IGNORED

Sorry but Manning has destroyed everything Pearson was building

This was another inept, clueless performance. Cardiff were dire, but still came away with the points. Even the relegation betting odds have gone from 375/1 to 150/1. Another couple of defeats and it's looking more likely that we'll be close. I still think we'll finish 18th. Same problems, but no passion, especially in a derby game. My wife went and hates football as I was home following surgery. Her first words were, 'why were they passing around the back with 10 minutes to go, shouldn't they be getting it into the box and trying to score. It was so slow.' Says it all, and SL/JL will still be asking for £550 for my next season ticket. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Just listened to his post match. Players fault again, not brave enough. Where LJ used to measure the height of the grass pre game, Manning measures the gap under the bus to ensure that the players will fit when he chucks them under it.

He’s a joke. Has lost the dressing room for sure. Would you be inspired to work for him? Typical Tinnion appointment. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Does anyone remember when Nahki Wells and Tommy Conway played together on the pitch at the same time and were actually quite good?

Sorry, maybe irrelevant. Was good though those days weren’t they. We scored a bit. Silly old reminiscent me.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Does anyone remember when Nahki Wells and Tommy Conway played together on the pitch at the same time and were actually quite good?

Sorry, maybe irrelevant. Was good though those days weren’t they. We scored a bit. Silly old reminiscent me.

Cardiff at home last year, one of the best city displays in recent times. Conway has been ruined under this guy. 

• Like 4

Manning needs time and thank goodness for those 2 wins, or it would have been incredibly toxic, more so than now. I did not agree with the sacking of Pearson or the reasoning. But we have to move on, he aint coming back and a manager of that experience would never take the City job again because they are surrounded by incompetence. A double winning manager was sacked on a whim when he also was not sufficiently backed.  Same old issue and it stems from the owner and those who he is seeking advice from. The club cant sack Manning unless Lansdown and Tinnion are also prepared to fall on their sword, which I doubt. They will give him time. Steve Lansdown is trying to sell up, but he cant, their are not any buyers and the club is very difficult to value anyway. Manning will probably have at least until the Autumn to get his team together. We have to accept that to change the style of play mid-season is dangerous and to sack a manager without really any fan pressure on him, was equally stupid. This has all combined to put Manning in a difficult position and under pressure. We are probably where I thought we would be under Pearson anyway. I dont buy the soundbites that this is a top 6 or even a top 10 team.  The same thing was said under Johnson but it was an illusion. The squad under Pearson definitely had potential, which is why I think his poor performances were also tolerated. He was building something and the rug was pulled out from under him.   The style of play now only serves to frustrate given what publicly we have been told by the hierarchy. It is also hard to play tippy tappy football with players who cant do it. We tried it under Pearson and they could not do it.  Pearson knew it, so he made us hard to beat, had the players together as one and played pragmatic football. Sometimes it wasnt pretty and it kept us safe. Lets not also forget this team is made up of League 1 and League 2 players with a mix of Academy lads. It needed quality and it hasnt had it in the last two windows.  Simple. Pearson was hamstrung by FFP and by the indulgent spending by Ashton and Johnson all sanctioned by Lansdown. I am at a loss as to why they did not back Manning in January. He must surely see these players cant play his way. Thus, he needs to show he is a good coach and change it, quickly.  If the lad Murphy is as shit hot as he is supposed to be, then he should be fast tracked into the team now. I can see no value in keeping with James or Williams. They are too slow in moving the ball and in the press. Manning needs a performance at Ipswich and he should stop tinkering with these stupid formations. They dont work. Go 442 and be pragmatic. We need 10 points and that is the only priority.  What then happens in the summer ... goodness only knows. 

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

We're now 6 points above a relegation place with games against Ipswich,  West Brom and Leicester coming up soon. We don't look like we can buy a point at this moment. If things don't change we're heading for a relegation fight and I really don't fancy our chances with this manager

Edited by harvey54
  • Like 3

Our owners and tinnion are guilty of egotistic self sabotage, nothing more nothing less.  Personally I’ve just volunteering to ref a youth football game next Sunday rather than suffer that shite again.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

Can't wait to hear what the Manning apologist Gay has to say....

FBC is on at 6pm tonight. I think he'll have to ditch the party line, but might be interesting to see how IG maneuvers. He'll have to be more mobile than the team if he tries to sit on the fence.

edit: I think it's 9am tomorrow per @REDOXO. I mean, it might be more enjoyable for some to listen today ...

Edited by Sleepy1968

I hope finally we’ll be a team that moves managers on quickly. Gave Lee Johnson too much time and to a certain extent gave Pearson too much time and if Manning doesn’t turn it around don’t give him too much time. Teams don’t give managers time anymore because frankly it’s a waste of time. There’s one manager in this division that’s been “building slowly” and that’s Mark Robins and they’ll likely never get promoted. Sack and move quick and you might strike a gem like Wednesday and QPR did with their managers. Luton lost their manager and got better and got promoted. Forest sacked their manager after 7 games didn’t give him “time” and got promoted. There’s hundreds of examples who’s the last team to get promoted with a “longstanding manager?”. We are a perennially outdated club always running off trends from years ago. 

Not to mention the absolute plethora of examples with Premier league teams. The only reason Leicester are in this division is because they decided to give Brendan Rogers “time” when it clearly wasn’t working.

Edited by Robinsfan

52 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

This club have never heard of Due Diligence.

Typical. Would be a good signing. Young, two-footed (not sure which is his front foot tbf), coming to the end of his contract.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

FBC is on at 6pm tonight. I think he'll have to ditch the party line, but might be interesting to see how IG maneuvers. He'll have to be more mobile than the team if he tries to sit on the fence.

Have they changed it back? @headhunter said 9 am tomorrow on another thread

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

This club have never heard of Due Diligence. 

Cheapest option all the time. When they spend they then don't give the financial support to take a run at it. 

I'd actually disagree in this instance. It's not even the cheap option - there was no logic to this one, so actually just outright ego and stupidity.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I’ve got to the stage where I respect Holloway more than Tinnion. Such a shame, ruined his legacy as a player with me, was one of my top three. Should have left it as that. 

What did Tinnion do in his playing career,  he stayed in the comfort zone.  

The Lansdowns have repeatedly shown that they are normally failures at making the correct appointments and decisions

And when they actually,  finally , do 

They throw it in the bin and everything that came with 

If it wasn’t so tragic it would be mind numbingly hilarious

🤡 🤡🤡 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Flames 2

When the dust settled on the sacking of NP, the decision to and the manner of it - I think it’s fair most of it admitted, if it’s the step the club needs to kick on, then agree or not - we take it.

The reality is Manning had fantastic foundations from which to build on.

The rate of decline is the most alarming thing - I think he has, as much as you can with this unbelievably professional squad, lost the dressing room now. You can sense it.

We’re bottom 3 in last 10 form, we’re looking over our shoulders 6 points from relegation. It’s back fired big style. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

edit: I think it's 9am tomorrow per @REDOXO. I mean, it might be more enjoyable for some to listen today ...

I bumped the FBC thread. Headhunter says 9am tomorrow 

25 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

And created pretty much the only decent chance we had against QPR with their interplay