouldn’t show frustration on the pitch when losing, sucks all connection out of club and fans. 

Which is quite ironic, given loads never warmed to the previous regime because they didn’t do a lap of the pitch clapping the fans at FT. Comparing the connection between fans and players/staff from then to now, is absolute night and day. 

8 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I didn't see Cardiff operating a low block. 

Let’s be honest, they were shite as well.

That’s the frustration I know we were outclassed by Leeds but realistically we’re not their level.

Cardiff are us, same points before the game, same level of players & we barely laid a glove on them.

The football is sterile too, incredibly dull to sit through.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, The Journalist said:

The past three-six months have been complete self sabotage. I’ve never felt more disconnected from the whole thing.

The moment I heard Nige talk about budgets I thought he was trying to be smart around new contracts for existing players and signings with the Scott money.  Then the window ended and I really couldn’t rationalise it.

I called it “self harm” rather than “sabotage”, but same difference.

What confirmed it was the Phil Alexander SOTC interview.  Hostage to the shit-running of the club from SL down.

This weeks interview from LM on the back of some rumours of a staff meeting and admission that LM can’t get the players to play how he wants was a huge turning point for me.  Today compounds it.

What a cluster####.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Let’s be honest, they were shite as well.

That’s the frustration I know we were outclassed by Leeds but realistically we’re not their level.

Cardiff are us, same points before the game, same level of players & we barely laid a glove on them.

The football is sterile too, incredibly dull to sit through.

I didn’t mind losing to Leeds in one sense because they were clearly so much better than us. The defeats at home under Manning that really show up the problem are the three 1-0 defeats to Millwall, QPR and today to Cardiff. No cutting edge, no threat, no attack to speak off, just dull turgid possession for possessions’ sake, going nowhere passing along the back line or back to the goalkeeper. Only 1 upfront, who often has to drop back, such that if we ever do get the ball in the penalty box, that player isn’t there.

It’s terrible to watch and easy to defend against. The lack of goals from our forwards from open play speaks to the fact that this system doesn’t work with the players we have got. I feel sorry for Wells and Conway because they have an impossible job. I said before that Harry Kane would struggle to score for us right now. Well I have changed my mind. Even Eeling Haaland would struggle to even get a chance as the centre forward playing for us. There are just no chances being made for the strikers. And if I remember correctly, the objective of football is to score more goals than the opposition. Not under Manning it would seem!

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Spike said:

We lost 2-0 to Cardiff away and put on a better performance than that under Pearson and he had half a squad out injured and he got sacked for it.

I don't blame the players, they played as they were instructed to and you could see it was not working, what did Manning do.... nothing.

In my eyes Manning had the players to win that game, he had double the squad depth his predecessor had, he had the backing of the board unlike his predecessor and he still refused to adapt and it resulted in a worse performance.

I'm done with Manning, for the first time in a very very long time I can comfortably say I actually want a manager gone early into his time here. I'd rather have O'Driscoll, Millen, even McInnes over Manning. I'm sure many people will say that's a knee-jerk reaction but I will say this, not one of those men played the same tactics, same gameplan and refused to adapt for three straight games as we were completely nullified. Manning isn't ever going to accept he's responsible so we'll continue on with the same shit, getting excited when teams open up against us allowing Mannings football to work and maybe picking up surprise wins and losing the rest to teams who identify our playstyle, nullify it and laugh at Manning on the sideline looking lost.

I agree with everything here & this mirrors how I feel.  The only point I’d question is to whether he has actually been backed. We brought in Mebude who is an untried kid and in essence swapped Weimann for Twine. The squad depth has been a disgrace and we only named 7 subs that included 3 who have never started a championship game.  I also want him gone but we failed dismally in Jan window to help us as a team so no amount of bullshit from Tinnion will convince me otherwise.  This was so avoidable & unfortunately all us fans are suffering for 3 peoples deficiencies. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Hate to say it, but Colin type needed asap.

Not a chance in hell as long as the Lansdowns run our club.

And that goes for anybody who has even an ounce of football credibility.

Amazing they ever employed Nigel come to think of it. 

We will never see a "name" manager at the club again, as long as the Muppets have control .

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I agree with everything here & this mirrors how I feel.  The only point I’d question is to whether he has actually been backed. We brought in Mebude who is an untried kid and in essence swapped Weimann for Twine. The squad depth has been a disgrace and we only named 7 subs that included 3 who have never started a championship game.  I also want him gone but we failed dismally in Jan window to help us as a team so no amount of bullshit from Tinnion will convince me otherwise.  This was so avoidable & unfortunately all us fans are suffering for 3 peoples deficiencies. 

The same Weimann who has featured 7 times for a side in fifth spot (2 starts 5 as sub) & has 2 goals & an assist.

Absolute insanity to think he wouldn’t improve our side, let alone a bench comprising kids, Cornick & Mehmeti.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The moment I heard Nige talk about budgets I thought he was trying to be smart around new contracts for existing players and signings with the Scott money.  Then the window ended and I really couldn’t rationalise it.

I called it “self harm” rather than “sabotage”, but same difference.

What confirmed it was the Phil Alexander SOTC interview.  Hostage to the shit-running of the club from SL down.

This weeks interview from LM on the back of some rumours of a staff meeting and admission that LM can’t get the players to play how he wants was a huge turning point for me.  Today compounds it.

What a cluster####.

The players look so short of confidence, it’s like they’re constantly caught in two minds of instinct or ‘the plan’. It’s turned them into robots. 

I honestly feel sorry for the players at the moment, they can’t enjoy playing with such restrictions 

• Like 5

Hate to depress you  further but realistically Manning will be here at least until Christmas. No way will the club lose face but if things are looking shite by Christmas/New Year then he'll be gone. 

41 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Hate to depress you  further but realistically Manning will be here at least until Christmas. No way will the club lose face but if things are looking shite by Christmas/New Year then he'll be gone. 

I think that really depends on what happens in the next 11 games. Even the Lansdown regime couldn’t keep on a manager who oversaw a relegation after 2/3 of the season in charge. There might actually be a reaction from the fans more than just the usual griping on here were that to happen.

• Like 3